Week 1 - Task #4 - Where are You?

Moderator: Prof. Alexander Brighton

Week 1 - Task #4 - Where are You?

Postby Prof. Alexander Brighton » Wed May 03, 2023 2:28 am

You take a look at the map and try to find your location. But where exactly did you end up and how will you get to your vacation now?

Let me know where you are and what your plans are for getting to your vacation. Are you planning to take another mode of transport or are you thinking of something else? Discuss your next move below. But please make your first post at least 60-75 words. This will be worth 10 beans, but you can earn a bonus of 5 beans by replying to someone else’s comment.

Please post below by May 31. If you complete at least half the tasks by the due date, you will earn a bonus of 20 beans. If you complete all tasks, you will earn a bonus of 40 beans.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Professor

Re: Week 1 - Task #4 - Where are You?

Postby Anne-Marie Gagne » Wed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm

Luckily the portkey made it to the MACUSA building just fine but the floo malfunctioned and I came out of the wrong fireplace (luckily it was a fireplace in a magical building, I wouldn't want to be the center of a muggle being exposed to magic even on accident) a couple thousand miles from Tennessee since I ended up in Montana.

I'm worried about taking another floo just in case this happens again but I really want to go see Dollywood again but the other option is another portkey and no thanks. One to get to America and one to get back to England is all I need to use. So I guess it's time to find another floo that I can use.
Anne-Marie Gagne
Reserve Prefect

Postby Prof. Felicia Hartwick » Thu May 04, 2023 11:16 pm

Well so much for the sunny shores and warm breezes of Pass-A-Grille, Florida. The Muggle plane developed issues and I am now in Oqunquit, Maine. The weather is a lot chillier than I expect, but there are beaches here too. Not quite the white sands and warm water I was expecting, but I can still sit on a beach, so it's not too bad.

Once I calm down, get my luggage, and find a place to stay, I decide that I'm going to rent a car and cruise on down the east coast and make my way down to Florida.
Prof. Felicia Hartwick
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sat May 06, 2023 9:45 pm

I cannot believe it. How did this happen? I am apparently dumped onto a sunny beach down south somewhere (I figure it is 'south' because of the palm trees and white sands and balmy air) and it's decidedly not the brisk air of a Scottish Highlands. All my clothes in the backpack are for a distinct cool climate, as are the clothes I'm wearing. Thermal hoodies and knitted caps are not the thing to wear on a beach!

Oh, look. I see a sign on the beach, as I am trudging along carrying my backpack and wishing I didn't have sheepskin lined boots on (along with the hoody and knitted cap). Evidently I'm in the USA. Someplace called Florida. There are bugs here. I need to find a place to change into my one pair of light jeans and t-shirt and maybe accio some bug spray while I'm at it.

I've no idea what I'm going to do. Obviously the Floo Network is wonky. How in the world I switched continents is sort of funny though. I thought for sure that that would take buckets and buckets of Floo Powder!

Maybe .... maybe I'll just --- oh, look. I've heard of this phenomanem ... phenoneman .... well, it's people who serve drinks. With funny little umbrellas. And there is an umbrella to sit under and the chair isn't occupied. Maybe I'll just sit there and have a cold drink and figure out what I'm going to do next. :cool:
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Re'em

Postby Aquaria Sandalwood » Tue May 09, 2023 8:23 pm

My broomstick caught on fire and I had to land, and at first I could not for the life of me figure out where I was! I was not in the air very long, so I must be not too far north of London. I think I may try apparating, although I am not at all good at it, but I don’t know where to get off using floo powder, so that might be my next best bet! I will just picture where I want to go in my mind, and hopefully I will make it alright!
Aquaria Sandalwood
Prefect-in-Training

Postby Lex Green » Wed May 10, 2023 4:50 pm

I had a connecting flight on my way to New York, and unfortunately, the second flight got cancelled, but we only found this out after getting off the first plane! Suddenly, magical methods of transporation seemed much more appealing. Unfortunately, there wasn't really the opportunity to apply to the ministry for a license to make a portkey, and being surrounded by muggles, it wasn't a good time to apparate. My only option was to wait for the next flight to NYC, which luckily, wasn't too far away.
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Return to Vanishing Vacation