Week 2 - Task #4 - The Letter

Moderator: Prof. Alexander Brighton

Week 2 - Task #4 - The Letter

Postby Prof. Alexander Brighton » Tue May 09, 2023 11:38 pm

Since you have now been gone for longer than you were allowed, you should write a letter to the Headmistress to explain why you’re late returning so she doesn't send out a search party. You should also let her know that you will be back by next week.

Write out your letter below in at least 50 words. You can make it as funny or serious as you want.

Please post below by May 31. If you complete at least half the tasks by the due date, you will earn a bonus of 20 beans. If you complete all tasks, you will earn a bonus of 40 beans.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Professor

Re: Week 2 - Task #4 - The Letter

Postby Aquaria Sandalwood » Tue May 16, 2023 7:03 pm

Dear Headmistress Adderholt,
My sincerest apologies that, as I am sure has been brought to your attention, I am not back at school yet. I have not escaped never to return, I have simply had a few unfortunate run-ins that I was not anticipating. This has not turned out to be the relaxing vacation that I was hoping for, and now I’m starting to regret trying to have a little getaway at all.
Thank you so much, however, for allowing me to go on this little escapade, and although I have been dealing with mysterious and very non-relaxing circumstances, I remain in your debt for your kindness. There is no need to send out a search party, as my travels have just had a few hiccups and there have been a few events that I have had to deal with that have kept me from returning on time. You have my word that I will return by next week.

Thank you for understanding,
Aquaria Sandalwood
Aquaria Sandalwood
Prefect-in-Training

Re: Week 2 - Task #4 - The Letter

Postby Lex Green » Sat May 20, 2023 10:16 am

Dear Headmistress,
I know that by now you may be worried about my lack of communication and extended absence, so I am writing to inform you that I am perfectly okay. My return to school has been delayed by a series of unfortunate (but no longer problematic) situations, but I will be back at the school by the end of next week, at the latest.
Thank you for everything,
Lex Green
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Return to Vanishing Vacation