The Big Reveal

Moderators: Prof. Arielle Lemoyne, Prof. Polaris Black

The Big Reveal

Postby Prof. Polaris Black » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:57 pm

To Amy, Arielle, Astrid, Katya, Kendra, Kezia, Kim, Lucy, and Polaris:
Please post below and tell us which of your statements are true and which statement is the lie.
In memory of Polaris Black
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Polaris Black
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Re: The Big Reveal

Postby Prof. Polaris Black » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:59 pm

• FALSE I trained for 3 weeks before climbing the Great Wall.
    I did climb the Great Wall but regrettably never trained and just barely made it back in time to catch the bus back to the hotel.
  • TRUE I don't have my driver's license.
    I did have my driver’s license but regrettably let it expire - just don’t let it happen!
  • TRUE One of my cousins is a reality series star.
    Nobody finds this harder to believe than me but my cousin was one of the stars in the short lived American TV reality series "Newport Harbor: The Real OC".
Prof. Polaris Black

Postby Katya Snow » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:12 pm

True I Had a Pet Cow, her Name was Five: i lived on a dairy farm and i raised Five, named after the number on her tags, was a calf that i bottle fed and hand reared. granted all dairy calves are bottle fed, but Five was a calf that i was personally given responsibility over. she was so tame you could dress her in costumes, ride on her back, and even braid her tail.

True I make my own candy like Caramels, Crystallized oranges and chocolates. i also make my own nougat and coconut macaroons. tootsie rolls, mints, doughnuts, cakes, cookies and even made a three day Tiramisu making my own Marscapone. i'm working on making my own cream puffs but i haven't figured out Pâte à choux yet.

False I had a pet fox. her name was Suzi i did have a stuffed fox.... a few dozen, okay a couple hundred stuffed foxes and one of them is named suzie but i have never had a real fox but oh man would i love to have one!
Katya Snow
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Prof. Arielle Lemoyne » Mon May 01, 2017 12:36 am

-I was always involved with student government but the only time I actually was elected to something was when I was class secretary in 9th grade.
[1 vote]

FALSE - I was super involved in middle and high school, but the one thing I was never involved in was student government. Now that I think about it, I may have been dragged to a meeting or two, but never enough to put it on my resume, consider myself a part of it, or run for any position.

-Math was my best subject growing up, as well as my favorite. I was even in the math club in middle school.
[3 votes]

TRUE - Yup we had a math club. We met after school to solve math problems and then we went to a tournament at the end of the year. I always loved math because there was a right answer, unlike for example, writing, which was too subjective. And I won't brag about my math achievements, but it was my best subject XD

-I was in the talent show every year at my elementary school, reciting poetry, playing the violin or piano, and/or performing song and dance.
[5 votes[

TRUE - you guys don't think I'm talented?? haha jk. But yep, my elementary school had a huge (multi-day) talent show every year, and I usually participated in more than one act. I remember reciting a Shel Silverstein poem about counting flies in a jar, and then the "i cannot go to school today" one. I played the piano at least the first couple years, and then once I started learning violin in 3rd grade I switched to that. And my girl scout troop did 3 performances over the years: in first grade we sung and did hand motions to "Heal the world," in 3rd grade we did a skit about famous women in history, and in 5th grade we did a dance routine (choreographed by my mom >>) to a 50s medley. It was a great time haha.
Arielle Lemoyne | RQT Co-captain | Ravenclaw DHoH
Prof. Arielle Lemoyne

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Mon May 01, 2017 3:09 am

TRUE My post-secondary plans coming out of high school were to major in forensic science and become a geneticist in a crime lab.

I really wanted to catch criminals with fingerprints, hair, etc. Then I got switched to Biochemistry due to the chemical nature of DNA and was bored, bored, bored. Didn't see myself in a lab with microscopes forever, but I still find genetics fascinating!

FALSE I was an active member of Debate Team through both high school and college.

I am definitely not one to debate. I get very nervous speaking in front of crowds and generally shy away from presenting anything controversial to strangers in order to avoid saying something ill-received. I'd happily debate people I'm comfortable with.

TRUE I spent 3 weeks studying in Costa Rica during my senior year of college.

My college had a "May Term", similar to a "J Term" if any of you had that, where we had to choose a 3-week accelerated course. I was an applied philosophy major, and one of my professors hosted an "Ethics of Globalization" course studying the effects of ecotourism on the rainforest. Very, very unforgettable experience. Especially zip-lining through the rainforest.
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Postby Kim Alting » Mon May 01, 2017 7:25 am

I am almost finished with uni and got a job already to start with after that.
No votes
True, in 8 weeks I can call myself a Pharmacist and the 3rd of July, I start my job at the National Pharmacovigilance Centre.

I really like cooking and am a huge fan of Jamie Oliver, and I got to meet him last year.
4 votes
False, though I like baking, cooking not so much and no, I have never met Jamie ;)

In September-October I am flying to Florida for 3 weeks to visit Disney World and Universal Studios.
5 votes
True, soooo happy this is true and really happening. The flight will be long, but so worth it (I hope). I am really excited!
Kim Alting
My MC is a... Doxy

Postby Lucy Brooks » Mon May 01, 2017 6:57 pm

TrueI was in a commercial that aired on local tv. I did apply randamly from an ad and got called as an extra in an Abbott Similac tv commercial. Although being an extra means my face wasn't exactly shown

False I was part of an indie band for a few years. How I wish this was true! But sadly i have no friends interested in music and performing as I am. But it's a dream that I still haven't gave up completely.

True I spent a few hours with the mothers of famous celebrities. Japan famous celebrities Aiba Masaki(from idol group Arashi) and Koyama Keiichirou(from idol group NEWS) both have mothers that own a restaurant. I been to both while I was in Japan back in 2015. I managed to talk to the mothers and got to know them because while I was there there wasn't much customers yet.
Lucy Brooks
My MC is a... Abraxan

Postby Prof. Polaris Black » Fri May 05, 2017 4:20 pm

If you haven't already, please post in this thread and tell us which of your statements are true and which statement is the lie. Curious minds want to know! :lol:

Prof. Polaris Black

Return to 2 Truths 1 Lie