Task 6

Moderator: Silvana Mandeville

Task 6

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:48 am

It wouldn't be completed at Christmas without cookies, right? So you decided to look for recipes.

Task: Share below a recipe of cakes or cookies for all of us.
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Re: Task 6

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:58 pm

Chocolate Crinkles

Ingredients
3 eggs
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
½ cup cooking oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
Sifted powdered sugar

Mixing Directions
In large mixing bowl beat eggs, granulated sugar, chocolate, oil, baking powder, and vanilla with electric mixer until it is combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Cover and chill dough for 1-2 hours or until it is easy to handle.

Baking Directions
Shape dough into 1" balls. Roll the balls in the powdered sugar, coating generously. Place balls an inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in oven at 375°F (190°C) for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and tops are cracked. Let cool and sprinkle more powdered sugar on top if desired.

Recipe makes about 48 cookies.
Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Prof. Felicia Hartwick » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:12 am

Italian Pizzelle Cookies

Equipment

Pizzelle maker

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter melted and cooled
4 eggs
1 tablespoon anise or vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder

Instructions

Preheat pizzelle iron and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs, anise or vanilla extract, and baking powder. Drop slightly rounded tablespoons of batter on to pizzelle iron and close.

Bake as directed by manufacturer or until golden brown, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Using a nonstick spatula, remove each pizzelle to a cooling rack; repeat with remaining batter.

Cool completely and dust with powdered sugar if desired.
Prof. Felicia Hartwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:06 am

I remember making this with my parents in advance of the New Year when I was young...
Grandma Gorman's Chocolate Cake

INGREDIENTS
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus butter for greasing pan
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus flour for dusting
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
Pinch of salt
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg
1 cup sugar
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

RECIPE
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour an 8- or 9-inch round baking pan.
2) Melt the 4 tablespoons butter and the chocolate together in the top of a double boiler. Stir until smooth. Mix the flour, salt and baking soda together.
3) Beat the egg and sugar together until the mixture is very light and falls in a ribbon when the beater is lifted. Stir in the melted butter and chocolate while they are still hot.
4) Stir in the flour mixture alternately with the milk. Stir in the vanilla.
5) Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake about 35 minutes, until the surface is slightly springy to the touch. Serve warm or cooled.
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Adeline Morior » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:17 am

Chocolate Coffee Condensed Milk truffles bites.

Ingredients:

Cocoa
Condensed Milk
¼ Tsp Coffee

Instructions:

Depending on how many you want to make. Add the Condensed milk to a mixing bowl. I start with 1 can (395g). Grind the Coffee in a separate bowl to a fine powder and mix it with the cocoa. I usually start with about 30g cocoa (¼ cup). Slowly start to add the cocoa mixture to the Condensed milk and mix it in. Mix in as much as the consistency you would like the truffles to be. At this point I just add until I see a consistency I like. (A fudge-like consistency that can be hand rolled is good) Once mixed, you can either flatten the mix out in a tray lined with a baking paper sheet and cut it into squares or you can roll out little balls with your hands and put them in the tray. Dust some cocoa on top or roll the truffle balls in the cocoa to give them a rounded look. Put it in the fridge for 1-2 hours.

Enjoy.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Louis Walles » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:21 pm

Ingredients

375g good quality dark chocolate
375g butter, cut into pieces
500g caster sugar
6 medium eggs
225g plain flour

For the topping

140g good quality dark chocolate
50g butter, cut into pieces
icing sugar for dusting

Method

STEP 1

Butter and line a 30cm x 21cm tin. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Break up the chocolate with the butter and melt in the microwave on medium for about 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
STEP 2

Beat the sugar and eggs in a bowl. Stir in the melted chocolate, add the flour and beat well. Pour into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top looks papery and feels slightly wobbly. Leave to cool in the tin.
STEP 3

If you're making the topping, break up the chocolate with the butter and melt in the microwave on medium for about 1 minute. Stir until smooth then spread over the cake. Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:25 pm

Ingredients
150g salted butter, softened
80g light brown muscovado sugar
80g granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
225g plain flour
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp salt
200g plain chocolate chips or chunks

Method
STEP 1
Heat the oven to 190C/fan170C/gas 5 and line two baking sheets with non-stick baking paper.

STEP 2
Put 150g softened salted butter, 80g light brown muscovado sugar and 80g granulated sugar into a bowl and beat until creamy.

STEP 3
Beat in 2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 large egg.

STEP 4
Sift 225g plain flour, ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda and ¼ tsp salt into the bowl and mix it in with a wooden spoon.

STEP 5
Add 200g plain chocolate chips or chunks and stir well.

STEP 6
Use a teaspoon to make small scoops of the mixture, spacing them well apart on the baking trays. This mixture should make about 30 cookies.

STEP 7
Bake for 8–10 mins until they are light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre if you press them.

STEP 8
Leave on the tray for a couple of mins to set and then lift onto a cooling rack.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Alyanna Azheera » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:47 am

Chocolate Muffins

Ingredients
125g plain flour
25g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
60g caster sugar
2 tbsp vegetable oil
100ml whole milk
50g chocolate chips (optional)
100g icing sugar

Method
STEP 1
Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a muffin tin with six muffin cases. Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a medium bowl. Mix together the egg, sugar, oil and milk together in a jug, then gradually pour into the dry ingredients (add chocolate chips now to make double chocolate muffins, if you like) and mix until combined.

STEP 2
Spoon the mixture evenly into the cake cases and bake for 20-25 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.

STEP 3
Meanwhile, gradually mix ½-1 tbsp water into the icing sugar until you have a loose consistency that's not too runny. Drizzle the icing over the muffins once cool.
Break your limit, go Infinite
Alyanna Azheera
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Return to Winter Wonderland