Task 4: Sliding down the Icy Slide

Moderator: Mia Fountain

Task 4: Sliding down the Icy Slide

Postby Mia Fountain » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:08 pm

While wandering around the festival you spotted a long icy slide with a line of people waiting to use it. Solve this sliding puzzle to go down the slide. Alternatively, tell us about the other things you’ve seen at the festival in 100 words or more.

Icy slide puzzle

Pm Mia Fountain your completed puzzle or post about your time exploring the festival below by January 31 by 11:59 pm HOL time, to earn 10 beans.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Re: Task 4: Sliding down the Icy Slide

Postby Harry Walles » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:15 am

The amazing festival was definitely a big thing. The amount of things I have managed to see would definitely take more than 100 words to describe so I am just going to focus on the things I enjoyed the most.

One of the things I saw was a huge machine, which allowed people to make their own teddy bears. Each teddy bear could have a t-shirt or a jumper with the 'Winter Festival' written on it. I absolutely loved it and made myself a lovely teddy bear with a t-shirt.

I also really enjoyed the winter theme park with a huge rollercoaster!
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Louis Walles » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:19 am

The Winter Festival offers a lot of different activities. I think what struck me the most was certainly the Theme Park. Like Harry mentioned, the rollercoaster was absolutely huge and I had to go on it. It was not my idea though. I am old and I get dizzy on rollercoasters but I have a little devil by my side, aka my son. So I was left with no choice at all.

I also really liked the coffee shop too. They had plenty of choices for both drinks and desserts. They have an absolutely delicious tiramisu. I had to take two pieces!
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Emily Spencer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:30 pm

The Winter Festival certainly has a lot to see!! Like Louis, one of the first things that caught my eye was the giant rollercoaster. Being a bit of a daredevil, I was determined to take my tun on it. Let me tell you; it was everything that I expected it to be and more. A good rollercoaster will cause your heart to plummet down to the bottom of your stomach, and this one, with all of its twists, turns, and sharp drops achieved just that!

Of course, what better way to calm one's nerves than with a big steaming mug of cocoa?! Heading to the Hot Beverage booth set up (conveniently, I might add) in close proximity to the roller coaster, I ordered my treat and sat at a nearby table to watch the sights. What a glorious night indeed!
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:28 am

When I got my ticket, a gust of wind somehow took it up onto the sky.

Groaning, I looked up to see the lightest of snows gently beginning to drift down from the silver-blue sky filled with dark yet puffy clouds.

The Ravenclaw attendant laughed, waving me on to enjoy the fun times ahead.

“No worries!”

The first thing I did once inside was grab a cup of cocoa (no marshmallows), nom the whipped cream off in a second, and start taking tiny sips. Once it had minute to cool and my mouth adjusted to the high temperature I took a few bigger swigs, making room for the small coffee I purchased next to dump over the top of my cocoa.

“Mmm,” I was so happy to enjoy this combination, it had been quite a while since I’d had it.

After taking some time to sculpt a rabbit out of ice, then build a tricksy little snowman (“Let’s call mine Squirmy!” I said to a friend), I decided it was time to do some more exploring around.

One thing I was shocked to fine was how many amazing igloos and various forms of snow-and-ice made dwellings were spattered around the festival. I poked my head into a few, and was overcome by the scope of detail.

Even sat on a frigid couch and chatted with the witch who built one of them who told me she’s been building a new one for the past three years and only just placed as a finalist in the competition that’s been going on all morning.

I think my favorite part of the festival was the food though. Oh my gosh, the food! Okay, okay, I mostly ate dough boys (as USUAL) slathered in melted butter with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar, but there wasn’t a thing I tried that wasn’t exceptional.

And I suppose having a conveniently placed nap area set up in one of the cozier tents wound up being just the perfect way for me to sleep off some of those calories!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Return to Winter Festival