The New Seven Wonders of the World

Moderators: Prof. Kendra Givens, Gail Allen

The New Seven Wonders of the World

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:30 am

Hello, fellow HOLers, and welcome to Ravenclaw Summer Camp 2018! Summer Camp is open to all houses, so we hope you’re in the mood to travel, as we’re going to spend the next seven weeks traversing the globe to explore the New Seven Wonders of the World! Each week, we will reveal a new location and explore activities related to the Wonder found at that location and the culture surrounding it.

Summer camp begins next Monday, July 9th. There will be four activities presented per week, typically in the form of two puzzles, a writing activity, and a drawing/designing activity. Successful completion of these activities before the last day of camp on August 26th will earn you 10 beans per activity. However, if you complete the activities within the week they are posted, you will also earn 5 bonus beans per activity!

In addition to the weekly scheduled activities, you are invited to participate in an optional Treasure Hunt that will be going on through the entirety of camp! Upon completion of each weekly activity, you will be given a few letters of a password. Completing all four of the week’s activities will give you all of the letters to that week’s password, which will give you access to a website with two additional Treasure Hunt activities. Successful completion of Treasure Hunt activities will earn you the same amount of beans as the other activities, plus a surprise bonus at the end of camp!
You can find the website here with instructions on how to use it:
https://sites.google.com/site/ravenclawsummercamp2018/

Here is what our travel itinerary will look like:
Week 1 - July 9-15
Week 2 - July 16-22
Week 3 - July 23-29
Week 4 - July 30-August 5
Week 5 - August 6-12
Week 6 - August 13-19
Week 7 - August 20-26

**Note: Our aim is to ensure that all summer camp activities are fully accessible and enjoyable for all participants. Should you have trouble accessing or completing any activities due to disability, we can create alternate activities better suited for you. Please feel free to contact the organizers at ravenclawevent @ gmail.com (no spaces) so that we can accommodate your needs.

Let’s have some fun!!
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Re: The New Seven Wonders of the World

Postby Zen McGregor » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:26 am

Sounds super exciting! I am super happy to join eagles and the rest of the members in this fun activity!
Zen McGregor
My MC is a... ACK! It ran away!

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Alright! Can't wait :) it's been a while since I've been in the roost
Arianna Stonewater
My MC is a... Red Cap

Postby Janie Peterson » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:55 pm

I'm also super excited! Sounds fun.
Janie Peterson
My MC is a... Puffskein