Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Re: Greetings to other houses :)

Postby Prof. Polaris Black » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:33 am

Nope - you're right on time!!!
Hungry?
*offers :muffin: muffins*
In memory of Polaris Black
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Polaris Black
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Fumei Shirokuro » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:21 pm

oew always <333 I have some cookies if you want <3
Fumei Shirokuro
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Hope Stark » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Just saying hello to my wonderful eagle friends!
~Hope Stark ~ 1st Year Slytherin ~ SQT Member~
Hope Stark
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:27 am

*tackles Hope* You made it! Yay! So good to see you. :)
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.” -Voltaire
Shiloh Adlar
My MC is a... Hag

Postby Kaiwa Alexandra » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:34 am

Hello Hope! Nice to see you here! I heard you're a wonderful quidditch player :D
Image Verified Fangirl
Kaiwa Alexandra
My MC is a... Unicorn

Postby Hope Stark » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:10 am

Kaiwa Alexandra wrote:Hello Hope! Nice to see you here! I heard you're a wonderful quidditch player :D

I don't know about "wonderful" but I like to play! :D

*pounces Shiloh!* Hi!
~Hope Stark ~ 1st Year Slytherin ~ SQT Member~
Hope Stark
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Everleigh Tait » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:39 am

Ahhh...
I think I'm in the right place, actually ignore that. I know I'm in the right place, or do I actually? Universal theory suggests that we don't know anything for sure, and Quantum physics says that time and age doesn't exisit. So to my parents, no, you are not older than me.

Okay, on with the greetings. Hello, my name is Everleigh Tait. I'm currently a 1st year Gryffindor. However in another universe(that is, if we are going with the multiple universe theory), I'm the Doctor. And technically I am also a 2nd, 3rd, etc, year Gryffindor. Uhh, I do not have any nicknames as of the current moment, though probability suggests I will get one sooner or later due to the fact that my first name is 9 letters long, and 3 syllables. And it is much to long, but many nicknames that one would tend to associate with Everleigh are not to my liking. So no calling me Leigh.

As one can probably already guess I'm into hard sciences. Which means I discount almost all of pyscology.

I am fairly nice, except when I am not, which I presume would be normal, exceot for the fact that there is an inbetween nice and not nice, I call it not caring. I try to not care, but I'm about as reliable as time, which we all now know is not at all reliable. Suprisingly enough I write poetry, si-fi, and fantasy. Emphisis on poetry and fantasy. I can not sit through Eargon, nor can I sit though any of Cordelia Funk's books. I can sit though hours of Buffy and Doctor Who. So I gather I must be a decent person.

As you can tell humour and philosophy are things I do not tend to participate in, and I enjoy being literal. I think some point down the not so short road of my life(that is if we are talking in context of the universe), I traded in my humour for cinicality, snark, and sarcasm. I have the horrid tendancy to curse, but since I can't curse on here, nor can I use the other curses that I use, on here. I guess I will resign to not cursing, though I think I could get really creative with the Korean and Chinese, sadly enough I think there are some who understand one or the other.

Also the effectiveness of the cursing would then be lost. So alas, no cursing.

Well I ought to be going. But before that, could one explain the whole conundrum of the 'ought'/'got' situation. Ought is got, but with out the 'g' sound. Yet it is longer, it also confounds me as to why.

-Everleigh Tait
Everleigh Tait
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Leonie Hauri » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi, Everleigh! I'm going to have to think of some good nickname to call you...Eve? Ever? Veelee?

I also like to write fantasy, and some poetry, though intend to write philosophy-ish stuff, so you probably wouldn't like it. I love science, but one of my favorite branches is psychology, which you don't like. And I never curse, which you do. So all in all, I'm not sure you would like me very much.

Except I do like the way you think, if that sounds weird. Or stalker-ish. Or a little creepy. And honestly, where I'm from, no one says ought. We all say should instead.
The Eagles are coming!
Leonie Hauri
My MC is a... Erumpent

Postby Ariella McManus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:06 am

Hi Everleigh!

You're the Doctor?! Well I am gobsmacked because I swore that "I" was the Doctor. I guess we can both be, since we're talking alternate universes and everything :D But the bow tie and fez is mine :cool: Anyway, I'm Ariella (Ari for short); a 5th year prefect here in Ravenclaw. Nice to meet a fellow Whovian.
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Ariella McManus
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Arlynn Cassidy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi.
I am Arlynn Cassidy; at present a first year Hufflepuff.
I love animals, mostly canines. I love to read, Tamora Pierce and Brian Jacques are my two all time favorite authors. Of course I love Harry Potter too. I think it would be awesome to take up either kick boxing or fencing.
I am visually impaired. Saying that, I would also like to point out that I have done archery before. Although I'm not that great at it I had a lot of fun.
Arlynn Cassidy
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Flora Burke » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:46 am

Hi Arlynn and welcome to the Roost!

I'm a dog lover myself. My pooch had the most incredible Christmas because many of my presents were actually meant for him. He had a blast with his new chew toy and will probably grow a little chubby from all the treats. I'll just have to take him for plenty of walks once the weather improves.

While I've not read Brian Jacques, I love Tamora Pierce's books as well. I recently finished The Emperor Mage and am waiting for a copy of The Realms of the Gods to become available at the library.

Anyway, feel free to drop in often! We're a friendly lot at the Roost and have many games and discussion threads for you to enjoy. :)
Flora Burke
My MC is a... Demiguise

Postby Darcey Goode » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:41 am

Ooh, more Tamora Pierce fans. I've read all her series except the Beka Cooper ones. I was actually recommended them by a (Ravenclaw) friend on here a LONG time ago. I think my favourites are the Trickster's Choice/Trickster's Queen duology, although I also have a soft spot for The Immortals.

Hi all, I'm Darcey - 6th Year Slytherin. I found myself over here for From World to World, but you guys seem friendly. :-)
Darcey Goode
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Leonie Hauri » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:26 am

I love Tamora Pierce! I read one of her books when I was ten or so (maybe eleven?) and still love her books.

Hello Darcey and Arlynn!

Arlynn, fencing sounds cool mainly because it is similar to swordfighting, which is one of the elements in fantasy books that I wish I could master. Arlynn, I have done archery once and I failed at it and I can't imagine how it would work being visually impaired... For me, probably double failing.

Darcey, I have seen you around HOL... By the way, From World to World is a super-amazing activity run by super-amazing people that you should definitely stick around for :D .

My favorite team name so far is Three Snakes and a Bird. (Or was it Two Snakes and a Bird?)
The Eagles are coming!
Leonie Hauri
My MC is a... Erumpent

Postby Arlynn Cassidy » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:40 am

I can't believe how many like Tamora Pierce! Everyone I've talked to before hadn't even heard of her.
Siobhan, my puppy wasn't happy with me because I gave her a Christmas eve bath. I was expecting her to hate it cause she's a chuahua and she has that little dog sindrum. But she just curled up and snored in my lap.
I'm actually rereading the series now. I'm actually finishing Squire in the Protector of the Small Quartet. My favorite series though would be the Immortals.
Darcy, Bekka Cooper is great though I have to warn you I cried when I read the last book. I can't wait for From World to World, it will be my first group activity. To be honest I came because of my class, Hol 101.
Leonie, I actually started archery as an after school activity for the local Blind school in High school. Then when I went to college I saw it was an elective so I had to take it. I only wish I could have seen the other students faces. According to my guide it was priceless especially since the teacher just went with it. I could hit the big mat target but I couldn't hardly hit the paper target we were aiming for. I only hit it once and it was an inch or so off center. Too bad it was during a practice shot and didn't count for points.
Arlynn Cassidy
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Niniel Sanders » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:17 pm

Tamora Pierce is absolutely the best!

I have read several of her books more than once. Especially the Lioness books and the Trickster ones. Though Kel is also very high on my list and I read those three times. But they came out when I had already read the Lioness books till they were almost completely worn out.
I now work in a bookshop, and I see to it that we always have them on the shelves and that I recommend them to all girls where they say something sounding like fantasy or just 'not the typical romance/school/teachers/parents/siblings stuff' Then I pull down Tamora Pierce for them.
I've had several return to get the rest later: I am creating my own clan here :P
Niniel Sanders
My MC is a... Manticore

PreviousNext

Return to Below the Branches