Activity Introduction

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Activity Introduction

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:59 am

You and a cat sit among some flowers, practicing the most natural of your abilities: communicating with plants and animals.

{Isn’t she beautiful?} Bud thinks of the frisky fluffball.

A blue butterfly with bronze-tipped wings sails past as the cat swats her paws toward it.

{Or isn’t it a grayish blue moth?}

You eat your bread and butter to the melodious sounds of a golden afternoon.

Sighing softly, you brush your hands along blades of grass to place palms beneath a cropped head of frequently bleached, blonde hair, which is typically accented by some azure accessory or other, in various brilliant and bold styles.

The flavor of your moods are as careless as the mind they come from. Both blow with the breeze, bending bigger and smaller from moment to moment.

Mild winds pick up and take to the pages of a novel you’ve been reading as Hattie and Harriet flip through their picture books.

What use is a book with so many pictures in it? You turn over in your thoughts, recalling how you hated your elder sister Anne’s books when you were younger for being filled with nothing but words.

“Cropped heads,” you muse beneath your breath, though in lesser part to yourself than to the cat, who is an absolute tyrant if she’s nothing.

{Nothing is all she is} remind the Tulips—who are quite right, of course.

“At it again,” Hattie gossips with dry and maddening delight, twisting porcelain fingers through her fiery orange curls.

“Who?! WHO?!?” Harriet never misses an opportunity to march in on a good piece of talk.

{Old Rabbit Face.} You laugh. No, she really is quite a sleek and bouncy spirit, that Harriet.

“Queenie,” answers Hattie, beaming side-eyes before returning to her cup, holding off the stuff just long enough to bless them with “Another Party.” Her eyes take on a greedily insatiable look which arouses your curiousers and curiousers.

“What kind of party,” you sit up, turning to Harriet. Knowing that Hattie was… gone again, in her usual way.

Scratching her jaw and chewing at the air as though she can taste something, “Teeea!” Harriet howls, “Will you come? You should come! All of us will be there.”

Who are you to say no to such wide, amber eyes, with those long lashes fluttering in your direction?

No," you say firmly.

Ah, yes. That's who.

Harriet’s nose twitches back and forth as she pours another cup for herself before conjuring up a second that is apparently meant for you. “Come on, Liddell. Live a little!"

“Done me a share of living, March.” You tease back, but accept the glass. “Besides, I don’t know how long I’ll be with the Pepper boy.”

“That PODGE?!” Harriet quibbles.

“He isn't a podge,” you defend. “Just built stocky. I imagine you would stress-eat twice as much as he ever has if your parents quarreled anywhere near as awful as his mothers do."

“You wouldn’t really Imagine that on me, would you?” She mock-gasps, chortling in response.

“I just might!" Still firm, but softening. “Anyway, apparently he’s sick. Was up sneezing half the night, so I’m going over to check in on him.” You catch a glance of a smirk passed between the others. “Can I help you?”

“No, no.” Those amber eyes glinting in the sun while Harriet takes a crushed piece of ice in her mouth. “I’m just impressed you’re not staying home pouring over another sinkful of dishes when it isn’t even your week. Again.”

You roll your eyes.

Even the cat seems to be grinning about something.

“I’ll plan to stop by,” you resolve.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Return to Low Tide & High Tea