Week 3 - Task #2 - The Intruder

Moderator: Prof. Alexander Brighton

Week 3 - Task #2 - The Intruder

Postby Prof. Alexander Brighton » Fri May 19, 2023 3:24 pm

Finally, things seem to be working out and you’re enjoying your vacation.

But one day, you hear a huge sound. It sounds almost like a car backfiring. Of course, you know what also can sound like that, Apparition.

You wonder if there’s something happening that shouldn’t be happening. You follow your ears to where you heard the noise and spot a very sketchy looking person. Something is just off about him.

You follow this person, being careful not to be spotted. You follow him for what feels like hours, but you know it’s probably only been about 20-30 minutes.

Finally, this person goes into a large area and you notice him take out a wand. He has a very menacing look on his face. You were right about him, he shouldn't be here. He says "I know you're there" You reach for your own wand while you come out from the shadows. He suddenly turns around and casts "Stupefy". You act quickly by casting "Protego".

What happens next? Do you talk while both of your wands are raised or do you go into attack mode? Would it be a friendly duel or a duel to the death? Write a story of at least 100 words of what happens and how you get out of that situation.

Please post below by June 1st at 11:59 pm HOL time (giving an extra day since this weeks tasks are a bit late).

If you complete at least half the tasks, you will earn a bonus 20 beans. If you complete all tasks by the due date then you can earn a bonus of 40 beans.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Professor

Re: Week 3 - Task #2 - The Intruder

Postby Lex Green » Mon May 29, 2023 3:12 pm

My shield charm sent the stranger's stunning spell back towards them, and before they had time to gather their thoughts and react, I shouted 'Expelliarmus!' Their wand flew towards me and I caught it neatly.

The stranger looked surprised at my counter attack, as if they hadn't realised I wasn't a muggle, which confused me even further - trying to stun a muggle would've definitely been a breach of the International Statute Of Secrecy.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

They hesitated, before turning around and starting to run away from me again. For a moment, I began to chase them, but then I remembered that I had their wand, which meant that firstly, they were far less of a threat, and secondly, MACUSA may be able to identify them, so instead, I turned a different way and started making my way to the MACUSA office.
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Return to Vanishing Vacation