What Makes You a Ravenclaw?

Discussion and games lounge

Moderators: Adeline Morior, Katherine Laurier, Lex Green, Ravenclaw Staff

Re: What Makes You a Ravenclaw?

Postby Iris Ixchel » Tue May 08, 2012 11:10 pm

I guess I was a Ravenclaw at heart. I started primary school at 4, finished high school at 16 and uni at 19. Now I write for a living, so I'm always studying something for my next novel.
I just love to learn anything from a new mathmatical method to a new language to another musical instrument to how to change a head gasket.
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich...
Iris Ixchel
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Location: Ever wonder where all your socks go? I've got them...they're Mine, ALL MINE! Mwhahaha, ha haha ha ha

Postby Kailey Jones » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:23 pm

It was my love for reading, good grades, and the fact that I find school easy that almost made me a ravenclaw.
~Kailey Annabelle Elizabeth Hermione Jean Granger Jones
Kailey Jones
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Michelle Erickson » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:55 am

Ditto for the love of reading and learning. You wanna get rid of me? drop me off at the Smithsonian Museums!

My grades weren't the best because in Language Arts I became bored and when I am bored I don't do things that bore me (like the constant worksheets on what a noun is even in 12th Grade (Year 13)!) as I consider them a waste of energy. But I aced the tests, (even earning the highest score in the history of my district on the State Required High School Exit Exam, but did I get any sort of award or prize for that accomplishment? Nooo, not even a small plaque or gift card when all the athletes got awards quarterly for their stupid arse games). Some teachers even got on my case about reading ahead or completing work too far ahead of schedule

I never really understood Math beyond 4th Grade (Year Five) until I got to Geometry in 11th Grade (Year 12) so those grades rarely went above a D+(If we're talking HP grading system it would never rise above Poor), if I was lucky, until Geometry, B+ to A- (EE to a low O). so I slacked off after a few years of constant failure and torment.

However, my teachers, the good ones, loved my essays and presentations so I was a favorite. Though they still had to pry me from the library or the internet.

But it was still a shock to be in Ravenclaw because on every other site, including Pottermore itself, I was a Slytherin as I am cunning, conniving, and very ambitious. Go figure...
"You could be a greater hero than you know. So be kind, do good, and change the world. Because you are capable of that.[/size]
The Doctor is Watching."[/color]
Michelle Erickson
My MC is a... Billywig

Postby Olivia Iris » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:16 am

I'm dyspraxic, so I'm rubbish at sport, but I do like subjects that are usually called boring by my friends. I like history, geography and English because they require research skills and include lots of essay questions. I also love reading and am doing very well in school, so my parents are really happy. I also love riddles, as a Ravenclaw should, and am attempting to do the Rubik's Cude blindfolded. I just need to do it with my eyes open first! :-)

But I did half expect to be sorted into Slytherin as I'm quite cowardly, and am a save myself person - not to mention very proud of all my schoolwork. But I suppose that the sorting hat was right, as I'm fitting into Ravenclaw really well, and am enjoying my first year. Go Ravenclaw!!!
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
- Thomas Edison

Image Please help me hatch this Dragon, just click on the egg!
Olivia Iris
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Katsuro Otoribashi » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:52 am

I think I've always been a Ravenclaw. I love books of all sorts and I also like to write down the many ideas that may find their way into my mind. I am the boy at school who you will find jotting down random and interesting ideas.
Katsuro Otoribashi
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Seville Snape » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 pm

When I first read the HP books and watched the movies I instantly felt that if I ever went to Hogwarts, I would be in Ravenclaw, and now I am :D. I think I fit right in because my first priority is schoolwork (and reading... but that's besides the point.) I suck at any type of sport ad that's one of the reasons that I focus so much on my schoolwork. In most stressful situations I am always able to figure out the most logical solution, without being rash and letting my emotions get in the way, which is probably why I'm not Gryffindor or Hufflepuff...
:r4:
Seville Snape

Postby Sierra Granger » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:15 am

I work on puzzles in my spare time. I go to the library 3 times a week. I excel in all of my classes in real school.

I killed Sirius Black!
Sierra Granger
My MC is a... Augurey

Postby Clarissa Ridney » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:46 am

I know I'm a Ravenclaw because I'm living by the book. I love to learn new things and get excited with puzzles.
I also called weird by my friends because I spent weekends hangout with my date by visiting local museums (when most people went to malls or amusement park) I love to learn how things happened years ago and affecting today's situation - or simply because of my high curiosity. :D
Clarissa Ridney
My MC is a... Ramora

Postby Lamia Brickley » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:11 am

(*Visiting badger tries to climb up to the roost* I know why I'm not in Ravenclaw. I can't fly :D)
Just visiting some other houses. Not that I don't like my own (I'm happy to be a badger :D) but I want to try making some inter-house contacts.

Back on topic. I would say that, even if I'm not in Ravenclaw, I have a few characteristics of Ravenclaw. I'm very into logic puzzles. The text ones as well as number puzzles. I'm trying to make it a bit more popular in the Sett :D
I'm also very into knowledge and learning. I'm almost intersted in anything, however, I prefer science stuff (studying chemistry) and HOW the brain works and learns. I really find it fascinating.
Back at school I also studied topics before they were actually discussed in class just because it sometimes went a bit slow. :oops:

So I would say, even as a badger, I do have some ravenclaw characteristics :oops:
Lamia Brickley

Postby Hannah R Thomas » Fri May 08, 2015 12:31 am

Knowledge and school has always been a high value of mine. At first, I thought myself being in Gryffindor and becoming like Hermione Granger. Turns out, I don't have any of those brave aspects. However, I'm glad that I'm a Ravenclaw because of how I love school :D , both in Hogwarts and in real life (yes, I know...weird). I love to read and I can't study without being around books (aka my room or the library). I'm also pursuing to become a teacher in real life and I always have overachieving goals whenever it comes to my studies or books :)
Hannah R Thomas
My MC is a... Niffler

Postby Cliodna Levebre » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:53 am

I don't know. First I thought I was a Gryffindor. When I did my entrance exam, the answers I gave was related to bravery and friendship. No, no.. It doesn't mean that I hate this house, No.. Absolutely no.
I think that Sorting Hat could see deeply into my head, my brain. I love reading, I hate breaking the rules, I always excited to learn something new.
Cliodna Levebre
My MC is a... Mooncalf

Postby Ilayda Aysel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:54 am

Well, I too originally thought I was a Gryffindor, simply because the people in real life to whom I relate the best were Gryffindors. However, I began to think about it, and no...I'm a Ravenclaw. The moment I knew this was when I passed the Accuplacer test to duel enroll in college when I was fourteen. So yes, I'm a proud Ravenclaw, my friends! :D
Ilayda Aysel

Postby Anna Broomswick » Fri May 03, 2019 1:10 am

My favorite thing to do is reading, and I love school. I will always love learning new things. I also love painting and drawing, and would say I am pretty creative.
Anna Broomswick

Postby Eleanor Padley » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:04 pm

I read most of my free time, which my friends find strangely odd :lol: I love school and I always like to help people and give advice! I would say I am unique and like to be original. I'm creative and I love art, especially doodling all over things! :D
Eleanor Padley

Postby Silvana Mandeville » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:00 pm

Apart from my love for reading, I love to seek knowledge. Even though I am not an expert in some field, at least I know the basics about them. Learning new things is my favorite thing to do because I am a curious person~ If someone is saying something and I don't know anything about it then I would look at Google or ask them. So yeah, talking with someone about many things definitely gives me more knowledge. I also love to learn many languages, it's fun! I love teaching and it's my passion. To have my own school is my dream! Another thing is, I like to observe things. Like an eagle that flies high in the sky and sees things from above. I tend to be like that, I see things from many sides, that's why my friends always come to me for advice. They even call me, the solution-able, lol. Also, I think I'm creative, creative in giving out any ideas for events and such. Well, this is what my friends said about me xD. Overall, I think it's because I have more Ravenclaw's traits in me than other traits from other houses.
Always follow your heart but
remember to bring your brain along.
Silvana Mandeville
Prefect

PreviousNext

Return to Below the Branches