Designing at Hogwarts

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Designing at Hogwarts

Postby Mia Fountain » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:06 am

If you were able to design a room, wing of the castle, or an area on the grounds of Hogwarts. What would you design and why?

I would design a hidden room near the Ravenclaw Common Room. My room would have a window, with a bench seat in front of it, for reading by or just enjoying the scenery. There would also be a bookcase, and a desk and chair for working on assignments or researching. And a soft fluffy carpet, that is soft enough to lie down on, if I want to. I would design this room so I could be alone to study and I would be near enough to the Common Room, that I wouldn't have to worry about having a long way to go, if I get caught up in whatever I am reading and forget about curfew.

Also, feel free to discuss the potential pros and cons of the new areas.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Re: Designing at Hogwarts

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:13 pm

If I was to design a room at Hogwarts, it would be a meditative space that was entirely minimalistic as well as blocked out light and sound. Essentially, the only props available would be things like comfy (yet firm) round pillows to sit on, mats for lying down, eye pillows, and a variety of aromatherapy options.

My preference would be to place this room somewhere toward the top of the Astronomy Tower, being the tallest within the castle.

Silence would be the norm here, but people could come and go as they please and stay as long as they like. That being said, once every month a workshop would be held by a rotating number of hosts to lead topics such as World Religions, Yoga, Philosophy, Dream Analysis, Holistic Wellness, Astral Projection, Stretching, and Utilizing Crystals, etc.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Postby Hannah Lovegood » Mon May 03, 2021 5:46 pm

I would design a big room for all the houses to mingle together. There would be different seats and pillows and blankets for each of the houses. They could have different competitions in the room.

I also would design a bike path all the way around Hogwarts and have a trampoline outside Hogwarts. I'd also design a bike shed where people could get bikes. Everybody is allowed to use the bike path. There would even be an electric bike for Basil to use that he could curl around the seat and bite onto the handlebars.
Hannah Lovegood
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Mon May 03, 2021 9:04 pm

I would design a mini museum to keep students' art they created in Art Class. The room also can be used to do exhibitions at a certain time, we can invite people to come to the exhibition, maybe they would be interested to buy student's art. As Hogwarts has its art class for extracurricular, I think we should do something about the art itself and encourage many students who love art to keep doing art not only for class.
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Postby Adeline Morior » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:25 pm

A big art studio with loads of canvases, printing tables, a lot like the warehouse setting you would get at an art academy. Just more stylish and cozy. Loads of light and big windows. You can do all things creative in this big room filled with all you need, from fashion design to screen printing, knitting, painting. You name it.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Hiya Debnath » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:40 am

I would design a room for playing trivia quizzes and board games, gobstones, or wizard's chess. It would have curtains on windows to adjust the amount of sunlight coming into the room, and include cushions arranged all around in a circular fashion, for spectators to sit and watch the game. In the center of the room, I would place a few four-legged stools and a few mats with cushions and round tables, low but of comfortable height, at which the players could sit and play while the others watched. At one end of the room, I would fix a wardrobe, where players could store the gobstones, and keep their wizard's chess set for shared use by the whole Hogwarts community and play whenever desired. I would include a few Muggle indoor card games and board games in the wardrobe, complete with a rules-board beside the wardrobe, which shows exactly what the game is, how to play, and what the game-rules are, especially explaining in detail for non-Muggle-born witches and wizards. I would preferably also install a blackboard for the magical games, with the game-rules written on it neatly for beginners at the game to understand, and especially for Muggle-borns, the basic set-up of the game would be explained, besides the rules. I would also install a snack-corner at one corner of the room where people could store snacks like Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, or chocolate frogs, and perhaps Honeydukes candies, etc., for everyone to enjoy while they watch or play games. I would also preferably install a board where people could see the scores updated as the games are being played. Trivia competitions could also be held in the room.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Return to Below the Branches