What would you bring...?

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Re: What would you bring...?

Postby Lavinia Rookwood » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:16 pm

I would bring a book on smoke signals so we can get off sooner! I don't want to be on an island surviving a week by myself.

That or Daryl Dixon....Actually let's change my answer to Daryl Dixon. His crossbow would be handy and I would have something nice to look at.

Lavinia Rookwood
My MC is a... Bicorn

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:17 am

If I had to go to a deserted island for a week I would bring my husband because he is a real mountain man :)

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas!
Vanessa Tilley
My MC is a... Fire Crab

Postby Mia Fountain » Tue May 04, 2021 12:33 am

If I had to be on a deserted island for a week I would bring a desalinating water bottle. We need to keep hydrated especially in this heat. The desalinating filter should filter out the salt from the water so that is is drinkable.

I would bring my phone but the battery would die, and I likely wouldn't get a signal (unless it was a satellite phone which it isn't).
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Postby Maxim Trevelyan » Sat May 08, 2021 7:03 pm

I think my answer depends on whether you mean practical or sentimental. For practical sake, I would bring a survival guide of some sorts. How to make shelter, find food, make weapons and other gadgets, how to use your surroundings to ask for help, and so on. Someone might already bring one, but I will just have to be careful not to bring the same book. ;)

Sentimental, perhaps my needlepoint box. Since it is just one week, I would be quite happy to use the time to finish some of the patterns. It seems that I keep starting beautiful patterns, but never manage to finish them.
Maxim Trevelyan
My MC is a... Mackled Malaclaw

Postby Harry Walles » Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:10 pm

I would want to bring plenty of things with me because that's who I am. Louis always laughs at me whenever we go abroad for a week. I always pack a huge bag, full of clothes that I know that I probably will not wear but who knows what may come in handy? If it would suddenly, for some magical reason, start snowing in mid-summer? You never know!! Therefore, I am under a lot of pressure here! Hm...Maybe I would take my book? Or two? I do not know how long we will be on the island and I need to occupy my mind with something!
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Lex Green » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:21 pm

I'd bring a deck of cards, with the idea that there's enough different games to play or activities to do with them, it would probably stop us getting bored a lot longer!
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Postby Louis Walles » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:24 am

If I were to take just one thing, I doubt that I would want to go in the first place. I cannot stay somewhere for a week with just one of my personal belongings. I cannot hunt and I am allergic to most of the fruits and so I would be not so great at a survival quest. I think the most sensible thing would be to bring a knife as I could use it for most things, such as making a bed. On the other hand, it may be a bit cheeky to bring a first aid kit. Simply because inside of the said kit there are multiple things, including medicine and, most importantly, scissors. And with enough talent, or maybe energy and patience, one can use scissors in the same way as a pocket knife. I think this might be considered as cheating but you have to admit - a smart cheating.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Previous

Return to Below the Branches