Task 2 - Puzzle

Moderator: Chantel Poole

Task 2 - Puzzle

Postby Chantel Poole » Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:01 pm

Puzzle Time!

Gary needs to map out what his route home needs to be and he needs your help!

Task:
Complete this maze:

Direct Link: Maze

Alternatively, tell us about a time you had to find your way home, and what tools or people you used to help you get there, minimum of 100 words.

Send your completed maze by email (with your HOL name included) to chantelpoole.hol@gmail.com and sindoraloyarc@gmail.com, or post about finding your way home below, by January 31st at 11:59pm HOL time to earn 10 beans.
Chantel Poole
My MC is a... Lethifold

Re: Task 2 - Puzzle

Postby Grace Blossom » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:38 pm

The first time I took the train back home from school, I was quite nervous. My mum had shown me how to view train times, what platforms to go on and that I had to be in the first 8 carriages because my local train station had a short platfrom. I waited for the train doors to open and the stepped in, looking at all the other people that were sitting down. It was actually quite quiet which I now find a little unusual. Anyway, I went in and walked through a few carriages until I was in maybe the 9th or 10th carriage. I sat down with my bag and patiently waited until it was my stop. After a quick 5 minutes I arrived at my station however, I had forgotten it was a short platform! I only realised when, after a bit of struggling trying to get the doors to open, a kind lady sitting close to the doors reminded me. In panic, I rushed to one of the front carriages but unfortunately, the doors had closed just as I got there. I had to get off at the next stop and call my mum asking her what to do. Good thing she said she would pick me up.
Grace Blossom

Re: Task 2 - Puzzle

Postby Emily Spencer » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:14 pm

My husband and I still laugh about this incident, although it wasn’t very funny at the time. For a bit of backstory, I’m originally from Houston, Texas, and if you’ve ever been there you know how much of a bear the traffic can be. I had absolutely no problem driving in it. I also have no problem navigating the streets of Louisville. Keep that in mind for the next part of the story.

We were in a small country town in Tennessee visiting relatives. When I say ‘town’, it’s being kind. Yes, it was that small! We were staying up on the mountain, and for some inexplicable reason, it was decided that I should drive down the mountain and go to the feed store in the valley. No traffic, no problem, right? Well…

I made it to the valley and back up the mountain with no problem. Go me! It was up on the mountain, that I ran into trouble. There are no street signs and for the life of me, I could not remember which driveway was ours. I drove up and down that mountain three times before stopping at a little convenience store to use the phone (no reception on cell phones). I called the house and asked for directions.

They (my husband and his uncles) were all waiting for me in front of the house holding up big cardboard signs saying ‘turn here’ and waving towels and yelling. They actually cheered when I turned into the driveway. Needless to say, I was embarrassed beyond belief. So much for me driving in the country!
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Return to Pole to Pole: Get Gary Home!