~ m i s s i n g | MUFFINS ~

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

~ m i s s i n g | MUFFINS ~

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Mon May 01, 2023 5:07 pm

After presenting the reasons how you’d narrowed it down to two possible subjects (but no longer believed it was Pilar drinking her ginger tea who was trying to pull the fast one) you open your mouth to declare who stole the muffins, until Queenie comes storming into the room in a rage of fury.

“You!” She screams, pointing her finger and approaching where you’ve been relaying your findings to the room. “You took my muffins! I’ll have your head for this!”

Everyone within earshot (which is a considerable number given how loudly you’re being accused) gasp, throwing hands over their faces and mouths in fear of what might happen next.

Remaining calm and holding hands up, palms facing Queenie, you firmly say “It wasn’t me,” to stop her in her tracks.

“Oh?!” She’s still shouting. “Who, pray tell, was it then? I have it on the good authority of my boyfriend it was you, so you better have proof that it wasn’t!”

After shaking your head out of frustration and disappointment, you begin again at the beginning, then when you come to the end you stop.

“…Meaning what, exactly?” Queenie asks, not putting the pieces together.

“Meaning,” you explain, “that the culprit was none other than the person you just referenced. The one responsible for stealing the muffins was Kingston.”

Cue another gasp from the area, which is becoming more crowded by the second. Catarina pounces out of nowhere, next to Hattie, Harriet and Doris, who have been listening front and center.

All at once the murmuring grows from whispers to raised, incredulous voices as everyone starts confirming your findings from their own perspectives.

Queenie, throwing a fit, bellows over the noise, demanding Kingson to “Come here this instant!”

Kingston slinks sheepishly past you, avoiding eye contacts, and approaches Queenie.

“What do you have to say for yourself?”

He explains in a small, quiet voice, that he never meant to cause this much trouble, but has been feeling jealous over Queenie’s friendship with Jack, and couldn’t help himself but try to sabotage the whole thing.

“So let me get this straight,” the hostess glares, “You mean to tell me you were hoping to make Jack look poorly and you come out the hero because you’ve been feeling jealous?!”

“…Yup.”

Kingston looks like he’s about to cry, until Queenie’s demeanor takes a completely different turn.

“Oh, my sweetheart,” her eyelashes flutter. “How devastatingly romantic!”

Everyone cheers as Queenie throws her arms around Kingston.

Well, everybody but you and two others.

Pilar places a palm over her face, then glides away into another room, and as you watch her leave, there’s Jack in the doorway.

He mouths, “Thank you,” as he turns to follow Pilar away from the silliness playing out before you.

Rolling your eyes, you can’t help but laugh at the whole ordeal. Just grateful to be back, you collect yourself and make for the door to head home as a tray of muffins is being passed around to the guests by the twins.

You grab one for the road before walking outside, swearing they better be worth it after all that. After a first, tiny bite, you also hate to admit that it’s one of the best you’ve ever tasted.

All in all, not the worst party you’ve attended…

** All the delectable beans & awards
have been submitted as listed below!

The Messy Marmalade award: Image
For completing 6 tasks.

Anne-Marie Gagne
Janne Halla
Lex Green
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Louis Walles
Harry Walles
Prof. Will Lestrange
Maeve Madden
Aquaria Sandalwood
Aurelia West

The Missing Muffins award: Image
For completing all 12 tasks.

Janne Halla
Lex Green
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Louis Walles
Harry Walles
Prof. Will Lestrange
Maeve Madden
Aquaria Sandalwood

The Beans sack:

Anne-Marie Gagne - 120
Katherine Laurier - 60
Janne Halla - 240
Lex Green - 240
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black - 240
Louis Walles - 240
Harry Walles - 240
Prof. Will Lestrange - 240
Elena Galatas - 90
Maeve Madden - 240
Caius Magnusson - 60
Aquaria Sandalwood - 240
Aurelia West - 90

A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE for your participation!!

— The intro used in this activity was written almost seven years ago. It popped up recently, and I decided it could be a nice jumping off point for some silliness and fun, with themes from one of my favorite stories since I was a small child. In fact, the Alice books were among the first I ever devoured by myself when I learned to read. Have a vivid memory of sitting with a hard cover of the first book in a shopping cart. My mom pushed me around the grocery store with her list of things to buy while I turned page after page, nose stuck in the book. So thank you to everyone who shared in this little bit of wonderland together! It’s been a pleasure. :wub:

Xoxo,
-Sin
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Re: ~ m i s s i n g | MUFFINS ~

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Tue May 02, 2023 11:48 am

I’d additionally like to offer a special thanks to Prof. Tarma Amelia Black for being the Beans Sponsor for Low Tide & High Tea!!! It is greatly appreciated. <3

Also meant to mention this above, but for anyone who hasn’t read “The Lost Wonderland Diaries” by Jeffrey Scott Savage, I stumbled upon it last year and just been relistening to the audiobook this week. It’s a fun one for anyone who appreciates such things!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Return to Low Tide & High Tea