Week 4 - Potions

Moderators: Amy Smith, Charlie Spencer, Sparky McPup

Week 4 - Potions

Postby Sparky McPup » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:36 pm

With potions being one of the beginning classes at Hogwarts, many students are taking it.

https://imgur.com/DRCn3LD Link to the image.

I would like you to color in this image of the potions class room or describe what it looks like in 80 words.
Post your art\description by Sept. 30th 11:59 HOL time for 10 beans and the chance to get win an award.
Sparky McPup
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Re: Week 4 - Potions

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:45 am

The room itself appears to be dark because, while there are flaming torches supplying light, the darkness of the stone walls, the dark wood of the table, the shadows of the shelves creating great wells of somber darkness, provide a distinct counter-impression of that of 'lightness'. A breeze of unknown source also causes the torches to flicker, so that the light emitting from them will be bright and then dimmed. When entering the room, from the well-lit corridor leading to it, the contrast can induce a feeling of trepidation, of danger-in-potential. Massive jars, filled with potion ingredients, and stacks of books piled here and there, with their own distinctive scent, add to the overall atmosphere of 'darkness'. It's a wonder that the fruit in the container appear to be wholesome. As for the teacher -- he sits upright in the leather chair, frowning at parchments on the table in front of him.
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Louis Walles » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:03 pm

Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Mia Fountain » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:06 am

The potions classroom is a long rectangular room with deep grey stone walls, with 3 wooden doors around the perimeter (leading to the hallway, the professors office, and the storage cupboard). There are torches high up on the walls, throughout the classroom. At the front of the room there is the professors desk, a chalkboard, and a large cauldron. There are shelves surrounding the room with various potions ingredients on them. There are several student workstations throughout the room. Each workstation is set up to hold a cauldron, and it has an area for preparing the ingredients.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Postby Iverian Gnash » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:06 am

When you first walk into the potions classroom, you may be surprised by the mysteriousness of the room itself. Bottles line the walls, filling every corner, even the darkest notches that can't be seen without Lumos. A pot is bubbling, green bubbles forming on the top. You see a vial full of some golden liquid you just have to have. The temperature is surprisingly warmer than the rest of the dungeons, mostly because of the extreme temperatures the potions are set to boil on. You walk past a row of desks with a large cauldron on top of each and different ingredients you can't quite make out - was that Fluxweed? At the front of the room is a professor getting ready to demonstrate the Cure for Boils - better pay attention.
Iverian Gnash
My MC is a... Ghoul

Return to Solve September