The "Clever Minded"

All game threads go here

Moderators: Ariella McManus, Mod Squad

The "Clever Minded"

Postby Ariella McManus » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:06 am

A new thread for you :)

This game is fun and 'tailor made' for Ravies!

First, it is important to get the rules, (follow the official game rules) it is all about questions, so the person one (in this case me) posts the first question (Please, no private questions, just science, maths, and knowledge questions) then the person two answers the question (just if he/she knows the answer) and posts another question, like this:

1st person:
Q: How many moons has Mercury?

2nd person:
A: Mercury has no moons.
Q: When did Colombo found America?

3rd person:
A: In 1492
Q: .....

*Please, no double meaning questions/answers or unclear questions/answers!

Last Question:
Q: By US stallion Fraar, this group 3 winning and group 1 placed racing mare had over 3000 owners and ran in the 1999 Caulfield cup.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Ariella McManus
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Re: The "Clever Minded"

Postby Michelle Erickson » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:48 pm

Q: By US stallion Fraar, this group 3 winning and group 1 placed racing mare had over 3000 owners and ran in the 1999 Caulfield cup.

Just a guess here but is it Sky Height?

Q: Lucy the T-rex resides in what Museum?
"You could be a greater hero than you know. So be kind, do good, and change the world. Because you are capable of that.[/size]
The Doctor is Watching."[/color]
Michelle Erickson
My MC is a... Billywig

Postby Iris Ixchel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Q. Lucy the T-rex resides in what Museum?

A. This is probably wrong because I can't find anything anywhere on Lucy the T-rex, though I have heard of her, so I'm going to guess the Museum of The Rockies.

Michelle Erickson wrote:Q: By US stallion Fraar, this group 3 winning and group 1 placed racing mare had over 3000 owners and ran in the 1999 Caulfield cup.

Just a guess here but is it Sky Height?

The mares name was Nina Hiraka. Sky Height is actually Sky Heights and he was a gelding by Zabeel(NZ)

I should stop asking questions about Australian Racing, nobody else follows it.

Q: What was the name of the person who replaced Alfie-boy on Melbourne radio in the early 1950's and went on to have a television career that spanned 6 decades.
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich...
Iris Ixchel

Location: Ever wonder where all your socks go? I've got them...they're Mine, ALL MINE! Mwhahaha, ha haha ha ha

Postby Michelle Erickson » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Iris Ixchel wrote:Q. Lucy the T-rex resides in what Museum?

A. This is probably wrong because I can't find anything anywhere on Lucy the T-rex, though I have heard of her, so I'm going to guess the Museum of The Rockies.

I apologize, I've conflated two different specimens, Lucy the Australopithecus and Sue the T.rex. Let's pretend the question was never ever asked? Sue, the one I meant to have asked about is in Chicago in the Natural History Museum. I sincerely apologize!

Q: What was the name of the person who replaced Alfie-boy on Melbourne radio in the early 1950's and went on to have a television career that spanned 6 decades.
A: Harry Curtis?

Q: Name all of Henry VIII's wives and list what happened to them, in order of first to last.
"You could be a greater hero than you know. So be kind, do good, and change the world. Because you are capable of that.[/size]
Michelle Erickson
My MC is a... Billywig

Postby Ariella McManus » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Q: Name all of Henry VIII's wives and list what happened to them, in order of first to last.

A: Catherine of Aragon-The marriage was annulled; she died while being retained under guard at Kimbolton Castle
Anne Boleyn-She was executed by beheading.
Jane Seymour-She died after giving birth from complications
Anne of Cleves-The marriage was annulled and they actually remained friends; she outlived him, becoming the last of his wives to die.
Catherine Howard-She was executed by beheading.
Catherine Parr-She was married to Henry at the time of his death; his 'official' widow.

Q: Which French monarch was known as "The Spider" and why?
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”
Ariella McManus

Postby Michelle Erickson » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:18 pm

Q: Which French monarch was known as "The Spider" and why?
A: Louis XI was called the Spider King because of both his interest in courtly intrigues and his intense diplomatic work,

Q: Who was the first werewolf in Greek mythology and why were they cursed?

Michelle Erickson
My MC is a... Billywig

Postby Iris Ixchel » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:41 pm

Q: Who was the first werewolf in Greek mythology and why were they cursed?

A: The first werewolf was Lycaon, a King of Arcadia. He was turned into a werewolf when he was punished for serving human flesh to Zeus, wanting to know if he is really a god. More specifically, he serve Zeus his slaughtered and dismembered son.

Q: Which musician, turned political advocate was elected to Federal Parliament in the 2007 Australian election?

Michelle Erickson wrote:
A: Harry Curtis?

Sorry, it was Graham Kennedy.
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich...
Iris Ixchel

Location: Ever wonder where all your socks go? I've got them...they're Mine, ALL MINE! Mwhahaha, ha haha ha ha

Postby Michelle Erickson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Q: Which musician, turned political advocate was elected to Federal Parliament in the 2007 Australian election?
A: Paul Garrett?

Q: True or false, Queen Victoria never said, "We are not amused."
Michelle Erickson
My MC is a... Billywig

Postby Iris Ixchel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:59 am

Close, it was Peter Garrett.

Q: True or false, Queen Victoria never said, "We are not amused."

A: The phrase has been attributed to Queen Victoria and for more than a single incident but the claim had been disputed by historians and cannot be verified.

Q: Dropbears are a nationally recognised part of Australian culture. What is the other mythical (not aboriginal) creature that Aussie like to stir tourists with?
Iris Ixchel

Postby Michelle Erickson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:56 am

Q: Dropbears are a nationally recognised part of Australian culture. What is the other mythical (not aboriginal) creature that Aussie like to stir tourists with?

A: The Buyip

Q: Ishtar was the goddess of what and was from what culture/region?
Michelle Erickson
My MC is a... Billywig

Postby Iris Ixchel » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:45 am

Sorry, but not only is the Bunyip from aboriginal stories but there is evidence of them existing.... the creature I'm looking for is the Hoop Snake.

Q: Ishtar was the goddess of what and was from what culture/region?

A:Ishtar is the Assyrian and Babylonian goddess of fertility
Iris Ixchel

Postby Michelle Erickson » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:31 am

New question please?
Michelle Erickson
My MC is a... Billywig

Postby Iris Ixchel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:40 am

Sorry, I had a brain fart.

Q: At the start of the Australian show 'The Footy Show' (AFL) there is an image of a player running with a football at the end of the opening credits. Name the player and the team he played for.
Iris Ixchel

Postby Michelle Erickson » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:02 am

Iris Ixchel wrote:Sorry, I had a brain fart.

Q: At the start of the Australian show 'The Footy Show' (AFL) there is an image of a player running with a football at the end of the opening credits. Name the player and the team he played for.

A: Just a Guess on the player, Sam Newman for Geelong. Please don't hate me! I'm American!

Q: Name the very first English Queen, the House she was from, how long she ruled for, and the approx. date of her rule.
Michelle Erickson
My MC is a... Billywig

Postby Iris Ixchel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:03 pm

Q: Name the very first English Queen, the House she was from, how long she ruled for, and the approx. date of her rule.

A: Easy. Empress Matilda, House of Norman ruled for a few months in 1141. Technically she was never crowned Regent but she did rule.
My husbands family are actually decended from this line and still bare the family name.

Michelle Erickson wrote:A: Just a Guess on the player, Sam Newman for Geelong. Please don't hate me! I'm American!

Not even close, sorry. It was Jack 'Captian Blood' Dyer of Richmond, who terrorised the opposition in the 1930's and 40's. One of the games greatest ever. Sam Newman wasn't fit to polish the mans boots (he did play for Geelong, after all. At least it wasn't Collinwood)

Q: Name the Australian actor who started his career as a Comedian on 'Fast Forward'.
Iris Ixchel

Next

Return to Fun and Games