Winter - Task #09. - “Yule Ball”

Moderators: Mia Fountain, Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Amy Smith, Silvana Mandeville

Winter - Task #09. - “Yule Ball”

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:57 am

Of the many robes lying on your bed, you choose the one that is best for you. After making sure that you look good, you decided to join the party. Confidently, you walked into the Great Hall. Music, food, beautiful decorations make a feeling of happiness spreading within yourself. You walk up to your friends, ready to enjoy the party.

"You look fantastic," the Snow Miser says, commenting on the light blue knee-length dress you're wearing. A hand is stretched out in front of you, asking you for a dance, you happily take it.

Task:
Of course, what we use has a big effect on the event itself, so don't make the wrong choice when choosing your costume. For 10 beans, with any media or your own drawing, create your costume for Yule Ball. Alternatively, describe the costume in 100 words or more. Post your costume below, remember to keep the image in max 600x600 px.

Another 10 beans will be given to you if you completed all Week Three tasks by the end of activity, on November 28th, 11:59 HOL-time.
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Re: Winter - Task #09. - “Yule Ball”

Postby Rhaneyra Black » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:32 am

I have been planning my yule ball dress for ever. The dress that I would use, would be black in color, however in each hidden pleat there will be a shimmer of fairy dust, so that when I turn, it will be like seeing a glimmer of silver. The dress will stop by my feet and give the illusion of a body hugging dress. However when you twirl it flares out. There will be diamantes on the ends and little streaks of midnight blue hidden in the pleats. The shoes are going to be a kitten heel, and will also be a midnight blue in color. The style on the top of the dress will be almost like a toga, wherein I would use a mesh like undershirt. (Fun fact I have an outfit exactly like this.)
Rhaneyra Black
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:43 am

now if only there was actual fire coming out of the jacket!
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Kalgri Sicaria » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:29 pm

My dress for the Yule Ball would be a light peach colour, covered in sparkling crystals. It would be a ballgown design that touched the floor. I would have some sort of enchantment on the bottom hem of the dress that would give the appearance of small flames when the skirt flares outwards. The design of the dress is intended to give the appearance of a flame covered in tiny ice crystals. I would have an accessory in my hair shaped a little like a candle flame, and made of the same material as the dress, to make it look like I am the flame.
Kalgri Sicaria
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:35 pm

A simple plum colored dress is all I would need.

Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Prof. Felicia Hartwick » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:52 am

Ahhhhhhh memories of the Yule Ball. No "dress robes" for me... well not back in the day anyway. It's a Ball.. it says so in its name, so to me that a "get dressed up and fancy" type of event. So for me it would either be something shocking, like a red sequined gown or a classy, basic black gown... and that's the one I'm posting here

https://imgur.com/a/CrBSgL9
Prof. Felicia Hartwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Adeline Morior » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:42 pm

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Caius Magnusson » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:46 am

I decided to go with a look that blends traditional and contemporary. Although I know that many Wizards and Witches might shun the more modern additions to the look (particularly with the wristwatch), I like to angle for a look that's elegant, unique and striking. Perhaps I would be the only one to look like this at the Yule Ball, but I don't particularly mind that!
Caius Magnusson
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Ereshkigal Csintalan » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:12 pm

I am usually the type of person who avoids all formal events, especially ones that involve dressing up. It’s just not me. However, I decided to make an exception for this event. Not sure why but here we are.

I would be a semi-long dress and at the start of the evening, it would just look plain and boring. However, it would be specially charmed to change throughout the night. It would tell the story of our planet. For example, when the Big Bang happened, the plain dress would then be filled with things like stars and galaxies. So space themed. Then the earth would be the focus from that point onwards. We could see anything from life in the sea to plants and jungles, volcanos, the evolution of species, extinction events, and even small prints of creatures, both magical and mundane. It would be a dedication to the timeline and that is very me. It would be interesting to see how the colours change from all the natural greens and browns as the human portion of the timeline comes into effect. At the end of the night, it would go back to the colourful universe image as that’s always a nice design.

In terms of shoes, I’d wear something flat and comfortable. I value comfort over style any day of the week.
Ereshkigal Csintalan
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Louis Walles » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:06 pm

Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:06 pm

Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Return to BB0 2022: Miserly Mischief