Task 9

Moderator: Silvana Mandeville

Task 9

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:25 am

While the other team are busy looking for foods and drinks, your team are going to buy the tree.

Task: Tell us what tree you usually buy when Christmas. Is it a real tree? And where you would buy them?
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Re: Task 9

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:53 pm

Used to buy real trees but recently been using a fake tree since there's less pine needles everywhere but also don't have to spend so much money on something that'll die so soon after buying it.

Used to get the real trees from parking lot tree sellers. They'd set up an area in a Wal-Mart or Sears (when it was around) parking lot. The fake tree we bought from a hardware store.
Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Aurelia West » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:47 pm

Growing up we would always set up a fake tree, and though it was fake, it was one of the highlights of the season. Now, I honestly don't have a tree, but would love to purchase a small fake one. Hopefully it will be one that comes with lights and is easy to store. I'd probably just get one from a place like Target, but if I could find a cute one elsewhere, that'd be great!
Aurelia West
My MC is a... Jobberknoll

Postby Prof. Felicia Hartwick » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:02 pm

Growing up we always had an artificial tree, but once I got married and moved to upstate NY, we always had a real tree. And I love it! The scent of fresh pine in the house is wonderful. We have always gone to the same tree nursery to get our trees, Bob's Trees in Galway, NY. We would go with friends and family on the 2nd Saturday of December. Our numbers have dwindled over the years as the kids all grew up, but when they were little, we would have our own little caravan of about 12 families going up into the fields of trees to cut down our Christmas trees. And after everyone got their tree, it would be time for the Annual Christmas Tree Outing Picture. We would (and still do) pose in front of the red sleigh and cram everyone in and around it and there was (and is) someone near by who would take the picture for us. Last year was out 30th Anniversary of this tree outing and Tom, (the organizer of this event) made up a photo book of all the yearly pictures. It's great to sit by the tree now and look through the pages and remember all the fun times.

We went a week ago to get the tree, our numbers were few, only around 12, but we still had a ball.
Prof. Felicia Hartwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:12 am

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever actually gone shopping for trees around this time of year! But if I were going to buy one, it would likely have to be small and easy to take care of (or I might go the 'easy' way out and get some sort of fake tree; that said, it would have to be small regardless!

Now, if I were to help someone else buy a tree for their own home, I would probably listen carefully to what they want and look for one that fits their description as closely as possible! If magic wasn't an option, I would likely pay extra for someone else to carefully transport it to their destination... who wants a broken tree?
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Harry Walles » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:54 am

Growing up, my family had only real tree but I have never really had a real tree once I moved out. Simply because the idea of cleaning up the needles really annoyed me and so I know I would not have been bothered to deal with it.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Louis Walles » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:57 am

I actually never had a real Christmas tree, just the plastic one. All the ones I had even as a child were fake. Mostly the reason was that we could not afford a real one. I agree with Harry. Plenty of my clients have real trees and the amount of needles falling off is enormous. I would not want to clean it up!
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Adeline Morior » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:13 pm

we don't use real trees here. We have a small table size tree we pack up and take out every year. I usually take effort to decorate it but this year I just threw everything on I could find so now it looks like a unicorn puked over it. Colourful but messy and un organized. Kind of represents this year. Haha :lol:

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Alyanna Azheera » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:06 am

Well ... I think it's kinda risk if use a real tree. So my team decide to buy fake tree on store, it can reuse for the Christmas and not take too much step to clean it after party.
Break your limit, go Infinite
Alyanna Azheera
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Return to Winter Wonderland