Week 2 -Discussion

Moderator: Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Week 2 -Discussion

Postby Prof. Rorey Padfoot » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:26 am

In the movie Hocus Pocus, what brought the witches back was lighting the black flame candle. So, for this weeks discussion I want to know if during this fall and soon to be winter season do you like to burn candles at your house. They can be for either scent or just atmosphere or both? What are your favorite kinds, brands, scents,wicks, etc. No worries if you don't burn candles, that's ok as well, and feel free to tell us why its not your thing.

Make all posts HOL appropriate.

You will earn 10 beans for each post you make that has 50 words or more. You can make your original post, reply to someone else's post, or if you have more than one favorite candle make another post about the second, third, etc item! You have until October 31st, 11:59pm HOL time to get your posts in.
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
My MC is a... Knarl

Re: Week 2 -Discussion

Postby Prof. Felicia Hartwick » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:26 am

I LOVE CANDLES!

I usually will have a candle burning somewhere in the house. Usually it's for the scent. My favorite scents are cinnamon, apple, lavender and most vanilla scents. I get my candles mostly from Bath and Body Works. Whenever they have their 3 wick candles on sale, my daughter and I will find time to get there. And when they have their $8.50 (though I think they were $10 last year) sale, it's like Christmas for us!

My only problem... the hubby and the son. Certain scents drives them nuts and he'll complain when I burn them. But he does like any that smells like cookies.Though one day I was burning a candle that smelled like cookies and when my son came home from work, said "Yum, you make cookies." He was very disappointed when he learned it was a candle.
Prof. Felicia Hartwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Re: Week 2 -Discussion

Postby Lorainia Riverrider » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:28 pm

I enjoy burning candles anytime, but especially during the fall and winter. My favorite fall scents are called Bonfire (which smells exactly like a bonfire) and Pumpkin Apple (which is a mix of pumpkin, apple, and clove). I like Bonfire because it makes the house feel cozy and reminds me of family and friends sitting in our pasture around the (real) bonfire. I like the Pumpkin Apple candles because they make the house smell like fresh baked pies.
Lorainia Riverrider
My MC is a... Diricawl

Return to Just A Little Hocus Pocus