Task 11

Moderator: Silvana Mandeville

Task 11

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:27 am

The tree and the ornaments finally arrived at the company, it's time for you to decorated it.

Task: Please decorated your tree. You can write it in 100 words or more, or you can choose to do graphic or draw it yourself.
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Re: Task 11

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:25 pm

Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Aurelia West » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:57 am

This year, when it came to decorating the tree, I decided I would play the part of person-on-a-ladder. Luckily my years of helping with light hangs and focuses have made me more comfortable working up high. Unfortunately, string lights brought out of storage from last year tend to be supremely difficult to untangle prior to tree decoration. It felt like it took ages to get everything sorted, so by then I was already tired of decorating and we hadn't even got to the actual decorating! I had a team member holding the string of lights as I tried to get everything settled just right, then we hung ornaments all over. I think our team definitely has a good selection of ornaments this year!
Aurelia West
My MC is a... Jobberknoll

Postby Prof. Felicia Hartwick » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:16 pm

https://imgur.com/a/kG1rA6F

Tree trimming this year was a week affair. We always seem to get a Douglas Fir tree, I like it because the needles are on the softer side. We got the tree 2 Saturdays ago, and before we had a chance to get it in the house, we had a huge snow storm and then the family all got sick. It finally made it into the house on Tuesday, but no one had the energy to decorate until the 17th. First, of course, the lights go on. This is the job I don't really enjoy, but it's more for the checking to make sure the lights work than the actual putting them on the tree. Next, the ornaments, there's a mix of ornaments really. Some are ornaments my kids made when in elementary school, some are ornaments I received from students over the years, some are one I made myself, some are ornaments we bought on vacations, or just ones we liked. I do have a few boxes of what we call the "vintage ornaments" (Shiny Bright ornaments), these are the ones handed down from my mom and dad that they used on their Christmas trees. They stay in the boxes, because mostly I'm afraid they will break and they are hard to come by now.
Prof. Felicia Hartwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:19 am

Decorating a tree without magic is always particularly challenging. I remember trying to help friends decorate their trees as a young kid, but no matter what I tried, the ornaments always fell off and sometimes even broke apart!

Fortunately for us, this is a magical company so I was free to use whatever Charms and other forms of magic needed to properly decorate the tree.

As such, I was able to get nearby rocks and Transfigure them into ornaments of various shape, colouration and decor - and then use various Levitation and Placement Charms to get the ornaments properly secured on the tree (no breakage at all!) Finally, a few Colour-Changing Charms would cause the tree itself to change between various colours every second; no need for Muggle lights and their always unreliable "eckel-tricity"!
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Louis Walles » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:52 am

Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:53 am

Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Adeline Morior » Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:42 pm

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Alyanna Azheera » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:19 am

Break your limit, go Infinite
Alyanna Azheera
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Return to Winter Wonderland