Week 4 - Classes

Moderators: Amy Smith, Charlie Spencer, Sparky McPup

Week 4 - Classes

Postby Sparky McPup » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:25 pm

With the school year starting again classes have also started. Some of you are probably taking some fun and interesting classes.

While taking a break from all the classes I would like you to write about your first class and any interesting classes you are taking in a minimum of 80 words. Post your description by Sept. 30th 11:59 pm HOL time for 10 beans and the chance to win an award.
Sparky McPup
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Re: Week 4 - Classes

Postby Elladora Jorkins » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:41 pm

The classes I am taking this year are potions, poisons, HOL 1, care are magical creatures, and herbology. I am most excited for poisons and potions class because I think that those classes will be the most interesting and we “hands on” activities. I have already done the first assignment for potions and poisons and they were really fun. I have already learned a lot from these classes. I have not started my other classes yet so my opinion is not fully formed yet, but I think these two will be my favorite.
Elladora Jorkins
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:37 am

I've signed up for 5 classes and started doing homework for one of them, and ended up doing all the homeworks because it was just such a fascinating and interesting class. I learned a lot about Lesser Known Characters of Harry Potter and it was fun. I hadn't intended to do all the homeworks for the class, but it's like eating potato chips -- open the bag and start and all of a sudden the chips are gone! Sadness -- and thus it was when I clicked to see the next lesson and assignment of Emily Spencer's class and found out there were no more. :sad:
I'm happily starting on homework of the remaining classes though! These are A History of Things, Art: A Magical Study, Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers and The Tudors.
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Daffodil Harbourshire » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 pm

I am taking five classes this term: A Beginners Guide to Villainy, A Visit to Diagon Alley, The Unforgivable Curses, Arithmancy and HOL 101.

My favourite class so far is A Visit to Diagon Alley because it has been really fun and interesting; I have enjoyed doing the assignments so far as well. I can’t wait to get further into the class and to have the chance to explore more.

I am a bit disappointed as I can’t do some of the tasks because they involve Art - however, I tend to make up for it with some written pieces (it still guts me that I can’t win an award for completing the whole class though).
Daffodil Harbourshire

Postby Louis Walles » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:14 pm

I have signed up for 5 classes which I wanted to sign up to since last year (I joined by the end of may which means some classes were closed for sign ups so I had to wait till the next year). Those classes are: A history of things, HOL Genetics, Introduction to Sign Language, Muggle Studies Pop Culture: The 80s, and the Magic of Forenis Science. I have completed one assignment for each class already and I really enjoyed them!
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Marianne Arden » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:27 pm

For the current autumn term,I have chosed interesting classes,at first I was quite disappointed when I was late to submit to Charms yet there will be another chance for the next upcoming terms.In Transfiguration we are getting slowly to recognize its intricate laws and restrictions,it will be fun since it does cover a wide range of possibilities within.Muggle Studies for beginners ' class offer us naw ideas and insights about the life style of muggles which is intriguing since they have no use of magic to make matters easier.I have always loved discovering informations about ancient civilizations so when I found out that there is a class where we learn about ancient Greece and Egypt I was excited ,it is going to be a fantastic journey in time.Lastly I'm still waiting for the approval of my membership in Apparition class,for I was fascinated with this unusual methode of transport since my childhood,and I cannot wait to master this art.I hope everything goes well during these courses.
Marianne Arden

Postby Septima Lestrange » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:26 pm

This is my very first term, and I quickly chose to fill up my class load! I’m taking HOL 101, of course, as well as a visit to diagon alley, herbology, divination, and care for magical creatures! I’ve already completed all of my HOL 101 assignments and am just under halfway done with my DA assignments, I’ve not yet started the other classes just yet. HOL 101 was such a good course to help us new first years familiarize ourselves with the site and all the wonderful things we can participate in! It was incredibly helpful and really enjoyable. There were a lot of little creative breaks in the assignments to help push me to be the student I want to be. Visit to Diagon Alley has been so informative and fun! I love all the little activities like word searches, mazes, and doll makers the professor has put into the assignments. So far I have learned so much, and even picked up some neat things! I got my very first wand, a nine inch Hawthorn wand with a Dragon Heartstring core, and I simply adore it. I feel I’ve already begun the bonding process. I also just earlier today had the opportunity to pick out my outfit for the Yule Ball and it’s just beautiful. I can’t wait for the festivities, or for all the other things I’ll get to see! I’m also very excited for my herbology and care for magical creatures. I am so fascinated by the magic of just simply the world and the earth and the naturally occurring magic all around us, and I really feel these classes will help me to better get in touch with, and ultimately work with, these elements.
Septima Lestrange

Postby Mia Fountain » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:23 am

I am taking 5 classes this term, they are: Advanced Care of Magical Creatures, Confronting Your Boggart, Introduction to Sign Language, Mysteries of the Lake, and Poisons. So far I have found my classes to be interesting. I think Introduction to Sign Language and Confronting Your Boggart, may end up being my more difficult classes this term, but they have also been very informative so far. Advanced Care of Magical Creatures, Poisons, and Mysteries of the Lake, will likely be my more relaxing classes. So far I have completed my first assignment for each of my classes, and the second for most of them.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Postby Iverian Gnash » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:10 am

I am taking Care of Magical Creatures (the first canon class besides Arithmancy I've taken I believe!), A Beginner's Guide to Villainy, Grindelwald's Crimes, Quidditch the Wizarding Way, and Survival. On the first day of class, I worked on Quidditch the Wizarding Way and got everything sent in including designing a logo and team I'm very proud of :lol: Grindelwald's Crimes is really interesting and I love the writing prompts because they really make me think about some what ifs in Grindelwald's life and allow room for creativity. Care of Magical Creatures is fun and not a whole lot of work, but I enjoy the animal centered writing prompts. In Survival, I shared pictures of forts I've made in the woods out of logs and palm fronds. I have yet to begin A Beginner's Guide to Villainy, but I need time to plan out the perfect villain!
Iverian Gnash
My MC is a... Ghoul

Return to Solve September