Task 13 - The Lost Gobstones Set

Moderators: Prof. Kendra Givens, Mia Fountain

Task 13 - The Lost Gobstones Set

Postby Mia Fountain » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:13 pm

Uh oh, you misplaced your gobstones set after your practice match against Gail. Draw or create a poster for your lost gobstones set (Will you offer a reward for its return? What does your set of Gobstones look like?). Or, retrace your steps to find it.

Post your poster, or describe it, or to tell us in 50 words or more where and how you ended up finding it for 10 beans!
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Re: Task 13 - The Lost Gobstones Set

Postby Prof. Maxim Trevelyan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:21 pm

The case of the lost Gobstones was indeed a curious one. While the set is very pretty and sparkly it is not to everyone's taste so it would be weird indeed that another student would take it. A point to the set is that it is very glittery, so I just have to follow the colorful specks of glitter to the thief. They circle a couple of times in the boys' dorm before they lead under the bed. I was right that the thief was not a student at all, but my black cat, who loves to play with them, expertly dodging the squirting gunk.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
My MC is a... Mackled Malaclaw

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:52 am

I had no idea how this happened: one moment I was playing Gobstones and the next moment my Gobstones set was nowhere to be seen! I searched everywhere: the Gobstones Club room, the Great Hall, my Common Room, and every one of my classes. Finally, at the Entrance Hall, I cast a summoning charm and suddenly the Gobstones all raced inside the building from the outdoors, knocking me down! But at least I had my Gobstones back, even though they were now on top of me...
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Gail Allen » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:50 am

It's really strange actually, since I lost my gobstones after practicing a little on my own. Luckily each set comes with 30 stones or I would have found it hard to get a bit of practice in that way.

At any rate, after practicing, I remember putting them back into their pouch and then putting it into my trunk, but when I went to look for them again today to get a little more practice in, I couldn't find them anywhere. So I decided to ask the house elves when they came around to lay a new fire in the fireplace. They surprisingly often know where misplaced items are, but this time they unfortunately didn't, so I had to go to bed, but lo and behold; as I pulled back the bed covers, I found my gobstones spread on my mattress. I have no idea how they ended there, but I was glad to find them again.
Gail Allen
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Iverian Gnash » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:08 am

Iverian Gnash
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:43 am

Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Torii Taylor » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:24 am

Torii Taylor
My MC is a... Gnome

Postby Jackdaw O'Reilly » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:52 am

Jackdaw O'Reilly
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Lorainia Riverrider » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Lorainia Riverrider
My MC is a... Diricawl

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:16 am

If you’re unaware, I just moved houses and while unpacking all of my things, I noticed my gobstones set was missing. I doubled checked all my empty boxes and they were nowhere to be found. After thinking it over, I figured I must have left them in my previous house. With all the confidence I could muster, I decided to check back in my old room and see if by chance they were there. So, I tickled the pear on the painting, tip toed into the common room, and snuck back up the stairs. I quickly check the closet and low and behold, there they were in the fancy case I bought for them. I opened the case, counted and checked to make sure all where there and tip toed back out, and ran back to my new home. :cool:
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
My MC is a... Knarl

Return to Gobstones 2020