Part 7 - Too Late?

Moderator: Silvana Mandeville

Part 7 - Too Late?

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:42 am

A gift is in your hand now and since it's Valentine's week, you decided to give it to Anon then confess your love. But, when you are searching for Anon, you see them talking with someone. You eavesdrop and heard that the person also confessing their love to Anon. What would you do?

In 50 words or more, write your act and Anon response to yours.
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

Re: Part 7 - Too Late?

Postby Prof. Will Lestrange » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:29 am

I'm briefly worried that I was beaten to the punch, but then I realize that school romances that 'begin' on Valentine's Day really don't tend to last. So I simply wait my turn and offer my gift to Anon without trying to ask them out just yet; it's better if they just keep on thinking of me in the back of their mind when they're finally ready for something real!

And Anon ends up admiring my gift after all, thanking me, and sending me a warm smile; I then fly off in the opposite direction to ensure I linger on their mind for a bit longer...
Prof. Will Lestrange
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:01 am

At first I'd be sad that I missed my chance but I'd hang around a little ways away to wait for Anon to finish their conversation with the other person. I notice that when they part, the other person looks dejected and hurriedly walks away from Anon. I guess Anon turned them down and instead of giving my letter to them right away, I waited a few hours after classes to give it to them. We talk on the way to class and I'm happy to know that I still may have a chance that Anon will like me back.

After classes are finished, I hand my letter to Anon, smile shyly at them. I tell them "Happy Valentine's Day" and hurriedly walk away as my courage flees me. Also a letter isn't a letter if the person reads it with you right there. That's the point of the letter, they pass on messages you can't be there to give face to face.

I do look back before turning the corner and I see a slight smile on Anon's face and can't help the hope and love that fill my chest at the sight of it.
Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Emily Spencer » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:24 pm

As much as I fantasized about entering into a relationship with, this definitely puts a damper on things. My first inclination is to take my gift and go before being seen and made to feel more foolish than I already did. But when it comes to affairs of the heart, common sense does not always come into play.

I fiddled around with my backpack, feigning looking for some object or the other until their conversation was drawing to an end. I watched my rival move down the hall, and as fate would have it, Anon happened to look in my direction. Straightening up and kicking my backpack discreetly in front of my present, I offered him a shy smile and a cheerful greeting.

After several minutes of random conversation, I thrust out my package and informed him in what I hoped was a casual voice that it was for him. I waited breathlessly for his reaction, and was rewarded with a hearty thank you, a dazzling smile, and a rather awkward hug. I watched until he moved down the hall heading for his class, my heart fairly bursting with happiness. Take that other-girl!!
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Postby Harry Walles » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:45 pm

I do not care about what the other person is saying. As long as Anon does not reply back with the same or similar response, then I still have a chance to win his heart over and who knows? Maybe my gift would be better. When the person left, I approached Anon who seemed to be more interested in me than the other person.
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Louis Walles » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:46 pm

I decided to approach Anon anyways. As he turned around I could tell he was rather confused as to why I have flowers in my hand. After I made clear they are for him he thanked me politely and after a short small talk left. I think I am a bit too late.
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Return to Love Can’t Be Said