Week 7 - I’d love to visit...

Moderators: Prof. Kendra Givens, Gail Allen

Week 7 - I’d love to visit...

Postby Gail Allen » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:44 pm

John William Borgin wrote a sonnet about Petra as a city he had heard of but never seen. Write a letter to a friend about a place you’d love to visit. What do you think it will be like? What are you excited to do? 150 words minimum

Post your description below to get a piece of this week’s password for the Treasure Hunt, and, of course, earn yourself 10 beans (+5 beans if it is handed in before the 26th of August). If you would rather not share your creation below, please send it to ravenclawevent @ gmail.com (no spaces) with the title "Week 7 - I’d love to visit..." and we will be sure to get you some beans!
Gail Allen
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Re: Week 7 - I’d love to visit...

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Dearest Sarah,

I hope this letter finds you quite well! I'm doing rather well myself! Only, I have been finding myself dreaming of being away lately. It's been some time since I've had a proper vacation, and I would love to travel overseas! The real question though, is where to first?

I'd love to see the rolling hills and the beautiful landscape in Ireland! But then again, I’d also love to explore the cities and markets of Spain as well as work on my Spanish! I’ve heard the cities are so beautiful at night in France, though I’m not sure I would like much of the food. But if I’m looking for food, surely I should just go to Italy, as it’s my favorite! I’ve always wanted to do a Holyland walk in Israel, as well as visit the architecture of Greece!

I think really my only option is to take a whole year off from real life and travel!!! Now I just need to figure out the money and find some travel buddies! Speaking of, have you gotten over your fear of airplanes? Though a cruise to Europe sounds nice!!

Until the next time,

Arianna

Password sent.
Arianna Stonewater
My MC is a... Red Cap

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:35 pm

Flavius! Tomas!

Guess what. I've narrowed down my choices of where else to go to two. And I can fit in a nice stay at both places! Isn't that exciting? It's funny how different they are, also. One, of course, is Eilean Donnain (Muggles call it Castle Eilean Donan), in the Highlands. Yeah, I want to see Loch Duich, Loch Long and Loch Alsh all from the same place. Too bad about that footbridge which was made at the start of the 20th century by the Muggles, but at least it's pretty and fits in. It's so funny I never went there when I was at school, too. But yeah, it's time to go there.

Before I go there, though, I'm going to Delphi. Yep. Finally going there. It's on the way (sort of) and besides, I want to be warm for a bit, especially before going to Scotland. Like it says on the postcard I have "The sanctuary of Delphi, set within a most spectacular landscape, was for many centuries the cultural and religious centre and symbol of unity for the Hellenic world." I wanted to go to the place which was established as a site sacred to Mother Earth. Shift happens and I think it will end up going back to its original purpose and away from being dedicated to that braggart Apollo. But it's so beautiful there and I have a craving for foods and drinks Hellas.

Password sent.
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Snidget

Postby Prof. Sky Alton » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Dear A
Ever since I was able to make my dream of seeing Iceland come true I’ve been trying to decide where my next ‘absolutely must go’ location is. It’s really difficult as there are so many places I would ‘like’ to go: India, Australia, Spain, Greenland, Greece. I should also really visit Scotland and Northern Ireland because being on the same land mass and having not is getting kind of embarrassing. However, just recently South Africa rocketed to the top and not simply because someone bribed me with elephants and lion cubs (though who am I kidding… Elephants and lion cubs). I’ve also seen documentaries about the cuisine and I think experiencing braai in progress would be both awesome, scary and eventually delicious. So, on the strength of cute animals and amazing (not to mention extreme) food, it would have to be South Africa. And before you ask: no, I’m not trying to work out how to smuggle a lion cub in a suitcase. You are so suspicious, gosh.
Sky

Password sent.
Prof. Sky Alton
My MC is a... Puffskein

Return to World Wonders Summer Camp