Task 6 - Clear Your Mind

Moderators: Prof. Kendra Givens, Mia Fountain

Task 6 - Clear Your Mind

Postby Mia Fountain » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:58 pm

After watching the previous matches you need to take a break to get away from the smell of the exploding Gobstones. How bad is the smell? What do you do to clear your mind before your match? In 50 words or more, or show us a picture of something you might do to clear your mind.

Post below to earn 10 beans. All images should be 600x600 or less.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Re: Task 6 - Clear Your Mind

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:48 am

My first thought when it comes to clearing my mind is to use one of the techniques I learned from Maxim Trevelyan's Occlumency class. Among other things, Maxim explained that I could use deep breathing techniques to clear my mind of the smell of gobstones. I would supplement this by thinking of something else with a more pleasing aroma, such as baking bread, to help push out that gobstone odor!
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Prof. Maxim Trevelyan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:25 pm

My way to clear my mind would be to focus on an object to keep other stray thoughts away. This object in particular is my lovely black cat, lovingly called Demon. I imagine her lazily laying around in my mind and if any stray thoughts start to come around she would jump into action and drive them away, keeping the mind clear.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
My MC is a... Mackled Malaclaw

Postby Gail Allen » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:52 am

I usually take a long soak in a bathtub before a match. I know it might be a little counter-intuitive since if I lose, I definitely need to wash again afterwards, but I find that the scented water and the feeling of almost being weightless is very relaxing and it helps me focus on the game and not everything else.
Gail Allen
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Iverian Gnash » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:56 am

Before and after a match, I take a long break and head to the Prefect's Bathroom to take a relaxing bath. After I've finished up there, I head to my dorm room and use my favorite perfume. I may smell like a walking bottle of vanilla and brown sugar perfume with the amount I put on, but at least any scent from the Gobstones that wasn't washed off will be masked. :lol:
Iverian Gnash
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:50 am

The best way to clear the mind (and the nose) is to head outside. A nice long walk in the fresh air is always very relaxing to me. After that, I would make sure to drink some water and stay hydrated. Grabbing a snack might be good before a match - chocolate chip cookies and milk is ideal. If I still have time to kill, I'd grab a book to take my mind away for a bit.
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Lorainia Riverrider » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:38 pm

For clear mind I probably meditate. For get smell out nose I light nice candle.
Lorainia Riverrider
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Jackdaw O'Reilly » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:39 am

One of the things I would usually do to clear my mind is to reread a favourite book. I'd sit in a chair or lie down on my bed, flick to the page I was last on and let the words drift me back to a somewhat familiar, but still separate, place. It's not as surprising/shocking in some parts as the first reading but can still keep me enthralled.
Jackdaw O'Reilly
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:19 pm

There are a few things that help me clear my mind in general. The first being, like others have mentioned, nice calm breathing with closed eyes trying to clear my thoughts and focus on the fun of the game and not stress about winning or losing. The second thing I like to do is put on some fun music and jam out to happy songs; anything fun and peppy that can put me in a happy mood.
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
My MC is a... Knarl

Postby Torii Taylor » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:31 am

To clear my mind, I will probably read a book, listen to music, watch tv, or go for a run, depending on my mood.
Torii Taylor
My MC is a... Gnome

Return to Gobstones 2020