Create your Own Wizarding Card

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Create your Own Wizarding Card

Postby Mia Fountain » Tue May 04, 2021 1:18 am

Create or describe your own wizarding card. What does the card's blurb say about you?

This card should tell us a bit about you, here are some questions to get you started:
- What you are famous for (or want to become famous for)? Have you wrote several bestsellers? Have you made significant advancements in your field?
- What notable achievements have you made (or hope to make)? Did you win an Order of Merlin?
- What quirks and/or hobbies do you have?
- What are you doing in your picture? Reading? Studying a magical creature? Petting a cat?
- What is the background of your picture? A quidditch field? The Headmasters office? St. Mungos?
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Re: Create your Own Wizarding Card

Postby Raven Luna » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:07 pm

I LOVE this topic because it reminds me of a past assignment WAY back in 2010. So I'd like to share my card - but I'd also like to help others make theirs.

Back then, the entire school was asked to make a personal trading card. To make the process easier, we were supplied a template (house appropriate) and went to Yahoo to use its wonderful "create an avatar" feature. My 2010 card looked like this:

Because I keep EVERYTHING and have been away from HOL for far too long, I wanted to re-create my personal wizarding card. I rummaged through my old school stuff for the template - and found it! With my rudimentary Photoshop skills, I made a back-of-card template too - and would like to give both to our present-day House so our Eagles can make their own cards. (I'm sorry that I didn't collect the other House's card templates.)

Front: Image
Back: Image

Since Yahoo discontinued its "create an avatar" site ( :sad: ), I created my profile at Wizarding World. If you have an account there, you can use the Portrait Maker (https://www.wizardingworld.com/portrait-maker. In addition to Wizarding World, there are many free avatar creation sites, but WW is my favorite.

So - finally - my card. It reads "Raven Luna is a current student at Hogwarts, residing in Ravenclaw House. Dedicated to books and learning, she is known for her study and fondness of dragons and cats. At a young age, she accidentally transfigured into a cat and now carries registration number 9655 as an animagus. In her spare time, she can be found with her family raising mandrakes on their small rural farm."

I hope you all have as much fun creating your own Wizarding Card as i did. Thanks, Mia for reviving this project.
If you see me in the halls, just say HI
Raven Luna
My MC is a... Horklump

Return to Below the Branches