Greetings to other houses :)

Information desk and visitor's lounge

Moderators: Kendra Givens, Hannah R Thomas, Mod Squad

Re: Greetings to other houses :)

Postby Darcey Goode » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:10 pm

I wonder if there's any sort of link between people being fans of Harry Potter and fans of Tamora Pierce. There do seem to be several of us here. *ponders*
Darcey Goode
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Siobhan Burke » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:23 am

I think it's because both are about a hero that goes through challenges and phases before coming into her (or his, in Harry's case) own. It's the Hero of a Thousand faces thing. Scarlet teaches a class on it and from what I learned there, I would say Harry, Daine and Alanna all qualify.
Siobhan Burke
My MC is a... Demiguise

Postby Kim Alting » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Although I am lurking in The Roost often, I never posted in this thread :shock:

I think most of you know me, but I will tell a little bit more about myself.
My name is Kim, second year Gryffindor Prefect from the Netherlands. I am currently in my 5th year (out of 6) at University, studying Pharmacy. That also is the reason why I love Potions and Herbology so much. Oh and books! I loooove books.

See ya!
Kim Alting
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Hannah R Thomas » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:47 am

Kim Alting wrote:Although I am lurking in The Roost often, I never posted in this thread :shock:

I think most of you know me, but I will tell a little bit more about myself.
My name is Kim, second year Gryffindor Prefect from the Netherlands. I am currently in my 5th year (out of 6) at University, studying Pharmacy. That also is the reason why I love Potions and Herbology so much. Oh and books! I loooove books.

See ya!

Kim, welcome! :)
If you're a huge book reader, try Richelle Mead's books. She is one of my favorite authors who focuses on researching folklore and turning them into YA books. Her books include: "Vampire Academy", it's spin-off "Bloodlines", Dark Swan series, her first standalone novel: Soundless, and her new triology: The Glittering Court (this is more history and fantasy than mythology). If you're into YA, I also recommend Rick Riordan who makes really good mythological books, such as Greek, Romans, Egyptian, and Norse.
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus
Hannah R Thomas
My MC is a... Pogrebin

Postby Aidan Baker » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:41 am

A quick hello to my fellow Ravenclaws, HOL101 participants and everyone else who finds themselves visiting from the other cool houses within HOL.

I'm Aidan and i'm a first year Ravenclaw who loves reading, writing, travel, watching movies and just chilling out with my mates. I'm taking HOL101, Animagus 101, Wandmaking, confronting your boggart and W.O.M.B.A.T as an introduction to the magical world. I'm muggleborn, but super stoked to be here!
Aidan Baker
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Gail Allen » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:14 am

Hello Ravenclaws and all visitors here at the Roost.
In HOL 101 we are doing a bit of a 'tour de chambre' - that's an event that usually happens in dorms, where the idea is to visit everyone's rooms in a short amount of time - and now we have reached Ravenclaw - my house dormatory. But being a first year, many of you may well not know me so well yet. I hope you will by the end of the year. I at least am looking very much forward to getting to know everyone.

I also hope I keep finding as many amazing things around HOL as I have so far. The latest thing I have found that I really enjoy is the trivia bot that is used for quidditch practice. If there's anyone that hasn't tried that yet, I can highly recommend it! It is fun and challenging, but not too hard.
Thank you Cassie for the signature!
Gail Allen
My MC is a... Abraxan

Postby Oliver Strike » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:54 pm

I'm Oliver Strike, I'm a first year Hufflepuff and a lover of knowledge and books so I could fit in either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. I also love chocolate and spicy foods. You can PM me weither it's to talk about books or just to say hello.
Oliver Strike
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Rowan Wildsmith » Fri May 12, 2017 2:39 am

Hello everyone! I'm fairly new here, but I wanted to introduce myself. I am a Gryffindor, so I suppose I've got to thank you for opening your common room to us! Despite being sorted into Gryffindor I know that I could definitely have been happy in Ravenclaw too. I'm not always the best student, but I love learning new things and I really enjoy making and crafting, something that I think isn't often associated with Ravenclaws. That being said I'm very excited to be a part of HOL, even though I've joined so long after it began. I'm also a Marvel fangirl and just finished reading the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series: It was excellent!

Rowan Wildsmith
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Polaris Black » Sun May 14, 2017 6:51 pm

A belated but very warm welcome to Aidan, Gail, Oliver, and Rowan!
Have some muffins - I baked them myself! :muffin: :muffin: :muffin: :muffin:
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Polaris Black
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Previous

Return to Below the Branches