Week 1: What's in the Box Anyway?

Week 1: What's in the Box Anyway?

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Mon May 04, 2020 12:17 am

As I haven't yet been able to find this box that Kyrie is asking for, I've been super curious as to what could be in there that's so important! Create a graphic of what you think is in Kyrie’s blue box that she needs so badly OR what you think the blue box looks like. You can also include a description of your creation if you’d like!

Post your creation below or email to ravenclawevent@gmail.com with the title 'Week 1: What's in the Box?' by May 31st at 11:59pm HOL time for 10 beans.

**Should you need an alternate activity option due to accessibility concerns, please feel free to message me and we can arrange other fun for you!**
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Re: Week 1: What's in the Box Anyway?

Postby Iverian Gnash » Tue May 05, 2020 12:07 am

While there's a key on top of the box, it's obviously a fake one meant to mimic the real one. It's there to make someone feel as though opening it will be a breeze.
Iverian Gnash
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Lorainia Riverrider » Tue May 05, 2020 1:38 pm

Image shows an open blue box with three potion bottles inside. A square bottle filled with red liquid, a round bottle filled with blue liquid, and a skinny bottle filled with a purple liquid.
Lorainia Riverrider
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Emily Spencer » Tue May 05, 2020 3:13 pm

I would imagine that Kyrie has a lot of treasures hidden in this box. The box itself looks rather antique. It is a robin's egg blue with gold trim and flecks throughout. The box contains a bottle filled with a secret elixir, Kyrie's official Ravenclaw wand (which fittingly has a blue gemstone at the tip), antique jars filled with potion ingredients, a piece of jewelry believed to be from Rowena Ravenclaw herself (bronze circle with a blue moonstone at the center), and a bronze quill.
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Mia Fountain » Wed May 06, 2020 1:00 am

The box has a large keyhole, but where is the key? Is there a key, or is it a trick? Maybe, we need a password?
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Wed May 06, 2020 3:34 am

I'm imagining the box is coloured in various shades of blue. The top and bottom would have the letter "R" on it, for Ravenclaw - while the sides would change to reflect the first letter of the current Head of House of Ravenclaw (since Ravenclaw is currently headed by Prof. Kyrie Adderholt, the side letter is a K).
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Thu May 07, 2020 10:24 pm

Inside the Blue Box (which appeared to me as a fairly simple wooden variety with no lock or anything particularly ornamental of note), I imagined I'd find a few things you'd want to have around this time of year for many of the numerous spells and rituals one usually performs in May:

Small bundles of Lily of the Valley and Hawthorne flowers, a jar of honey, a piece of emerald, an orange beeswax candle with a box of matches, and an ever-so-tiny bag of seeds I expect would have already been enchanted. You could almost feel Kyrie's magic permeating around the whole thing, though perhaps it was partially an effect of the sun coming out from behind some clouds and shining in through the window that gave me tingles as I opened the box and looked inside.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Return to MAYhem in Ravenclaw!