Task 12 - Art

Moderator: Chantel Poole

Task 12 - Art

Postby Chantel Poole » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:47 pm

Art Time!

As Gary gets closer and closer to the North Pole, he is startled to see posters all over the place highlighted by the word “MISSING!!” His heart skips a beat, assuming it’s about himself! Upon further inspection, he realizes that he and the sleigh are not the only things which have been misplaced recently.

Task:
Create a Poster showcasing the thing missing in the North Pole (Not Gary and the Sleigh of course)! Perhaps mention who to contact once said thing(s) are found, or describe if there’s any kind of reward. Feel free to be as festive, silly, and creative as you like! Remember that images embedded into your reply should be kept within 600x600px unless linked elsewhere.

Alternatively, describe a time you’ve lost something important to you in 100 words or more. What was the significance, and did it ever turn up again? How did the experience make you feel?

OR

Describe what is missing in as many details as you can, with at least 100 words.

Post below by January 31st at 11:59pm HOL time to earn 10 beans.
Chantel Poole
My MC is a... Lethifold

Re: Task 12 - Art

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:29 am

The missing item was not Gary or a sleigh, but rather a special crown that was traditionally kept at the North Pole itself! The crown itself was made out of white gold and embedded with plenty of blue sapphires, making it appear as a gorgeous blue and white from a distance. While no one has actually ever worn the crown, Gary had long since dreamt of being the one to wear the crown atop his head since it was the perfect size and shape to fit atop a young penguin such as himself. And how did the crown go missing? It turns out the North Pole is on water, not on land; although the water is normally in the form of frozen ice (making a safe enough resting place for crowns), a shift in the ice caused the crown to fall from its perch into the ocean! Since penguins such as Gary can swim, it would not be surprising at all if Gary himself was the one to retrieve the crown...
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Maeve Madden » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:46 pm

When I was about eight years old, my grandmother gave me one of her rings as a gift. She told me it was a family heirloom and that I was to keep it safe until I was able to wear it (it was much too big for my tiny fingers!). It was a silver ring with an amethyst centre, and I absolutely adored it. Of course, being eight, I was not the most organized individual and I eventually lost the ring. I was devastated! I didn't tell my grandmother for fear of her being mad at me, but I told my parents and they helped me look for it. Unfortunately, we could not find it anywhere. Flash forward about twelve years to when I am getting ready to move out. All my things were in boxes, and nooks and crannies were explored that had never been explored before. Lo and behold, the ring was found! I was ecstatic, especially now that I could wear it. I wear the ring every day, and when I have to take it off, I make sure to keep it in a safe place where I absolutely know I'll find it again.
Maeve Madden
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Louis Walles » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:02 am

Oh I will never forget when I have lost my favourite plush toy. I was in Tesco with my mum and I was unwilling to wait for our products to get scanned so I walked to the window and played with my plush dog. After she packed everything, we left the shop only to discover later at home that my toy was missing. We went back to the shop but the toy was nowhere to be found. I was completely devastated and was extensively looking for it on the way but unfortunately I have never found him. I was crying for two days.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Harry Walles » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:07 am

Similarly to Louis, I have once lost my favourite toy once. However, I want to talk about a rather funny moment in my life. I went to the bathroom in university once and as I did not have a bag with me and had a diary and a small USB stick with me, I have decided to just put it on the window, right outside the cubicle I was in. I was there for literally a minute or two. When I came out, my USB stick was gone. There was also no one in the bathroom. I was so confused and angry.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:10 pm

Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Dominick Salinas » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:46 pm

I lose things all the time. They do mostly eventually show up again, but, unfortunately, it is almost always after I've given up and purchased a replacement already :lol: One thing important to me that I haven't been able to find is a picture of me with my dad together at a local amusement park when I was a kid. He passed away unexpectedly going on 8 years ago, and we would always go to this amusement park together to ride the roller coasters and hang out. My parents always had enough money to pay the bills and we never worried about having basic things, but we didn't have a lot of extra spending money for entertainment, so the season passes to the amusement park were a special thing. When you go, they always have people taking pictures of you when you walk in, and one time my dad actually purchased the picture. Ever since he passed away, I have been searching for that picture but have been so far unsuccessful in locating it.
Dominick Salinas
My MC is a... Flobberworm

Postby Prof. Felicia Hartwick » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:10 am

I've lost things, but nothing that had a deep me... but I did lose something that had a deep meaning to my youngest daughter.

My family and I had gone down to visit my parents one Easter. After spending a lovely day of egg hunts, card games and good food, we headed home. We piled into the car and set off for home. The kids (ages 3, 5, and 9) fell asleep by the time we reached the highway. Midway home, one of them woke up and announced they had to go to the bathroom, so at the first rest stop, we stop. Everyone makes the trip into the rest stop to use the bathroom and then we loaded up back into the car. And that's where I believe we lost "Mouse Mouse", my youngest's stuffed toy. Some how, getting out of the car or back into the car "Mouse Mouse" must have fallen out of the car and no one noticed. It was a daily big stuffed animal so it would have been hard not to see it so we have no idea what happened to it. Was it under the car? Did someone find it while we were using the restrooms and decided it was a cute toy and took it for themselves? I don't know. All I know... it didn't make it home with us.

We get home carry everyone into the house and into bed and that's when I noticed we didn't have "Mouse Mouse." I called my mom to see if we left it there. No luck. We checked the car and double checked the car. Nothing. I dreaded the next morning when she would ask for for "Mouse Mouse." As I knew, she cried and was upset. You see she had the stuffed toy since she was 1 year old and took that thing everywhere. It took a couple of days, but she finally latched on to another stuffed animal but it really wasn't the same.

Fast forward, 13 years later, Christmas morning. The last present to be opened was one to the youngest. The tag on the gift read, "I finally made it back from the biggest adventure I've ever been on." Before she even opened it, the tears started to fall from her eyes. Through the tears, she mumbled, "I know what this is! I know what this is!" She unwrapped the gift, saw "Mouse Mouse" and cried harder.

Now, I must tell you, it wasn't the original "Mouse Mouse", but one I found on eBay! And I have to tell you, I was also in tears watching her open that gift. She took "Mouse Mouse with her when she went away to college, and moved to NYC. That stuffed animal meant so much to her and me!
Prof. Felicia Hartwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Ereshkigal Csintalan » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:13 pm

Ereshkigal Csintalan
My MC is a... Horklump

Postby Emily Spencer » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:18 pm

Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Postby Adeline Morior » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:28 pm

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Adeline Morior
Reserve Prefect

Postby Kalgri Sicaria » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:35 pm

Kalgri Sicaria
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Lex Green » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:47 pm

Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Return to Pole to Pole: Get Gary Home!