Week 1 - Task #2 - Choose Your Transportation

Moderator: Prof. Alexander Brighton

Week 1 - Task #2 - Choose Your Transportation

Postby Prof. Alexander Brighton » Wed May 03, 2023 2:17 am

Now that you have a destination in mind, how will you get there? Will you fly on your broomstick or on the muggle transportation of airplanes or buses? Or maybe you’ll use Floo Powder or (if you’re able to) perhaps you will apparate to get there quickly. It’s completely up to you.

Create artwork of the transportation method that you choose. Post below by May 31st. This is worth 10 beans.

Please post below by May 31st. This will be worth 10 beans. You can earn a bonus of 20 beans if you send in at least half of the tasks by the due date and you can earn a bonus of 40 beans if you send in all tasks.

Alternatively, you can write about your method of transport. Just make sure it's at least 100 words.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Professor

Re: Week 1 - Task #2 - Choose Your Transportation

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Wed May 03, 2023 3:43 pm

I have a major fear of heights and planes, so getting on one of those is out of the question. Which means flying a broomstick is as well but that was out because they're not really made for flying across oceans. So that means I'd need a portkey to get to the MACUSA building in order to then floo to a location in Pigeon Forge (or nearby).

I hate taking portkeys since the spinning makes my head hurt even with my eyes closed but there's really not any other way to get from England to America that isn't a muggle plane. And I am refusing to use any of those ever in my life.
Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Lex Green » Wed May 03, 2023 4:14 pm

I'll be taking a flight over to my vacation spot in New York City. Of course, there's some much easier ways to get there - apparating or floo powder would certainly be much quicker - but I quite enjoy the experience of flying, and I feel like taking a flight adds to the overall experience of the holiday. Also, since I'm at Kings Cross, there's a lot of airports I can get to fairly easily to fly to New York. Travelling in general can stress me out a bit, so I'm definitely going to be at the airport far earlier than I need to be, just in case.
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Postby Prof. Felicia Hartwick » Thu May 04, 2023 11:04 pm

Mode of transportation from England to the United States? There's only one way for me to get there... Muggle airplanes! Flying over the Atlantic Ocean on a broomstick does not sound very appealing to me, or anyone I would think. To Apparate across the Ocean would be a bit difficult as well, I would probably make some stops along little islands on the way, and I really don't want to make any stops. Portrays and all that spinning makes me dizzy on small trips. So a one way trip by plane is my way to travel. I wouldn't even need to rent a car while I'm there because everything is in walking reach and really, once I stock up the house, all I'm doing is walking out the front door to the beach!
Prof. Felicia Hartwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat May 06, 2023 9:51 pm

I'm using Floo Powder. It's always been a quick and reliable source of transportation for me and I'm only going a little ways, right? After all, one could almost just fly the distance and I'd do that but I'm taking my backpack (which has an undetectable extension charm) and it's just a little bulky and even a bit heavy for me.

There are some thoughts of apparation, too, but again, sometimes in apparation, the things one is hanging onto get separated (even if one retains ones body parts all in one place). I really want to have my backpack with me -- it's stocked with all kinds of warm clothes and even some hot cocoa mixes.

So the primary thing for me to do is find a Floo Network and then place my request, pay the fee, and step into the fireplace .... and go to Eilean Donan! :cool:
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Aquaria Sandalwood » Mon May 08, 2023 11:42 pm

Since my destination is London, once I get to Platform 9 ¾, I am already there! I will use muggle transportation to get around the city (I will venture onto the Tube), but if I am going to explore more of the UK, which I plan to, then I will most likely use my broomstick to get around. I would use Floo Powder, but I’m not exactly sure where all I want to go, so it would be hard to find the right fireplace to exit. Also, I imagine it would be rude to just pop up in someone’s home on my travels!
Aquaria Sandalwood
Prefect-in-Training

Return to Vanishing Vacation