Week 2: What Goes Where?

Week 2: What Goes Where?

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Sun May 10, 2020 11:15 pm

Now that you've helped me identify the objects and places that Kyrie was referring to in this week's crossword puzzle, I need help deciding which objects should go to which places! In at least 100 words, tell me about two different object/location match-ups given the list of objects and places from the crossword puzzle. Why do you think those objects should go in those particular locations?

Post your ideas below or send to ravenclawevent@gmail.com by May 31st at 11:59pm HOL time for 10 beans!
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Re: Week 2: What Goes Where?

Postby Iverian Gnash » Mon May 11, 2020 4:33 pm

First of all, I think it's pretty obvious that Dario's quill should go in the forbidden forest. It's probably a forbidden kind of quill that belongs in the forbidden forest :P All the creatures in there would be more than happy to have it and would find all sorts of uses for it. It probably has healing powers and spouts rainbow ink so I can imagine everything the quill could heal - both creatures and trees. Some of the creatures in the forest would enjoy drawing on trees with the rainbow ink so just keep in mind that we'll have a very colorful forest.

Secondly, Gryffindor's broomsticks definitely need to go in the kitchen for an obvious reason. Normally we Gryffindors don't bother going down there since it's kind of Hufflepuff territory so this gives us a reason to be down there invading the kitchens. While we're 'picking up our broomsticks' we can also be gathering snacks to bring back to our common room \o/
Iverian Gnash
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Fri May 15, 2020 2:10 pm

The Dittany should be sent off to the Kitchens. One of my House Elf friends involved there is rather fond of using it in their famous Green Bean dish, in addition to brewing up special concoctions as an assist to Potions Class and mixing together certain dried tea combinations for particular needs of Divination. They are also quite close with the Herbology Professor who, knowing of this interest, told me they'd set aside part of a special batch of Dittany received by Owl, and that this portion was to be used as a gift for the Hogwarts Kitchens.

If it's alright, I'll bring Gail's Cauldron down to the Dungeons. I was just thinking that even as busy as she is, Gail's never seemed like this level of a forgetful type, then it occurred to me that I'd borrowed her Cauldron for a project and forgot to get it back! I think she's heading into a class right now, so I'd better hurry down. Eek!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Postby Emily Spencer » Fri May 15, 2020 6:20 pm

I would have to say that the Mirror of Erised should be sent directly to the bottom of the Great Lake. There is no need to rehash the mirror's history, as we know well from reading about poor Harry Potter the damage that this object can do. I am pretty sure that the safety of the student's mental health is of utmost importance to Kyrie, so she would probably want it put where it is not easily obtained. I believe that it would do less harm to the merpeople than us humans, that's for sure!

To save time, I will hurry posthaste and bring Dario's quill straight to the Headmaster's Office. In addition to being the resident groundskeeper, Dario also serves as a Deputy Headmaster to our school. I would venture to say that he has an awful lot of paperwork to do, so he will be wanting that quill back ASAP. Incidentally, his office was the first stop on my mind, but the door was locked. The Headmaster's Office seemed the next logical choice and providing that Headmaster Phantom does not decide to keep it for his own (it's a very nice quill, you know), it should make it back into Dario's hands before the day is through. Crisis averted!
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Postby Lorainia Riverrider » Sat May 16, 2020 4:16 pm

First, I think Kyrie's blue box should be kept in the headmaster's office from now on. I think the box will be safer in the headmaster's office than it was in the room of requirement. I also think it will be easy to find, if we need it again, in the headmaster's office.
Second, I think the telescopes should be kept in the forbidden forest. I think the Centaurs could get a lot if use out of them while they keep them safe. The Centaurs can also use the telescopes to alert us of any potential dangers in the sky above and around the Hogwarts grounds.
Lorainia Riverrider
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Fri May 29, 2020 5:56 am

I would want to place the dittany in the prefects' bathroom. The prefects' bathroom is a very comfortable and enjoyable place to relax complete with a bathtub you can swim in - but I feel that it could use a healing item or two for those times a prefect has run afoul of something in the castle. And dittany would be a great fit for that!

Then, I would place the telescopes in the dungeons. No, it isn't opposite day! My thought is: normally we use telescopes to look as high up as possible - what happened if we reversed things and looked as low as possible, below the bottom of the castle? A telescope would be pretty well suited to that task, after all!
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Prof. Sky Alton » Sun May 31, 2020 10:41 pm

Obviously Dario’s beautiful, high quality quill should be given to me *coughs* I mean, handed to his most trusted Gryffindor to personally deliver back to where it belongs. It’s such a nice quill that anyone would be tempted to st- I mean, it’s such a nice quill that anyone would be lucky to have it. *Coughs* Anyway, yes, I’ll be happy to keep it safe… Put it back where it belongs, I mean. Oh, is that the time? If you would be so good as to leave it in the smaller dungeon on the left hand side where he won't think to look for it... I mean, where I can collect it on his behalf later, that would be great. I’ll get it back to him as soon as possible… When I remember, at some point.

I’d put the telescopes in the kitchens, so they could be sent up to the Great Hall (a la plates of food) when next they're wanted. It’s never made sense to me why classes had to be held in the cold astronomy tower when we have a ceiling that perfectly mimics the night’s sky. Classes would be far easier to hold and less chilly in the great hall, if less atmospheric. (It'd probably be a bad idea to let people do classes from the comfort of sleeping bags but it's a nice, cosy thought)
Prof. Sky Alton
My MC is a... Puffskein

Return to MAYhem in Ravenclaw!