Darkness - Task #13. - “Glowing in the Dark”

Moderators: Mia Fountain, Prof. Sindor Aloyarc, Amy Smith, Silvana Mandeville

Darkness - Task #13. - “Glowing in the Dark”

Postby Amy Smith » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:57 pm

You are on your way to the Care of Magical Creatures class and you find one of your friends giving out flyers for some sort of party. You approach them and they give you a flyer as well as, when you look at it you see that it's an invitation for a glowstick party that was taking place at the same day. You had heard a lot about the glowstick party and have always wanted to go to one and now you finally could.

You remember everything that your friends had told about this party, like how they use glowsticks that glow when you turn off the lights, there's a lot of dancing and music and many more things. You get excited and wait for it to become dark so that you could go to the party.

After hours of waiting it was finally time for the party, so you go to the location that it was taking place at. What you see next just puts you in awe of the location.

Task:
Please write about your experience at the party, what you saw, the food that you ate, if you danced or not and so on in about 100 words and please post it below.

This task is worth 10 beans with an additional 10 bonus beans for completing all Week Four tasks by end of activity. Deadline is 11:59pm (HOL time) on Monday November 28th.
Amy Smith
Prefect

Re: Darkness - Task #13. - “Glowing in the Dark”

Postby Rhaneyra Black » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:15 pm

As soon as I walked into the area, that the party was being held in, I was awestruck, there were so many people there, from all different houses. It was such a rush, I was dressed in a white shirt and blue jeans and had these many glow sticks attached to me that some of my friends had given to me, it was a glowstick that attached to my neck like a chain, and bracelets that were glowsticks. When the lights went off, everyone was jumping around and dancing to the tune of the music, it was so vibrant, so fun, people were bumping each other and trying to get into the groove of the music, when we were tired, we drank butterbeer, sparkling grape juice, and orange juice, there were small treats for us to eat. Like finger sandwiches, biscuits, candies everything was so delicious, and the music just made me get in such a good groove.
Rhaneyra Black
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Adeline Morior » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:23 pm

As I arrived, I was handed a headpiece with glow sticks folded into cat ears, a few glow stick bangles and a handful of different-colored sticks at the door. I moved in to find the place illuminated in neon. Sticks on the floor, on peoples heads, arms, ankles, on the tables, some hanging from the roof and a lot of smoke and lights as people were dancing to the music. The atmosphere immediately sets you in the mood to dance and have fun. There were tables set up with a few drink options, some punch bowls and a lot of snacks and pastries, chips and.. omw chicken nuggets. THAT is where I belong, my friends. I noticed a very strong urge to just relax and move with the rhythm as everyone moves and dances as one. I started to dance and move my way to the food table, grab a few nugs and just enjoy the party. I mean, I have cat ears. How is this not great!

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:31 pm

When I get to the party I'm immediately handed a couple glowstick necklaces and glowstick bracelets that I put on right away. I look around to find my friends but it is actually kinda hard in the dark even with the glowsticks waving around. There's a little light I can tell, just enough at the food and drinks table so people can see what is there. I head there first just so I don't have to strain my eyes too much while looking in the dark room with waving glowsticks, necklaces, and bracelets. I grab a butterbeer and two chocolate frogs. I got a card of former Headmaster Armando Dippet and the other is of Cyprian Youdle.

I don't end up dancing. I actually end up leaving after drinking my butterbeer and eating the chocolate frogs. The dark plus the waving of different color glowsticks was too much for me and starting giving me a headache. I'm disappointed that I didn't end up enjoying the party at all and instead have to go to the hospital wing for something for my headache now.

(OOC: This actually happens to me and it sucks. I never enjoyed any of my school dances because they ended up being too dark with too many flashing lights lol)
Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:03 am

For some reason I was expecting the party to be pitch black; however, when I went into the party room, I saw a series of swirls of different colours off in the distance. As I walked in, I picked up my glowstick - which I noticed was swirled with bronze and silver. I was able to use it as a Muggle flashlight (did it have a Lumos charm in it, somehow?) and walked towards the drinks table where I found a frothy, bronze liquid that I immediately recognized as Butterbeer in mugs. After having a delicious mug, I moved to the centre of the room to start dancing with my glowstick!

The music was a bit unfamiliar, but that didn't stop me from dancing in time with everyone else. It was surprisingly fun!
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Caius Magnusson » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:20 pm

Bright lights are probably my favourite style of visual art! It should be no surprise, then, that I made sure to join the party and enjoy the night, even if I am not a huge fan of dancing. For me, just being around with friends and talk to the people I am the closest to is more than enough.

The food, likewise, was surprisingly good. I tend to be a very picky eater, but I saw that they had a few mini hot dogs available for people to eat - and that is where my sights were set to. I would have enjoyed them more if they were served with fries too, but they were really good nevertheless. I sat there, enjoying the patterns of light created by the movement of the dancers and trying to see if any specific shapes came to mind - similarly to when people look at the sky and try to see animals in the clouds that float up high.
Caius Magnusson
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Kalgri Sicaria » Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:14 pm

I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly - maybe something like the Light Parties we used to have as children, where everyone wore glowing jewelery and body paint - but this party was completely on another level. It was so strange, accepting how dark it was, but also how colourful - with glowsticks of all shapes, sizes, and colours, magically suspended above our heads. When the music started the glowsticks began moving up and down, in careful patterns to match the music - creating pulsing waves of colour. I know that I ate and drank, but I honestly can't remember what! All I can think of is watching the glowsticks move as we danced for hours, seemingly without getting tired. It is a night I will never forget!
Kalgri Sicaria
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Ereshkigal Csintalan » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:48 pm

I love neon lights and pretty colours and this party had it all. I had also come prepared as I not only had the essential glowsticks, I had managed to find some Neon Face Paint that glows in the dark so I had that on and it worked really well. I really wanted to be in the moment and fit into the vibe of it all.

After looking around, I found the food table. This is usually my go-to place and it was all themed for the event. I had a little bit of everything and found that my favourite was the cake but that wasn’t a surprise. I found my friends and spent most of my time with them. It was either that or standing awkwardly in the corner looking at everything.

The music was a rather eclectic mix of old and modern stuff from every genre you could imagine. I danced to some of the songs I recognised but others were weirdly slow in an uncomfortable way and I didn’t know what to do at that point.

Overall, I had a really good night and I can't wait to see what the next party theme is.
Ereshkigal Csintalan
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Harry Walles » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:40 pm

The glowsticks were as amazing as I was promised. All witches and wizards who were in charge of them ordered them to create some crazy formation. They usually went for animal like shapes so I have seen cats, owls and even a ferret! After the show, the music appeared. People started to dance with the colourful lights glowing brightly above their heads. Without much doubt I decided to join them and so off we went with my friends to dance. After about fifteen minutes I decided to get something to drink. They offered something which tasted like Pepsi but it wasn't that.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Louis Walles » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:40 pm

I am not really into dancing so the first thing I do is to head towards the table, which is covered with plates, all full of different types of foods. I made it my goal to try at least one of each, making a mental note to avoid plates two and three as they had fish and I am not big on the sea food. I grabbed some fries and tarts, which looked like millionaires shortbread but certainly was not it, and I sat down on one of the benches. I watched people dancing and admiring the bright neon lights.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Aurelia West » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:39 am

I definitely had a blast at the party. There were lots of fun games around and I always enjoy glow-in-the-dark concepts. From the moment I walked through the glowstick-laden curtain, it felt like I was stepping into a kind of futuristic space vortex and it was fun to see how different people wore their glowsticks. I saw a glowstick crown, necklace, and many variations on the classic bracelet. Some people only wore one while others were nearly glowing head to toe! I personally went for a simple look. While I like glowing in the dark, I don't typically want to be the center of attention. There was a sizable area cleared for dancing and I was glad that people decided to utilize the space. Dancing plus glowsticks always creates some interesting visuals!
Aurelia West
My MC is a... Jobberknoll

Return to BB0 2022: Miserly Mischief