Le Maitre de la Mort discussion

Moderators: Prof. Alexander Brighton, Vanessa Tilley, Shadow Gaunt

Le Maitre de la Mort discussion

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello pranksters!

Let us know what your thoughts on Le Maitre de la Mort! Did you enjoy it or not? Any interesting ideas it brought to mind?

Please post your comments below and we look forward to everyone's thoughts!

This task will be due on April 29 at 11:59 pm HOL time.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas!
Vanessa Tilley
My MC is a... Fire Crab

Re: Le Maitre de la Mort discussion

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:25 pm

I enjoyed this a lot. While the production value wasn't as good as the fan film "Origins of the Heir" I enjoyed the casting and storyline a lot more. I really liked how much research they put into this, and they did a great job showing Voldemort becoming more and more inhuman as the horcruxes were created. Out of the three, I'd definitely say this one was my favorite!
Arianna Stonewater
My MC is a... Red Cap

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:28 am

This was incredibly good! I liked how the atmosphere was maintained; the feel of extreme nasty. I also particularly liked how the person who was playing Tom Riddle (Voldemort) was what would be considered extremely good looking, even charismatic in his looks and demeanor, yet he used that to such ill-effect.

And, as Arianna mentions, his choices of who and what he is has a definite effect upon his looks ... and charisma. Superb acting by all the people in all the roles!

And I loved it being in French. <3
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Snidget

Postby Shiloh Adlar » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:09 am

I absolutely loved this one! Like Arianna said, the production value wasn't in the range of Origins of the Heir at all, but the plot line to this was wonderful. And like Tarma said, that was the one big thing I noticed about Voldemort. He was so good looking in this, and that fits the character so well in how he used all of that to his advantage. I also loved how they showed the deterioration of his form as he continued to make his horcruxes.

The only thing I really wanted more of was a bit more background into Tom, and I know that wasn't the point of this movie, but I wish something would show more of him as a teenager and what he went through to make this decision. I can figure it all out for myself easily, but it would be nice to see and tying it into the creation of the horcruxes. Also, the beginning horcrux scenes happened so quickly, and I wish they would have had a bit more detail to them for a longer movie.

I also loved that it was in French. Listening to the French (and knowing French) and reading the subtitles at the same time is an interesting experience.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year, Prefect, RQT Co-Captain
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.” -Voltaire
Shiloh Adlar
My MC is a... Hag

Return to Prank Wars