What made YOU want to be an Eagle?

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Postby Anonymous » Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:29 pm

I don't really know if I had a house I favoured over the rest. All of the houses intregued me, really. Now that I'm here in Ravenclaw, I wouldn't have it any other way. I've found that I do favour wit, brains, studying, reading, etc, over bravery and cunning. I feel that over the year and a half that I've been here I've changed a bit. I think I have more Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff qualities than i did when I started.

-Ella
Anonymous

Postby Prof. Angelus Darklost » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:56 am

*steps up to the microphone and smiles* Well, according to every Sorting Hat I've found online, I've NEVER been a Gryffindor (except for that pesky Harry Potter Personality/IQ Test thing, but that one doesn't count). So, I've never put any thought into being a Gryffindor, ever.

As for Hufflepuff, that House suits me quite well, and usually is one of my normal Sorting Hat responses. But if I follow the canon of the series, I definitely don't have the dedication at times to support being a full-blooded Hufflepuff. So I wasn't surprised when I wasn't placed into Hufflepuff.

And Slytherin...well...I do revel in my dark side at times, and I have this penchant for being mildly evil too. But it's not all about me or what I want, or manipulating people to my will (unlike the one's in the series). So when the Hat said I wasn't a Slytherin, I accepted that without blinking.

But as for Ravenclaw...I never stopped to think what being a Ravenclaw was. Until I got here. Now, I still can't describe what a Ravenclaw is...but whatever it is...it's me. And everyone else here. *nods* We *ARE* Ravenclaw...and the way Ravenclaw should be...and is. *nods*

Yes...we ARE Ravenclaw. *squees*
Prof. Angelus Darklost
My MC is a... Bicorn

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:57 am

Angelus, out of curiousity, did you ever take the sorting hat that's at the offical harry potter site? I wonder how ANYONE there gets sorted into the other houses. I've taken that test 50 times, people I know have taken it numerous times, and they've ALWAYS gotten gryffndor. When the test came to get a wand, I for some reason ended up with the same wand as HP too. I found that a little odd[fade]...........[/fade]

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:35 am

When I took it, I always end up with Slytherin, once Ravenclaw. And I always end up with the same wand too, although I really like that wand. Nice color and length and all that.. :roll:
Anonymous

Postby October Jackson » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:05 pm

OK, I admit it.

I didn't pick Ravenclaw because of reasons to do with the books. (Although it does fit me for those reasons too.) As it happens, I do value courage extremely highly and I think Gryffindor is a great house in the books.

Fact is, before I first joined HOL back in 2001 (yes, back in the old Rapidforum days), I lurked around the boards for a while as a guest. There were a few things I noticed at this time.

First of all, Ravenclaw seemed to be full of really great people. Gryffindor had a million members and though many of them seemed nice, Gryff also seemed to pull in all the - how can I put this? - less discerning clientele who just picked Gryffindor because Harry was in it. Plus, it seemed to me that Gryffindors might have a tougher time getting involved in house activities because there were so many of them!

Ravenclaw seemed to be packed with intelligent, fun people and to be a great house to be in. And it had three head students and an aweseome head of house.

I joined mid-term (you could do that back in 2001) and so didn't go through the sorting hat. Put Ravenclaw down as my preference and here I am. And it turns out that HOL Ravenclaw suits me even more than canon Ravenclaw. It's the best house in HOL, the most down-to-earth and stable community, and its integrity is fantastic. I love Ravenclaw :D
October Junia Harriet Jackson | oc200 | Sixth Year | Quidditch Player
RAVENCLAW - Pride, Honesty, Integrity
October Jackson
My MC is a... Porlock

Postby Prof. Angelus Darklost » Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:43 pm

Jayda Newman Knight wrote:Angelus, out of curiousity, did you ever take the sorting hat that's at the offical harry potter site? I wonder how ANYONE there gets sorted into the other houses. I've taken that test 50 times, people I know have taken it numerous times, and they've ALWAYS gotten gryffndor. When the test came to get a wand, I for some reason ended up with the same wand as HP too. I found that a little odd[fade]...........[/fade]

*LOL* Actually...according to that Sorting Hat...I'm either Ravenclaw or Slytherin...and nothing but those two options. [[I end up Ravenclaw 2 out of every 3 times on that one...FYI...]]
Prof. Angelus Darklost
My MC is a... Bicorn

Postby Leora Lobel » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:11 pm

I wanted to be in the house that suited my personality best, not just the house that the books talk most about. I've always thought that I would be a Ravie, so it was what I wanted. I also agree somewhat with October - I always wanted to be in a house that didn't just pull in people who have read HP. ex - Gryffindor... Gryffindor... and Gryffindor. LOL. Plus, Ravenclaw is perfect for me because all of the people are nice and intelligent. And thats just awesome.

And Jayda: We SO have the best colors, nothing else even compares!!
"All the stories are fictions. What matters is which fiction you believe." -OSC
Leora Lobel
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:20 am

oh, i dont deny that we have the best colors, but I'm not really partial to blue, so i was saying (someone else had said something about choosing based on colors) that if i went on that, it'd be slytherin all the way.

I also didn't want to be surrounded by all the people who picked gryff because that's where the books were focused.

And i'm happy here!!

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:46 am

Jayda Newman Knight wrote:Angelus, out of curiousity, did you ever take the sorting hat that's at the offical harry potter site? I wonder how ANYONE there gets sorted into the other houses. I've taken that test 50 times, people I know have taken it numerous times, and they've ALWAYS gotten gryffndor. When the test came to get a wand, I for some reason ended up with the same wand as HP too. I found that a little odd

I find that I always end up in Slytherin, and tend to get Voldie's wand too. Which probably isn't coincidence.

Our colours are great, I used to be entirely obsessed with the colour blue, though I'm really into blacks and silvers now, as well as reds. If I was going for colour alone... Well, I probably wouldn't be here anyway. I'd never choose Gryffindor, and well, not Hufflepuff either.
From what I've seen so far, Ravenclaw was a good choice. :)
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Postby Caitlin Boag » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:50 am

I wanted to be in Ravenclaw....um... You know, I think it was just that EVERYONE is a Gryff, and EVERYONE ELSE is a Slytherin....gets boring after a while...
Caitlin Boag

Postby Anonymous » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:54 am

I never actually noticed that, but it's true, now that you mention it. Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff hardly get any recognition, so I suppose most people's thoughts are along the lines of, 'Well, I don't want to be a Gryff, because they're all brave and "fearless."' And the Slyths are supposed to be the 'bad-guys' while we and the Huffs are just kind of... there.
Anonymous

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:52 am

There is just ine reason for me: the :r4:s use their inteligence!! And I´m very proud to be one

Postby Aphelia Starr » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:25 pm

I found that according to the Sorting Hat's songs, :r1: was the house that my RL self would fit into best. So I admit, on the HOL Sorting Hat test I tried to pick the most :r1: ish answers if I had no opinion. And it worked! Yippee! We definately have the best house. I've checked out the other common rooms as a Guest and I feel most comfortable in this one. And on top of all that, blue is the most awesome colour in the entire universe. Ra Ra :r1:!
*~aphelia~rochelle~ashlyn~nicholette~starr~*
Aphelia Starr
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Sicaria Ven » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:26 am

I knew from the start I'd be in Ravenclaw. No doubt about it. I didn't choose answers for the sorting hat that were partial--just ones that I would choose in real life. Thus, I was sorted here.
And what's more, blue really is my color. If I had chosen soley for color, I would be here anyway. Albiet, I have my other reasons for being here. As so many others, I too, am a bookworm. It's great to be at a place and be able to fire off random book titles and the other people will know what I'm talking about. Intelligence is something I value and I'm so glad I've been sorted into this house. The people here are nice, not condescending, and quite friendly.

If I hadn't been placed here, I suppose I'd be in Slytherin for the fact that I can be a bit manipulative at times and rather cunning to get what I want. As Angelus said, I am quite at one with my darker side.
But I am right here in Ravenclaw, surrounded by muffins instead, and quite happy. Go :r3: !
Sicaria Ven

Postby Anonymous » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:11 am

Yes, it's the colours! I love blue. I'm also an avid reader, with 1000 books in my library. It would be more if I didn't keep having to move. I also don't like the things that are most popular ... When I was in elementary school, everyone loved downhill skiing and Anne of Green Gables. So I didn't. (That's ok, I was reading Lord of the Rings instead.) It feels like an Elven House to be sorted into, and I love Elves, too. (The other Elven House would be Slytherin, Griffindor is human/barbarian types, and Hufflepuff is dwarves ... too much RPG? nah!)
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to Below the Branches