KFC or KFC?

Debate Club

Moderators: Prof. Kendra Givens, Prof. Alexander Brighton, Amy Smith, Ravenclaw Staff

KFC or KFC?

Postby Maeve Madden » Thu May 06, 2021 9:37 pm

Fried chicken is a common favourite food all over the world. American fried chicken was invented by African-Americans, combining Scottish deep frying with West African seasonings. This dish has spread rapidly over the world, with the most notable fried chicken restaurant chain being Kentucky Fried Chicken. Korean fried chicken first arrived during the Korean War, when African-American soldiers would sell their soul-food American fried chicken to Koreans. There are many differences between American and Korean fried chicken, including the frying technique and the seasonings added.

ImageImage

So... which style of fried chicken do you prefer? Me personally, I like Korean fried chicken better because it has a lighter bread coating and I like the seasonings and sauces used better than American fried chicken.
Maeve Madden
My MC is a... Augurey

Re: KFC or KFC?

Postby Emily Spencer » Fri May 07, 2021 4:00 pm

I would join you on that; I prefer the Korean version, too. Mind, there is nothing wrong with the American version, but I like a lighter crust and the seasoning on the Korean version is much tastier, in my opinion.
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Postby Viviana Kingston » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:34 am

I personally have never tried Korean fried chicken before but I’d certainly agree that it may be better than Kentucky fried chicken in flavour, but I’m not sure about the crispness because I like me some crispy chicken unless it’s roasted.
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
Viviana Kingston
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Postby Hiya Debnath » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:21 pm

I prefer Kentucky fried chicken because of the crispiness. It can be a good snack. It is said that crispy food is good for mood uplifting. The Korean fried chicken is wetter and not crispy.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Hiya Debnath
My MC is a... Chizpurfle

Return to Bird to Differ