DEMETRI EVANS
RAVENCLAW SECOND YEAR
Member of HOL TOLKIEN HARRY POTTER N TWILIGHT LOVER
Member of HOL BOOK CLUB Member of FFP
Demetri Evans
My MC is a... Augurey

Re: Greetings to other houses :)

Postby Blanca Solchoice » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:28 am

(I'm just going to redo this post, because my other 'hi!' post sucked!)

I'm there, everyone, I'm Blanca Solchoice (currently) ickle Firstie, but I'll slowly climb the ranks! :) I love science, books, reading, writing, photography, Tumblr, and many other really randomly addicting stuff. And people, I love them too, but in a very uncreepy way. :lol: ..what to say... OH YAH I brought chocolate chip brownie muffins decorated with blue icing C: Maybe it's best to just look at them, because I'm sort of a bad baker, much as I love it. But the deco is pretty.

Anyways, ramblings aside, I've been here for a while, but am always amazed at its awesomeness :) I love all you eagles! (and slytherins... *cough, cough* I LOVE EVERYONE).

~blanca :)
~blanca solchoice
Blanca Solchoice
My MC is a... Boarhound

Location: flower-arranging at the Snuggly Duckling- thnx D! :)

Postby Prof. Opal Curare » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:24 am

Hello Eagles! Just dropping by to say a quick "HI!" on my way to the Quidditch pitch!

p.s. the Dungeons are super shiny. I even picked up my room *whistles* you should come drop by sometime!

Cheers!
Prof. Opal Curare
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Kelly Rizzoli » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:15 am

Hey, I'm hoping this is the right place to post for the HOL 101 assignment :)

I'm a Ravenclaw first year, and I'm finally starting to feel like I know what's going on at HOL! It's getting easier to find my way around, but I'm still working on making friends. And I'd like to give Quidditch a try. I'm just not sure how the bot thing works.
Kelly Rizzoli

Postby Brighid Katz » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi Everyone!

I'm Brighid Katz, a first year Hufflepuff. I kind of spend most of my time lurking in the forums at the moment and trying to catch up on all my HOL assignments, hopefully this frantic busy-badger pace I have had for the past 2 months will cool down when the season of crazy (aka November + winter holidays) ends and I will be around more often, or at least I hope I will.

I like animals, reading and learning and I'm hoping to make some new friends in other houses, so figured I would drop by and say hello to everyone. :)
Member of: HOL PPC, HOLTS
Wand: 11.00" Willow, Unicorn Tail Hair|Personal Motto: Ex amicitia familia = From Friendship Family
Brighid Katz

Postby Chadwick Cadet » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Hey everyone! My name is Chadwick Cadet and I'm a first year Gryffindor student! I'm pretty active inside the lion walls, but I haven't really ventured out of there much yet haha, so it's a good thing I have HOL 101 to force me to do it (even if I am a bit late, heh). I'm pretty active in the Spice Squad as well as GQT and hopefully I can get more involved with things as time goes on!

A little secret (or not so secret maybe) fact about myself is that I'm actually a girl. When I signed up for HOL 2 years ago I was all about roleplaying, and honestly thought that's what every HP site was all about, so now I have a guy's name on here hahah. I've started go by Chadette (Chadwick + Cadet = Chadette :p) on the IRC though so hopefully that helps with confusion some! And heck, hopefully soon I'll get the chance to actually roleplay around here so that it makes sense why I have this name! Also, I'm a 4th year Computer Science major at Penn State so that's what I tend to spend most of my time doing when I'm not botting. ^^

Can't wait to nom on these snacks and raid your forumssss. ;)

PS - I'm also seriously trying to jump up to flobberworm status on here hahah
Chadwick Cadet

Postby Aurelia West » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:50 am

Hello all eagles!

I'm Aurelia West. And I don't really know what I'm doing (ever) so please bear with me... I'm way more active in Slytherin as Chadwick is in Gryffindor so I'm sorry if I come off as ridiculously shy. I mean I guess I am shy...at first. Unlike Chadwick however, I am not cool enough to have a bunch to write about myself and that makes me sad :'(

Anyways Hi all!
Aurelia West

Postby Gertrudis Leheureux » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Chadwick Cadet wrote:Hey everyone! My name is Chadwick Cadet and I'm a first year Gryffindor student! .... hopefully I can get more involved with things as time goes on! ....hopefully soon I'll get the chance to actually roleplay around here so that ... 4th year Computer Science major at Penn State so that's what I tend to spend most of my time doing when I'm not botting.

Chad, hey! Penn State Universithy, State College, Pennsylvania has a real live Quidditch team that came to the International Quidditch Association, 5th World Cup on Randall's Island, NYC, 12-13 november 2011.

Why restrict yourself to just roleplay when you can play a real role in running around on a real Quidditch pitch. I flew all the way from Valencia, Spain, to attend as a spectator the 5th World Cup. I don't think I've ever had a better time doing anything! It was like goingto a ComicCom or a StarTrek Convention but instead of just dressing up and making believe, the Quidditch was really, really real right down to the Butterbeer.

At Penn State the name of the team is The Penn State Three Broomsticks. Mary Beth Henry is the captain, co-captains are Michael Parada and Kelly Gambocurta. All teams count 7 players (and a boatload of substitutes) but must have 3 or 4 boys and 3 or 4 girls at all times on the field. The game is wild and rough and tumble and so much fun both to play and to watch

I hope you give it a try or at least go out and say hi to the team and watch a few practices.

All the best
Gert L'heureux
Ravenclaw, 5th year
Last edited by Gertrudis Leheureux on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
...or cranky wizards. J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Fellowship of the Ring"
Thanks to the incomparable Efie of Sparkly Butterfiles, Sparkleissa Ink, for the gorgeous signature
Gertrudis Leheureux
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Chadwick Cadet » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Aurelia West wrote:Unlike Chadwick however, I am not cool enough to have a bunch to write about myself and that makes me sad :'(

hahaha, no don't be sad! The trick is that I really just don't shut up. ;)

And Gertrudis, I have heard about the Three Broomsticks before! I've checked them out randomly throughout the years but I haven't really been active. They did have a TriWizard tournament last year though that looked really fun! I'll have to look into them more! And the World Cup also looks aaawesome to go to as well!

PS - got a flobberworm here! xD
Chadwick Cadet

Postby Gertrudis Leheureux » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 am

For all you Gryffindors that are in HOL 101 and for everyone who is interested in the International Quidditch Association, I met several students of HOL at the 5th World Cup. Chelsea from University of Massachusetts showed up to the games with her baby dragon on her shoulder. Wired animatronics, it looked alive, it was the cutest thing ever... She had also bought some Fair Trade Chocolate Frogs from the Harry Potter Alliance that dedicates itself to finding and destroying Horcuxes.

I saw Chad's Penn State team play. Others of you who are in university should go check out your Quidditch teams. There are over 300 around the world. Route them on or even think about joining up.

Here's another curiosity for fun. If you turn your telephone upside down at 7:04, it spells HOL!

Flying high on the spirit of HOL
Gert
...or cranky wizards. J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Fellowship of the Ring"
Thanks to the incomparable Efie of Sparkly Butterfiles, Sparkleissa Ink, for the gorgeous signature
Gertrudis Leheureux
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Enid Labs » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:47 am

Hello!!! It's me again taking a look at your forum Eagles!!! *shows a basket on her arm* would you like some candy from the badger kitchens? :)
Hiding from the Law with Bellatrix Lestrange!
Enid Labs

Postby Lisette Westerveldt » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:54 am

Hi. And welcome back to the roost :)
Lisette Westerveldt | Ravenclaw | Reserve Prefect | RQT
-----
Lisette Westerveldt
My MC is a... Lethifold

Postby Ariella McManus » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi everyone, welcome to the Roost!
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Ariella McManus
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Enid Labs » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 am

Thank you so much <3
Hiding from the Law with Bellatrix Lestrange!
Enid Labs

Postby Ivelisse Ada » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Hello, Eagles!

I think I popped into the Roost in my first year, but I really only said hello. Lately I've been doing my best to jump in to all the other common rooms (something I've been meaning to do since the beginning but never did >.>), so hopefully you can expect to see me around a lot more :).

For those of you that don't know me, I'll shoot off a quick "about me" speech:
I'm Ivelisse Ada (pronounced E-vuh-lease Aah-duh), a second year Hufflepuff here at HOL. I student teach 3 classes, I'm active within my own house, I'm a P.P.C. dollmaker, and I'm also a First Friend Adopter as well as a Badger Buddy...(what can I say? I like meeting new people :D) I have a wide variety of interests, from anthropology and architecture to video games and anime. I'm also very friendly, so overall I'd say I'm easy to get along with.

*brings the Eagles some tasty pumpkin juice*

Hope you're all doing well!
Ivelisse Ada
My MC is a... Flobberworm

PreviousNext

Return to Below the Branches