Task 4 - Incident Reports

Task 4 - Incident Reports

Postby Gail Allen » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 pm

To get a better overview of what we are up against we want to hear about any encounters you've had with the snowmen or any incidents you've either witnessed or heard of.

What needs to be included in your report is a description of what happened, where it happened and what time if this is known as well as any people (wizards or muggles) involved as well as any snowmen sighted nearby and a description of the snowman.

Post your incident report below by 11.59 on the 31st of December.
100 words minimum
Gail Allen
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Re: Task 4 - Incident Reports

Postby Prof. Sky Alton » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:33 pm

The turning on of the famous Winter Wonderland lights in London at 16:00 on November the 21st was disrupted as the power to a good portion of them fused within seconds of the switch being pressed. Much distress was caused to the muggles present and it meant those in charge of health and safety had to pull an all-nighter trying to work out what could have happened. Even now, people are asking how an innocent branch (not unlike those that a child might give a snowman for an arm) could possibly have got wedged in the worst possible place in the delicate circuitry. A line of very ordinary snowmen in red bobble hats and green scarves (thought by everyone present just to be part of the decoration) vanished in the confusion of the lights going out. People are urged to keep an eye out for a one armed snowman: an operative of SOS must have sacrificed a limb to pull off this dastardly plot.
Prof. Sky Alton
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Evening report -Gotham City News
An alert is posted for the lookout of orange carrots which are appearing in anomalous places in our fair city. People report seeing carrots in snow-drifts and, if they pull them out of the drift, an arm appears from out of nowhere and grabs them. According to the reports, the arm itself appears to be made of branches or twigs. Per the reports, yelling and jerking back from the carrot (and arm) suffices to free yourself from any potential harm. An unfortunate report is of a dog who grabbed a carrot from a snow drift, and tried to run off with it. The unidentified suspect disengaged from the snow bank, picked up the dog and, according to the report, levitated away. (“Creepy. Reminded me of those Daleks, you know?”) This gave us our only accurate description of the 'personage' -- three large round balls made of snow piled on top of each other, largest at the bottom decreasing in size to the top, with branches for arms and twigs for fingers, wearing a blue scarf and blue knitted hat. (The dog was found a block away, gnawing on the carrot.)
If you encounter orange carrots in a bin in a grocery store, they are probably fine.
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Snidget

Postby Mia Fountain » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:42 pm

Last night, I heard a commotion outside my home. I looked outside and saw my neighbour rushing away from what appeared to be an animated snowman, in a tug-o-war with my neighbour over a black purse. Another snowman appeared from across the road and started throwing snowballs at the neighbour. The neighbour screamed in frustration, let go of her purse and went home. The snowmen left and went down the street towards the park. The first snowman was last seen wearing a pink and brown scarf and carrying a black purse. The second snowman was last seen wearing a top hat and carrying a cane. Beware of any strange snowmen!

Edit: Report wasn't long enough- included more details of the incident.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:21 am

It was just the other day and I noticed the weather was unusually cold. Especially to my left: there seemed to be an unnatural chill that did not match the rest of the weather around me. Looking closely, I could glimpse three balls of snow, one on top of the other, entering my field of vision from that direction and gliding across the ground in some very unnatural way. I made my way back to the castle, but the snow was hot on my trail! Fortunately for me, the castle was heated - so the snowman didn't get very far before completely melting. However, the entirety of the carpeting of the entrance hall was now contaminated with a very yucky-seeming type of water. I had no desire to investigate further, but the analysis conducted by others concluded that the carpet was contaminated by molten snowman. Fortunately we could replace the carpeting by magic, but what if there were more than one snowman pursuing me that day?
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Return to Sinister Order of Snowmen (SOS)