Week 2 - Llama, Llama, Duck - what?

Moderators: Prof. Kendra Givens, Gail Allen

Week 2 - Llama, Llama, Duck - what?

Postby Gail Allen » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:54 pm

Many people associate Peru with llamas, and rightfully so. Why, you ask? Llamas were an integral part of Inca culture as a source of food, wool, and transportation. Today, it is common for children to raise llamas of their own until they reach adulthood.

Here’s your next task: Imagine you’ve been turned into a llama for a week - how did it happen? What do you experience during that week? Do you try to get help to change yourself back into a human? How? You can write beyond these questions, we’re just giving you ideas!
Your story must be at least 150 words long.

Post your story below to get a piece of this week’s password for the Treasure Hunt, and, of course, earn yourself 10 beans (+5 beans if it is handed in before the 22nd of July). If you would rather not share your creation below, please send it to ravenclawevent @ gmail.com (no spaces) with the title "Week 2 - Llama, Llama, Duck - what?" and we will be sure to get you some beans!
Gail Allen
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Re: Week 2 - Llama, Llama, Duck - what?

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:29 am

“A llama!? He’s supposed to be dead!!” I couldn’t help myself, I love The Emperor’s New Groove!! First things first, I would not panic or blame people like Kuzco. My first instinct would be to figure out how to turn back into a human! While doing this, I’m definitely going to have some fun! I’ve always wanted to run on all fours, but of course my arms aren’t the same length as my legs so I’m definitely going to try it out now! That’s actually probably going to take me a whole day; getting used to being a llama. How they stand, how they walk, how they run, how they eat! What do they eat? Do I still like people food? I may try some people food to see if I still prefer that or grass/hay in my now llama form. Plus, I might get to freak out some unsuspecting humans. Once I get the hang of things, I’ll probably also do some tricks for the humans, especially the kids, because I know it would brighten their day! Who knows, maybe I’ll even be famous! That would be helpful because maybe I could figure out a way to communicate I’m actually a human and someone would be able to then change me back!

Password sent
Arianna Stonewater
My MC is a... Red Cap

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:01 pm

LlamaBoy and I were at the trailhead out by the ocean. We were sitting on the bench and just having a really good time! Suddenly I realized that my words were not sounding like they should sound. Then I realized that I felt sort of funny. Like really strange funny and oh look, I'm sitting on the bench and it's really awkward so I got up and stumbled and fell because my balance was all off.

It didn't help at all that LlamaBoy started laughing so hysterically that he was crying, tears pouring down his face.

He hooted and hollered and raised his arms in success, just like Rocky Balbao did at the top of the stairs. When he finally stopped prancing around, he wheezed his laughter to a stop and sat down on the bench again.

In the meantime, I'd somehow staggered to standing on four legs and found my balance. Since I'd already learned how to change into different animals (although, yes, I do have a favorite animal form), I was sort of used to adapting quickly to being animals. But, really, a llama? I knew I had a llama body because it was reflected in LlamaBoy's glasses.

Oh cool! This body knows stuff automatically! I found that out after I did the famous llama-spit at him. He just laughed more ... and then he explained.

He'd been working on a potion which helped witches to change their form to animal form. He wondered about how effective it was, and whether or not the person had to know about it for it to work. So, knowing that I was used to having an animal body, he figured that I'd not freak out too much if (when) my form changed shape. The thing with this potion, which is different from polyjuice potion, is that the trigger is the conversation that the witches are having. So, he added it to my breve ... and carefully guided the conversation.

I thought back and yes, we had been talking about ... llamas! And alpacas! And vicuñas. I was glad to be a llama, being as they are the largest of the three and more prone to defend themselves than the other two (who rely more on flight).

I hummed ... and grumbled. Pawing with my padded foot on the ground, I butted him and thought hard. "HOW LONG?!" Who knows, he might pick it up? Well, whether he picked it up or just was continuing to ramble on about his invention, he mentioned that, unless I could come up with something to change back, being as it wasn't a usual sort of metamorphmagi change, that it would last about two weeks.

I hummed some more and glared at him with my huge brown eyes squinting dangerous sparks. He finally stopped laughing and then said ... "See? I have it all prepared!" and he gestured to behind the bench. I'd not even noticed -- there were a backpack and a llama pack on the ground.

"We're going camping, right?" he chortled. I nodded. That had been our plan. "So, let's go camping!"

Password sent
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Snidget

Postby Silas Hipolito Crist » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:29 am

I turned my head down because of strange feeling that something is suddenly different. A lot different. I was so shocked when I looked down and saw llamas' legs. What? And after some seconds trying to guess what has just happened I figured out that these are mine legs. I have llama legs? From when? And why?
And I moved; first two legs went forward- these were really mine new legs because they were listening to my mind's commands.
Without any more thinking I started sprinting and found out that I was quite fast and really well skilled runner.
While running I started thinking of food; and suddenly meat was not so tasty anymore. I became hungry and grass looked really delicious. I dipped down and eaten a bit of grass. It was truely so tasty than I imagined.
But I won't be llama for forever? What if they eat me? I started shaking terribly thinking of my future.

Password sent
Silas Hipolito Crist
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Zen McGregor » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Errrr. This feels different. I was shorter than usual, I felt stronger and for some reason, very very imbalanced. I had four legs now, I was very hairy and I had a huge snout. Initially, I was shocked but then I decided to take advantage of the situation and make the most of it. I tried running, I was really fast. Faster than I used to be, at least. The four legs needed some time to get to used to, but I got the hang of it very soon. I no longer craved for what humans eat. I jumped at the nearest bush and munched all the grass. It was super tasty! My wool was very soft. No wonder llama scarves are a hit. I don't think I'd like to stay llama forever, but it will definitely be a nice experience. Time to go around and spit at some people. That definitely sounds like fun! And maybe try to signalise I'm actually human.

Password sent
Zen McGregor
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Prof. Sky Alton » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:58 pm

My initial thought is: I could use this (well, actually, no, it was 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah', but we'll go with the cool sounding one). I mean, people have a strange fascination with lamas. I’m not sure they’d find the wool quite so appealing if they had to wear it in this heat but never mind. The important thing is people go nuts for lamas. So while I’m waiting to work out how to get changed back, there’s mischief to be made. ‘Elusive Lama Traumatises Tourists’. It has a very nice ring to it. But I don’t want to go down the path of just spitting at them all. The last thing I want to do is further stereotype lamas. No, all I have to do is look photogenic. Lama selfie. They’ll be eating out the palm of my … hoof? Do I have hooves? Hard to tell from up here. Never mind. It’s simple: When they approach with a camera, quickly but cutely walk away so they have to follow me. For miles. Up mountains…

Password sent
Prof. Sky Alton
My MC is a... Puffskein

Return to World Wonders Summer Camp