What made YOU want to be an Eagle?

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Re: What made YOU want to be an Eagle?

Postby Gabrielle Cadeaux » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:02 am

Well, I wanted to be an Eagle when I actually thought that Gryffindors were too cliche, Huffles were the rejects, and Slytherin was a place for the good-for-nothing evil, conniving, scheming, plotting, scum of the earth type of people. Let's see what that leaves me with. Oh, Ravenclaw!
But some things stay the same, some things don't. Gryffindors are still kind of cliche, Huffles aren't really rejects, and Slytherins are still good-for-nothing evil, conniving, scheming, plotting, scum of the earth type of people...who are actually really caring and have fetishes for tasteful shoes. I guess when I grew up, I realized that I could only fit it with the latter description and so there I was, in the Slytherin common room, wondering how I ever could have thought I'd end up there :lol:
Gabrielle Cadeaux
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Scarlet Irisa » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Well to be an eagle you have to be logical and have a bit of brain power and I thought that summed me up rather than courage and bravery. :lol:
Thank you to Cassie for my amazing siggie and avatar!
Scarlet:
PT: Brainbox~Looker 2~Miss Congeniality~Speciality-Flying 2
DB: Firebrand~Excessive Pride
Scarlet Irisa
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Joe Cousland » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:15 am

I've always thought that Ravenclaw was more interesting, particularly its Founder. And I am clever, witty and love learning so thats why!
Ravenclaw = Wisdom... Integrity... Unity...
Luna Lovegood - The all time best Ravenclaw ;)
"Death is but the next great adventure..." - Albus Dumbledore

Joe Cousland
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Jenna Flitworthy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:53 pm

When I was little I always wanted to be in Gryffindor because it it portrayed as being the "good house". Now, I've grown up a bit and I much prefer Ravenclaw because we apparently tend to think things out. On a slightly more superficial side, it has also been suggested that we are prettier too - Rowena herself was supposed to be beautiful and this is apparently a trait that has been passed on to her house. (However, this source was a bit dubious, as J.K herself didn't really say anything of the sort, I think). I didn't really want to be in Gryffindor, because in the books they never SHUT UP! I do like peace and quiet to read a book. Up in Ravenclaw Tower, we also have nicer views of the school grounds (but that doesn't really matter too much,) and the décor is much more elegant. I am ambitious but I don't try absolutely everything to get what I want, I do stop eventually, so I'm not really a Slytherin. I don't think I'm much of a Hufflepuff, I can be VERY sarcastic and tactless at times. And don't they say that there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity?
Jenna Flitworthy
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Leanna Lovegood » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:49 pm

I'm not sure. I just answered the questions honestly and I never really thought of myself as a Gryffindor. I always liked Ravenclaw, being the house of wisdom and wit. Plus Gryffindor is way overrated. And like everyone says, the more I thought about it, the more I thought Gryffindors were cliche and the qualities of Ravenclaw much better suited me. Plus Luna's in our house! :) Oh yeah, and Ravenclaw always wins the Quidditch Cup and the House Cup (because we're smart of course!) in HOL. And Gryffindors are a always a little bit reckless. I'm very methodical and I like to think things out...so there you go. I love being an Eagle. :)
Leanna Lovegood
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby Licarline Aida Clyne » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:27 pm

hmmm, I'm myself don't know why I ended up here. Okay maybe I'm kinda smart (but not the best, of course!) and also love to read books. But it seems like Belphegor always stands in my way, for I am a lazy girl :P I also never look someone for their intelligence, but I indeed dislike those people who lack of intelligence and never want to try!
However, I do like to be an Eagle. Ravenclaws always known for their wisdom and wit :D and not to mention the lovely Luna is also from Ravenclaw~
D.N. Angel © Yukiru Sugisaki
If you have great luck that can't compared with other people what's you gonna do?
-Lica-
Licarline Aida Clyne
My MC is a... Red Cap

Postby Auroa Hales » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:01 am

wE all, well most of us finds being gryffindor such a lame house. Too overlated. Us ravenclaws are just awsome. Cant even explain it. We are fun and different. The ones that makes a difference. Man we rule
* Lime Green* Loving color*~RAVENCLAW IS LIKE NO OTHER~*
Auroa Hales
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Dean Fuaddy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:59 am

first, the main color of Ravenclaw is blue. and LOVE blue!! :D

second, i know ravenclaw is place for geniuses, and i LOVE to be surrounded by brainy people ^_^

third, i can't explain why i want to be a lion, badger, or even snake.

fourth, i knew ravenclaw has made a tons of brilliant students, so i will try hardly to be one of them!!!

fifth, err.... okay, there's no reason again i have to write .__.
Signature and avatar made by Secret Santa

Dean Fuaddy|Second Year|RQT|Little Monster!
Dean Fuaddy
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Ernest Slughorn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:25 am

...I actually asked the Sorting Hat to be in Slytherin during the quiz so I'm not sure what went wrong. Seriously.

But, anyway, I like you eagles and I do feel like I fit in here.
Signature by me. :)
Ernest's Character Balancing Traits
Ernest Slughorn | er870 | Ravenclaw | Alte | Book Club | PPC
Ernest Slughorn
My MC is a... Streeler

Location: Lost. As in, my soul may not be occupying my conscious body. It's in a curious sort of Purgatory.

Postby Scarlet Irisa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:55 am

Oh what a positive post Ernest, so glad you are happy to be here :)
Scarlet:
Scarlet Irisa

Postby Ernest Slughorn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:43 am

I thought it was funny because I asked for Slytherin. Don't you normally get what you ask for?
Ernest Slughorn
My MC is a... Streeler

Location: Lost. As in, my soul may not be occupying my conscious body. It's in a curious sort of Purgatory.

Postby Scarlet Irisa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:44 am

Not with that sort of attitude mister. Computer's like please and thank yous.
Scarlet:
Scarlet Irisa

Postby Ernest Slughorn » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:48 am

It was a multiple choice test! I clicked the Slytherin button! My results gave me Ravenclaw!
Ernest Slughorn
My MC is a... Streeler

Postby Hayley Harrison » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:37 am

see, when it came to getting sorted, i wanted to be honest, so i was. But ever since i was little, reading the books for the first time (i was 7 when they came out, i got them for christmas from my aunt), I wanted to be in Ravenclaw, because that was the house that valued intelligence as much as I do. While Gryffindor values bravery, the huffies loyalty and friendship, and slyths cunning, i always felt intelligence and logic are the most valuable, which came out in my sorting.
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."
Hayley Harrison

Postby Ernest Slughorn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:47 am

What led me not to ask for Ravenclaw was that it valued sheer wisdom. I didn't find that fair, as not everyone can be smart. So I thought that loyalty and value in family was what should be important (Slytherin.) But quite obviously, my regard for rules, intelligence, and respect for others with a high processing level has led me to be an eagle. I enjoy our prefects, professors, and the friends I've made. I'm glad that the Sorting Hat knew where I truly belonged, even when I didn't. :)
Ernest Slughorn
My MC is a... Streeler

PreviousNext

Return to Below the Branches