Week 2 - Hogwarts Food

Moderators: Amy Smith, Charlie Spencer, Sparky McPup

Week 2 - Hogwarts Food

Postby Amy Smith » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:17 am

The meals at Hogwarts tend to all be traditionally British, which is certainly appropriate for the setting, but do you think they should occasionally branch out and give different meal options?

There are little limitations in the kitchens of Hogwarts, highlighted during the Triwizard Tournament when the meals changed to accommodate the visiting schools. Perhaps different cuisines could be featured? More options for different diets?

In at least 80 words, explain if you think Hogwarts should have a greater variation in the types of food served in a post below by Sept. 30th 11:59pm HOL time for 10 beans and the chance to win an award.
Amy Smith
Prefect

Re: Week 2 - Hogwarts Food

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:03 am

I think that it might be interesting if Hogwarts were to invite French House Elf chefs from Beauxbatons for a visit of a week or a month. It would certainly expand the diet to things of more fresh greens and 'lighter' foods, and not so many boiled, baked or mashed delicacies. ("Looks like meat's back on the menu boys" oh, wrong fandom ...) Perhaps the deserts would also expand to include some of the lighter treats, like souffles, crepes, chocolate mousse and the like. As for something to drink, I imagine that the French House Elves might also have some alternatives to share with the Hogwarts gang.
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Louis Walles » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:58 pm

In my opinion, it would be extremely fascinating to see different types of food from all over the world! I think that different types of food would intrigue more people and possibly would make the Hogwarts students feel more open towards different cultures and MUGGLES! Maybe different types of food could make them a bit more open-minded and decrease the amount of hate towards wizards from muggle families (which was happening very often towards Hermione). In addition, the variety of food would make more wizarding schools feel welcome and maybe we would be able to discover some less famous wizarding schools which were not mentioned in the books or movies.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Mia Fountain » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:02 pm

I think we should expand the culinary offerings at Hogwarts to include dishes from all over the world. I think we should include dishes from all over the world to introduce the students and staff to a larger variety of food, perhaps they will find a new favourite dish. I also think we should include healthier foods, because the normal offerings at Hogwarts are usually quite heavy, and not the healthiest of options. I also think we should include vegetarian and/or vegan dishes for those who may be vegetarian or vegan.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Postby Iverian Gnash » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:01 am

I definitely think there should be more options for meals at Hogwarts because there are probably quite a few exchange students or students who come from different backgrounds. The students' culture is so diverse that only having one type of food isn't sufficient for everyone, especially not those who didn't originally come from Britain. It's also a good idea to have different cultures of food to expose the students to different things so they weren't always having the exact same cuisine.
Iverian Gnash
My MC is a... Ghoul

Return to Solve September