Introduction and Welcome

Moderator: Prof. Kendra Givens

Introduction and Welcome

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:34 pm

This summer in Ravenclaw, we’re going to take a tour of a muggle city! We’ll spend the next few weeks touring various muggle museums and learning about the muggle world. My plan is to take you to visit the local planetarium, aquarium, zoo, and art museum. Remember to stick together as a group - it’s easy to get lost in a big city!

Each task you complete will earn you 10 beans. All tasks will be due by August 21st at 11:59pm HOL time. Any task that requires an emailed submission can be sent to me at kgivens1072 @ gmail.com (no spaces). If you get stuck on anything or have any questions, feel free to send me an email, HOL or Roost message, or find me on IRC. If, for accessibility reasons, you would like an alternative puzzle option for any of our activities, let me know and I’m more than happy to work something out with you.

The bus is about to depart - leave a comment below if you’re climbing aboard to go touring with us! Tell us which part you’re most excited about or what you’re hoping to see. Have a wonderful time!
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Re: Introduction and Welcome

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:20 am

I hear that in some Muggle "aquariums", people can actually go in the water (equipped with some Muggle gear) and swim with animals such as dolphins, whales, and even killer whales! The killer whale is my Animagus form, so this sounds like a great opportunity even if I have to use the Muggle gear instead of simply transforming...
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Emily Spencer » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:42 am

I can't wait to visit the art museum! I love various art mediums, and I've heard that Muggles have some stunning pieces that I can't wait to see. I've read some about their different artistic periods such as Baroque, Rennaisance, Modern, etc., and find them fascinating. I have no artistic talent whatsoever myself, but can certainly still appreciate it!
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:38 pm

I'm looking forward to visit the Planetarium, Aquarium, and Art Museum! Really excited to go there.
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Postby Aura Nightmoon » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:35 pm

I am coming on the tour as well. I am thrilled about the planetarium. Astronomy is my favorite class, and I have always loved visiting muggle planetariums with my mom and little sisters. I am also excited about the art museum because I recently finished an art appreciation course in muggle school before coming to Hogwarts! Maybe I'll see some of the pieces that I studied!
Aura Nightmoon
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Skylar Peyton » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:27 am

I want to come along for the tour as well. I am most looking forward to the zoo and the aquarium. I love animals and i have been to 1 muggle zoo before, it is really fascinating, especially the wolves, foxes, and lions! I also love marine animals. Dolphins are my absolute favorite marine animal.
Skylar Peyton
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Elysia Guerin » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:23 am

I am looking forward to visit the Aquarium and Art Museum!
—Thank you for this beautiful siggy, Silvana Mandeville.
Elysia Guerin
My MC is a... Ramora

Return to Tour of the City