Sun - Task #01 - “Uncovering the Elements”

Moderators: Mia Fountain, Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Amy Smith, Silvana Mandeville

Sun - Task #01 - “Uncovering the Elements”

Postby Amy Smith » Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:24 pm

You are on your way to the library to to get some homework done for one of your classes, however when your about about to take the book pertaining to the subject that your doing homework for, something else catches your eye....

You take the book and see that it's about the Sun, you remember your parents telling your about the Sun and how it is located in the center of the solar system and they tell you many other things about it as well. You being an avid reader, start reading the book.

After a while, your hear someone say, "Ah, the book on the sun is quite interesting" You turn upon hearing the voice and find the person to be none other than the heat Miser. Your tell them about all that you learned through this book and how much fun you had reading it. Then you ask the Heat Miser to ask you some questions and the Miser agrees to it

But, instead of asking you questions the Heat Miser tells you that he would give you a set of words, however those words would be scrambled and you would have to decode it.

Task:
Solve the anagrams below to complete the task that the Heat Miser gave you.

1. Hsoilpreehe
2. Ihumei
3. Ohygrdne
4. Splaam
5. Uvoilteltra
6. Vaenouerps
7. Dre iatgn
8. Rarefdni diaraonit
9. Onbrac
10.orni

Alternatively, please write about the Sun in 150 words.

Please send your answers to me & Prof. Sindor Aloyarc via a PM.

This task is worth 10 beans with an additional 10 bonus beans for completing all Week One tasks by end of activity. Deadline is 11:59pm (HOL time) on Monday November 28th.
Amy Smith
Prefect

Re: Sun - Task #01 - “Uncovering the Elements”

Postby Harry Walles » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:51 pm

There are so many different good explanation of what is sun exactly. However, I believe that this one is the best I have found so far! Enjoy!

The Sun is the star at the center of our solar system. It is a big ball of gas and plasma that generates its own energy through nuclear fusion in its core. As our one and only star, it is the only natural source of light in the entire solar system. The planets, dwarf planets, asteroids, comets, and other objects in the solar system orbit the Sun. The only exceptions are moons, which, in turn, orbit planets, dwarf planets, and even asteroids. Still, moons are also dependent on the Sun just like any other object.The Sun provides us with the light and energy we need for life here on Earth. In the morning, when the Sun rises, our daily activities start as well.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Re: Sun - Task #01 - “Uncovering the Elements”

Postby Louis Walles » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:53 pm

As Harry mentioned most of what I wanted to include as well, I decided to share some fun facts about the sun, some more some less known to others!

The energy created by the Sun’s core is nuclear fusion. This huge amount of energy is produced when four hydrogen nuclei are combined into one helium nucleus.

The Sun is almost a perfect sphere. Considering the sheer size of the Sun, there is only a 10 km difference in its polar and equatorial diameters—this makes it the closest thing to a perfect sphere observed in nature.

The Sun is traveling at 220 km per second (137 miles per second). It is around 24,000–26,000 light-years from the galactic center. Also, it takes the Sun approximately 225–250 million years to complete one orbit of the center of the Milky Way.

The Sun accounts for 99.86% of the mass in the solar system. It has a mass of around 330,000 times that of Earth. It is three-quarters hydrogen and most of its remaining mass is helium.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Return to BB0 2022: Miserly Mischief