Week 4 - Task #2 - The Journey Back

Moderator: Prof. Alexander Brighton

Week 4 - Task #2 - The Journey Back

Postby Prof. Alexander Brighton » Wed May 24, 2023 11:39 am

You made it out of that fire just in time, but you lost almost everything. All you have is a notepad and a muggle pen. You lost all your clothes (aside from what you’re wearing of course) and you’re broomstick and wand.

You have no idea how the fire could have started, but you have options here. You could apparate back to the train station or Hogsmeade, but with how things have turned out, you’re very liable to leave half your body behind. The other option is to go on foot or take muggle means.

You can’t even use the Floo Network because there are no fireplaces nearby. You could go on foot or take muggle transport to a wizarding household that you know. Maybe they will help you.

In at least 100 words, post below telling me what you are going to do. Give details of your experience of the muggle transport system whether that be taxis, ubers, trains, or planes. If you want to try to Apparate, be my guest, but it could be very risky. If you do choose to apparate though, give details of that experience.

The due date is June 1 at 11:59 PM HOL time. This task is worth 10 beans. If you complete at least half the tasks by the due date, you can earn a bonus of 20 beans. If you complete all tasks, you can earn a bonus of 40 beans.
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Professor

Re: Week 4 - Task #2 - The Journey Back

Postby Lex Green » Mon May 29, 2023 3:40 pm

I decided to try and get back home in the same way I got to New York, by plane. However, that was going to be tricky, since I didn't have a flight booked, a passport, or any form of money to pay with.

The first thing I did was take the subway down to the MACUSA office, hoping someone there would be able to help me. On the way, I called one of my friends who worked at our British Ministry of Magic, in the hopes that they would have a contact here in the US that I could ask for. Luckily, they did, and when I arrived at the MACUSA office, their contact was waiting for me. They led me to a small office, where they gave me a passport (I suspected it had been magically created, as it felt much lighter than a normal one), and a ticket for a flight back to London. I thanked them graciously and then made my way onto the subway to the airport, where I was able to board my flight and return to the UK.
Lex Green
Reserve Prefect

Return to Vanishing Vacation