Week 1: Documentation

Week 1: Documentation

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Mon May 04, 2020 12:03 am

Whenever I complete a task like this, I always keep detailed notes about how I did it, just in case I ever have to do something similar again! Write a story of at least 100 words about your journey to find the blue box in the Room of Requirement and post below. You must include the words: fox, hay, trombone, teapot, and teeth.

Post your story below or email to ravenclawevent@gmail.com with the title 'Week 1: Documentation' by May 31st at 11:59pm HOL time for 10 beans.

**Should you need an alternate activity option due to accessibility concerns, please feel free to message me and we can arrange other fun for you!**
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Re: Week 1: Documentation

Postby Iverian Gnash » Tue May 05, 2020 1:01 pm

Let me begin this by saying no matter how large that box is, it was one of the most difficult things I've ever been poking around in the Room of Requirement to find. When I first managed to get inside, I tripped over a pair of teeth that were sitting on the ground at the entrance. I paused briefly to wonder why someone would bother hiding away a pair of teeth.

Continuing on, I passed by a teapot and pushed it aside to check behind for a sign of a blue box. I didn't see anything so I stood there scanning the shelves for a second before heading over to the far corner. Casting lumos as it was a bit dark back here, I jumped back quickly my instincts kicking in as I came face to face with what looked like a fox. I started laughing as I realized it was only a plush fox. Someone probably stole it and hid it back here, though I felt bad for whoever lost their sleeping companion.

This corner was too dark and cramped and plus, I'd searched quite a bit so I went farther back in the room. Something shiny caught my eye as I paused to notice a beautiful trombone sitting high on a shelf. Having never played one before, I went to pick it up and give it a try when I noticed a stack of hay. It looked like something was beneath it... could it be?

I carefully set the trombone back down and climbed up to the top (I'm an expert climber in my opinion). Shoving aside piles of hay, my hand landed on something. I put both of my hands on either side with a good grip and yanked it back almost toppling off the drawer it was on and to the floor. Steadying myself, I realized I had found the blue box! It had a key on top, but after trying it I realized the key was definitely a fake... so how do we open it?
Iverian Gnash
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Lorainia Riverrider » Tue May 05, 2020 1:16 pm

As I open the door to the Room of Requirement, I am greeted by a surprise. A red fox runs right in front of me. I have to remember to set it free later. As I continue, I stumble over a small bale of hay, While I am picking myself of, I see a glint of blue. I head over to the blue item. Sadly it's not the box, it is an antique teapot. I set the teapot back down and notice a trombone, but what's that under the trombone? It the blue box! I am excited to say I found the blue box! But wait. I pick the blue box up and it opens easily. The inside, however is filled with false teeth. I am disappointed because there is no doubt that this is not the box Kyrie needs.
Lorainia Riverrider
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Emily Spencer » Tue May 05, 2020 3:50 pm

I will say that going into the Room of Requirements in search of Kyrie's box was quite the delight. My mother always said I have a bit of the magpie in me, because of the fact that I simply cannot stop myself from being drawn to all things sparkly, shiny, and downright odd. The collector gene is strong in me, that's for sure! Dad says I get it from my great-uncle Morsalizar, who had a most sizable collection of wooden teeth. Why anyone would want to collect teeth (wooden) or not escapes me, but I have over a hundred teapots in my own collection, so who am I to judge?!

The Room was jam-packed full of an odd assortment of things, including a most wonderful painting depicting a fox playing the trombone, a gigantic box of ornate buttons, and a set of books on the ever-fascinating subject of raising and training toads. But as tempting as it was, I was here on a mission, not a scavenger hunt! Biting my lip and drawing in a deep sigh, I forced myself to turn away from the lure of the hunt and concentrate on the task at hand.

After what seemed like hours of searching (Admittedly, my resolve was not that strong and I spent altogether too much time perusing through a tin filled with a glorious assortment of old brooch pins), I finally found the box! It was there in the very back corner, nestled comfortably in a bed of hay. From your vague description, I recognized the box immediately. My victory was rather shortlived, however, as I realized that I had no key to open the darn thing. Now, what?!! Oh well, guess I'll figure it out eventually. Right after I investigate that shiny pile of pretties in the corner....
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Postby Mia Fountain » Wed May 06, 2020 12:45 am

I entered the Room of Requirement and the first thing I saw was a large pile of combs with missing teeth. I shook my head at the mess and started walking down one of the aisles to my left. I saw a chipped teapot that I decided to bring back with me to fix it. I also saw several shelves full of various animal figurines: a sleeping fox, a pack of wolves howling, and many others. I continued wandering and I was starting to think I might never find this blue box, when I tripped over a trombone and caused a shelf full of instruments to fall down. There it was, behind the shelf sitting in a pile of hay. I had found the blue box, now to figure out how it opens.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Wed May 06, 2020 3:41 am

As I headed towards the Room of Requirement, I gnashed my teeth as I tried to figure out what was going on. Something told me that this was going to be even harder than the puzzle about the fox, the goose, and the bag of hay (or was it a bag of corn?) crossing the river with a farmer. It was going to be even harder than trying to dance to the Muggle children's song "I'm a Little Teapot". And I could have sworn I heard trombone music as I entered the door to the Room of Requirement, but I dismissed it as just a trick in the wind (never mind that there isn't a lot of wind inside the castle). But the room had made itself available to me - and there seemed to be a plethora of mystical objects scattered throughout. Now to begin my search...
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Thu May 07, 2020 12:24 am

Listen, it isn’t my intention to fox you, or tamper with your trust, but I had the most interesting time in the Room of Requirements looking for Kyrie’s Blue Box, and it was altogether a rather surreal experience.

You’ll have heard the story of the Three Little Tebos, each building homes of hay, or sticks, or bricks, but it never would’ve occurred to me that these dwellings from the tale would present themselves to me once entering The Room. I must have been seven years old last my mother read that book to us!

The house of hay proved useless, and was on the edge of collapse from the First Little Tebo’s incessant trombone practicing, blowing holes in their own home with every-so-many painfully loud notes. No boxes in sight.

The house of sticks was little better. None of the boxes there were blue, and the steam of the Second Little Tebo’s continuously screaming teapot had over time caused all the wood to begin to mold, creeping up along every surface.

I should’ve known that I’d find what I was looking for within the third and final house of bricks, yet of them all it was the one I tried to escape from the fastest. There was something about the way the Third Little Tebo was looking at me that just wouldn’t sit right in my stomach.

What’s that quote from ‘Invisible Monsters’ by Chuck Palahniuk? “You can only hold a smile for so long, after that it’s just teeth.”

I took the box and left the Room of Requirements as hurriedly as I was able.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Postby Prof. Sky Alton » Sun May 31, 2020 7:24 pm

I opened the door onto the immense room stacked high with junk, ill-gotten gains and precious items (bit hard to tell one from the other, to be honest) and tried not to grit my TEETH. Searching for Kyrie’s blue box in here would be like looking for half a needle in a whole barn of HAY stacks. Still, I had to give it my best shot.
I clambered awkwardly over a pile that was blocking the way to one of the isles; it looked as though there had been a good few landslides in here lately. I passed a FOX skeleton painted gold and mounted on an onyx plinth (who knew something could be both tacky AND creepy?), a badly dented silver tea service missing its TEAPOT (needed serious work but if I was ever stuck for something to give Dario for his birthday…) and a chest full of jewels which detained me for an embarrassingly long time (shiny shiny). By the time I reached another crossroads in the city of stuff, I was sweaty, dusty and tired. Only the thought of having to climb all those mounds of stuff to get out again stopped me from giving up.
I turned down a narrow gap between some very high cabinets. About half way along, I found one lacquered in navy blue and with tarnished bronze trim. My heart didn’t exactly leap but it certainly perked up. Experimentally, I tried the door. It gave a very reluctant grinding noise and moved about an inch. I really did grit my teeth this time and gave it a yank.
Several things happened in quick succession: the door swung open with the sound of a TROMBONE being stepped on by a hippo, I tottered backwards in surprise and smacked into the tall line of cupboards behind me which proceeded to go down like dominos, sending smaller items fountaining into the air. I barely noticed. There, nestled on a top shelf amongst piles of dusty books, was Kyrie’s blue box.
Prof. Sky Alton
My MC is a... Puffskein

Return to MAYhem in Ravenclaw!