Week 2 - What's on your plate

Moderators: Amy Smith, Charlie Spencer, Sparky McPup

Week 2 - What's on your plate

Postby Amy Smith » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:20 am

Roast beef, buttered peas, mashed potatoes...of all the delicious food offered at the feast, what ends up on your plate?

With this empty dinner plate template, draw/make a graphic of that your dinner looks like! Alternatively, describe it in at least 80 words - is it piled high? What are you making sure you get extra servings of? (Or are you purposely saving room for dessert?) The image should be of 600*600

Post your art OR description by Sept. 30th 11:59 pm HOL time for 10 beans and the chance to snag an award.
Amy Smith
Prefect

Re: Week 2 - What's on your plate

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:17 pm

Alas, as soon as I read the questions, I immediately imagined my plate piled high with slices of pizza, going every which way. Lovely, gooey, dripping with sauce pizza, covered with melted cheese and other different toppings. There would be the topping with pepperoni, the one with pineapple and ham, the one with sausage and black olive and mushrooms -- all kinds! All of them would have the toppings extend to the very edge, so there is little or no crust to be seen. (By the way, it's all of thin-crust pizza ...)
That doesn't sound very nutritionally balanced does it! :lol: I sort of doubt I'd be able to eat it all, too. :cool: But that is the picture which came to mind.
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Mia Fountain » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:34 pm

My plate is piled high with all kind of things. There is turkey drizzled with gravy. A baked potato with sour cream, cheese, and crumbled bacon. A nice pile of green and yellow beans, and and seperate pile of broccoli, and cauliflower. I probably won't go back for seconds, because I want to try to save some room for dessert. For dessert I would like to get a piece of lemon meringue pie with a Graham cracker crust, and a sprinkle of lemon zest on top.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Postby Louis Walles » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:38 pm

Here is my plate. On it, you can find fish n chips - classic British dinner! I think the biggest confusion for some of you can be something on the left. These are a traditional Silesian dumplings! Silesia is a part of Poland (where I come from). I remember how my grandma used to make them every Sunday for dinner. So I couldn't help it and HAD TO include them!! Also, I added some coca cola because for me, dinner is not a dinner without some soda!
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Return to Solve September