What made YOU want to be an Eagle?

Information desk and visitor's lounge
Image

Moderators: Kendra Givens, Hannah R Thomas, Mod Squad

What made YOU want to be an Eagle?

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:44 am

So, i was wondering....when you put the sorting hat on, and it began to question you and peer into your mind, what made you think 'ravenclaw' 'ravenclaw' over the infamous Gryffndor? I mean, since HP graduated years ago, it seems everyone who gets their letter only wants to be a lion. And since we're all obviously eagles here, i wondered, like said....what made YOU want to be an eagle and not a lion?
Guest
 

Postby Allanna Branwen Culwich » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:21 pm

Well, for me, it was definitly that Eagles use logic... And I just never pictured myself as brave or courageous or whatever like a Gryffie
Allanna Branwen Culwich
 

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:55 pm

I've always found Gryffindor overrated. Not that I gon't like the lions, but the books are so Gryff-favouring that we never get to learn anything positive about the other houses, and that annoys me. Since the books are seen from Harrys PoV, and Harry thinks Gryff is the best, it's natural that the average readers don't concider that other houses can be much better for many people. (And since most of us actually hoped to be in Ravenclaw, most of us are above such low standards as "average" :cool: )

Personally I put intelligence before bravery, as rash thinking can do more damage than good in many situations. I've also always been a bookworm, done well at school and preferred to analyze a situation before acting *foolishly* fast.
I'm a :r4: at heart :mrgreen:
Anonymous
 

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:17 pm

The main reason for me to favour Ravenclaw was, like Zerah said:
-- I put intelligence before bravery, as rash thinking can do more damage than good in many situations. --

It's really annoying that Gryffindor always represents the "best" and Slytherin the "worst" house. (I also like Draco more than Harry, just because Harry is the "hero" and seems perfect.) The books tell us hardly anything about the houses other than Gryffindor.
In my opinion it's much more interesting to be a Ravenclaw, Slytherin or Hufflepuff than a *loved by everyone* Gryffie. (Doesn't mean that I don't like them)

I'm proud to be a :r1: (even if I've been one for not more than a week) :cool:
Anonymous
 

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:25 pm

Zerah Mandragoran wrote:I've always found Gryffindor overrated. Not that I gon't like the lions, but the books are so Gryff-favouring that we never get to learn anything positive about the other houses, and that annoys me. Since the books are seen from Harrys PoV, and Harry thinks Gryff is the best, it's natural that the average readers don't concider that other houses can be much better for many people. (And since most of us actually hoped to be in Ravenclaw, most of us are above such low standards as "average" :cool: )

Personally I put intelligence before bravery, as rash thinking can do more damage than good in many situations. I've also always been a bookworm, done well at school and preferred to analyze a situation before acting *foolishly* fast.
I'm a :r4: at heart :mrgreen:


Wow, such a wonderful passionate reply!! I'm reallllllly loving being :r4: even if it's only been a week! hahahahaha. When I took the sorting, it actually told me i was pretty much a tie for all the houses, except slytherin. Of course, it gives the extra points to whichever house you chose to be in, but i thought it was interesting. In the end, I said 'EVERYONE wants to be a gryffie b/c HP was a gryffie. I don't want to be a follower.'

I actually had a hard time picking between being an eagle and a badger. I'm smart, a bookworm, I'm always thinking logic and rationality, etc. But, the badgers are my university colors, and if I wanted to ever get the robes/sweaters/skirts (you know, you can do that? the internet is a wonderous thing....lol) it'd be cool to have them in my school colors. In the end, I went with my heart *erm* head and chose to be an eagle.

*nibbles a chocolate chocloate-chip muffin*
and so, here i am in the roost with the rest of my fellow eagles!!!

yay for :r1:!!!!!
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:29 pm

Josefine Sui wrote:The main reason for me to favour Ravenclaw was, like Zerah said:
-- I put intelligence before bravery, as rash thinking can do more damage than good in many situations. --

It's really annoying that Gryffindor always represents the "best" and Slytherin the "worst" house. (I also like Draco more than Harry, just because Harry is the "hero" and seems perfect.) The books tell us hardly anything about the houses other than Gryffindor.
In my opinion it's much more interesting to be a Ravenclaw, Slytherin or Hufflepuff than a *loved by everyone* Gryffie. (Doesn't mean that I don't like them)

I'm proud to be a :r1: (even if I've been one for not more than a week) :cool:


I'm like you, a little :r4: eaglet for less than a week, but already I love it. I feel like that's what I really would have been, if hgwrts was real. And while I do like HP, DM is my guy too. I actually think it's odd that we never really get more than a passing mention of the other houses. I mean, these kids are locked in a castle in the middle of nowhere for 9 months, surely they form SOME friendships outside their own house?

And you're right, I'd rather be an eagle, badger, or snake....than a much loved and well hyped lion. Of course, I have nothing against the gryffies, but I'm eagle through and through!!!!!!
Guest
 

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:50 pm

I was actually surprised when I took my Sorting test that I was an Eagle. Even more surprising was that it far outweighed every other house on the list. (My second place, Slytherin, was 20 points below) I don't really think I even had a chance to become a lion. I don't go rushing into things, and really, watching Harry in the books, all his bravery was stupidity. Nothing against gryffies of course. :D They aren't all like him.
Anonymous
 

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:54 pm

you know, i think the hat applies about 20 points to whichever house you pick, so that means, possibly, that had you picked slytherin, you might be a snake and not an eagle.....

i wonder if the snakes are truly bad like the books make them seem to be?
Guest
 

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:07 pm

You may be right. +nods+


And I don't really think they are. My best friend (IRL) was sorted into Slytherin, and there's nothing wrong with her. I think that, since the books are from Harry's perspective, it just proves lions and snakes need to get over the rivalry, and stop making the snakes look so bad.
Anonymous
 

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:33 pm

You know...I'm very into being couragous and standing up for yourself and your friends. So, Gryff would have been fine for me. However, if you don't have the smarts to know what you're standing up for and how to do it...it's being couragous is rather pointless. So, Ravenclaw...here I am! in bed
Anonymous
 

Postby Hari O'Duibhleargain » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:59 pm

I wanted to be in Ravenclaw, because, ickle newbie that I was, I thought HOL houses would be like in the books, to some degree. And since Ravenclaw was the smart house, I thought I would get in it, and I hoped I'd get in it. I never wanted to be in Gryffindor, or any house but Ravenclaw. But I didn't think Slytherin was bad, either. ;)
~Preppy!Hari~
//Queen of Bluebonnets//The 4th Sistah//
User avatar
Hari O'Duibhleargain
Haha! My MC is bigger than yours!
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:02 pm
Location: Some college somewhere...swamped with work!

Postby Anonymous » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:26 pm

I wanted to be in Ravenclaw because they had nicer house colors. Ok, that's too shallow of an answer, but it's true; we do have prettier colors! :wink: I like the intelligence of Ravenclaw, but the fact that we didn't know much about the house in the books intrigued me, so I wanted to be here.

Now that I'm here, there's no other house I'd rather be in! The people here in Ravenclaw (Laffy, Rhi, Chris, Eyre, Toby, my nest, and many many many others!) are why I love it here. :wub:
Anonymous
 

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:17 pm

I came here for 2 reasons.

One Pride, Honesty, Integrity that fits me along with the Logid. like so many above I am a book worm (irl my kids are growing up to be little book worms!)

the second reason I admit was the colors as well! They are just some really great colors!!!
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:41 am

well, it's true guys- we DO have nice colors, don't we? I actually like all the colors of the houses, but since I'm partial to green....I actually like the slytherin colors the most. Plus, out of the four, I like snakes the most. However, I decided that according to the books (which some people like to call cannon) slytherin doesn't have ideals that I quite agree with. Then I came here and found that few slytherins here at HOL are like the book slytherins.
Guest
 

Postby Kimaire Seloiro » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:02 pm

I wanted to be a ravenclaw no matter what. And I think I cheated a bit and tried to go for questions that I thought were the ravenclaw ones. *g* But I was given permission to take it again a year or so later (don't do this for fun, I had special permission!) and did it as honestly as possible and still got ravenclaw, so I really am an eagle. *g* However, it turned out I was actually tied with hufflepuff and it was my choice of "I want to be in ravenclaw" that decided it. I wouldn't have really considered it back when I was first sorted, but hufflepuff really does suit me quite well. I'm not really much of a slytherin or gryffindor, never considered them, and don't think either would fit me, but if I had to pick, I'm more ambitious than brave.
~Kim
ki007 | Prefect for the M-R nest | Head Prefect

Image
User avatar
Kimaire Seloiro
My MC is a... Billywig
 
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:28 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Next

Return to Below the Branches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest