Planetarium Task 4

Moderator: Prof. Kendra Givens

Planetarium Task 4

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:47 pm

As we are leaving the planetarium and getting ready to head over to the aquarium, you start to daydream about discovering your own planet. Choose one of the three images below and add some color to design your own planet! Completed designs will earn you 10 beans. 5 bonus beans if you can tell us the name of your planet and any other interesting information about it. Can your planet sustain life? Does it have any moons? Tell us anything!

You are more than welcome to color more than one planet, but you'll only earn beans for the first one you post. Post your completed creation below or send it to kgivens1072 @ gmail.com by August 21st at 11:59PM HOL time.

Planet One
Planet Two
Planet Three
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Re: Planetarium Task 4

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:19 pm

Planet One:

Planet Two:

Planet Three:
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Postby Aura Nightmoon » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:43 pm

My planet is called Sylesar 51 Pegasi c, and it is an exoplanet near the star 51 Pegasi, which actually happens to be classified as a sun. Because Sylesar is so near a sun, it has a gaseous atmosphere with a mix of carbon dioxide and methane similar to that of the well-known planet Venus. Astronomers do not know much about this planet quite yet, but it was discovered as part of the project Sylvanar Exoplanet Search Array, which is how it got it's shortened name of Sylesar with 51 Pegasi c meaning that it was discovered near the star 51 Pegasi and was the third discovery made, 51 Pegasi b, a nearby exoplanet, being the second. Astronomers were intrigued by the colors of the planet, considering only two pink-colored planets have been discovered in the galaxy to date. They are hoping to learn more as they continue to study the planet and its surroundings.
Aura Nightmoon
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:02 am

This planet is called Nrutas. Nrutas is approximately six light years away from Earth, orbiting a star that Muggles know as "Barnard's star". While Muggles have long suspected that this star had a planet, Nrutas has eluded their eyes so far.

Nrutas's most prominent feature is a large, magenta ring. On one side of the ring the surface is fiery hot, melting human skin to the touch. Below the ring, the surface is made up of frigid dry ice with liquid nitrogen pools beneath it! Needless to say, nothing that Muggle humans would recognize as 'life' could survive on Nrutas. However, there is a medium-sized dragon colony on the fiery-hot side, though every once in a while a dragon tries to fly across the ring and immediately plummets to death thanks to the cold!
Last edited by Prof. Will Lestrange on Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Reyyan Azkendra » Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:49 am

It's mine~
Reyyan Azkendra
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Harry Walles » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:31 pm

This is 'Harundia' and it is a planet that can be found near the Black Hole. Because of its location,there is no chance for the humans to live on this planet as the force of the Black Hole would swallow any living creature. It does not have any moons and there is no day or night. There is just one season there - winter. Temperatures can reach -120 Celsius!
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Louis Walles » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:39 pm

This planet is called 'Lumio' and it is rather closely located to the Milky Way. It has similar atmosphere to Earth and so many scientists argue we could eventually end up living there!
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Return to Tour of the City