Zoo - Task 4

Moderator: Prof. Kendra Givens

Zoo - Task 4

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:34 pm

Our time at the zoo was quite adventurous! For this task, you should write at least 100 words describing something wild or strange that occurred at the zoo today. Did an animal escape an enclosure and chase you? Did you get sprayed by an elephant? Did a monkey throw something at someone? The level of chaos is up to you. 100 words posted below will earn you 10 beans. Remember to please keep your ideas HOL appropriate!
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Re: Zoo - Task 4

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:50 am

I was minding my own business, walking towards the primate exhibition when suddenly I saw a round sphere whizzing towards me like a Bludger. I dodged at the last minute and saw the sphere explode onto the pavement, sending brown and white bits hurtling everywhere. I looked around and saw a tree, where a monkey was picking another round sphere and preparing to throw it at passers-by! It was apparent that the spheres were coconuts, which are a special type of fruit that we almost never see whole here (though they make an appearance in plenty of curries, desserts, and other types of sweet and savoury treats). My instinct was to use magic to protect myself and others from the monkey somehow, but I wasn't going to reveal myself in a Muggle setting. Instead I needed to flee to safety until the monkeys all calmed down! Fortunately I was able to sprint over to the zebras, which were out of range of the coconut-throwing monkeys...
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Louis Walles » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:54 pm

I decided to watch the monkeys for some time today. When I approached their enclosure, I spotted a man doing some magic tricks and showing them to the monkeys. They seemed to enjoy it quite a lot and even at some point they tried to copy the magic trick. One of them took a small pebble and tried to hide it from the second monkey to then pull it from behind its friend's ear. Long story short, the monkey magician decided to throw the pebble away and so then had absolutely nothing to 'take' from behind his friend's ear, ooops.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:56 pm

While I was sitting on a bench in the zoo, I decided to relax a bit. I pulled out a water bottle and sat more comfortably. However, that was not given. Suddenly a huge peacock emerged out of the blue and started approaching me. I decided to keep drinking thinking nothing is going to happen but then as I was swallowing the peacock (who was already inches away from my leg) decided to scream. This scared me so much that half of my water ended up all over me and on the ground. Then the peacock decided to leave, how rude.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Return to Tour of the City