Week One - Costume

Moderator: Vanessa Tilley

Week One - Costume

Postby Vanessa Tilley » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:10 pm

Now that you have looked at the Sudoku, what did you decide for your costume Halloween this year! Is it scary, funny, or beautiful? We would all love to see so please draw a picture, make a graphic or write a description (minimum of 50 words) of what you are going to be for Halloween? Let your imagination soar! I look forward to seeing what you choose. :)

Post your picture and/or description below or email it to trickortreatinthenest@gmail.com by 11.59 on the 31st of October

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas!
Vanessa Tilley
My MC is a... Fire Crab

Re: Week One - Costume

Postby Iverian Gnash » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Alright, so for Halloween I must say that I would definitely dress up as Bellatrix Lestrange, since she is my all-time favorite character. It would be really awesome. I would wear a long black dress and crazy black hair. I would bring along a bent wand and have my siblings dress up as other death eaters. We would talk in menacing tones and my siblings would wear witches and wizards robes or whatever their character wears. We would use a witch’s hat as our Halloween baskets.
Iverian Gnash
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Prof. Polaris Black » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:39 pm

I'm going to go as Belle.
In memory of Polaris Black
A "Cassie Sig" is priceless - thank you so much!
Prof. Polaris Black
On my way to breaking the Roost!

Postby Arianna Stonewater » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:53 am

I make my costume pretty much every year, and ever since my daughter was born (ok, really just last year, and now this year!) we do group costumes!

Last year we were Spongebob, Sandy Cheeks, and Spongebob's pineapple house. This year, we're dominoes! (the game, not the pizza)

Arianna Stonewater
My MC is a... Red Cap

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:06 pm

I've just watched the latest Star Wars movies, it is cold around here (so warmth is important), so all that added up to -- a Chewbacca costume!

This is an outfit which covers the complete body and the fabric of it is a fake fur in layers of different shades of brown (with some dark grey at the shoulders). The outfit is in 6 pieces. The pants include the built-in feet. The torso is cleverly made so that there is no demarcation line between torso and pants -- it seems seamless. The hands are put on after the main body of the costume is on, and the fur of the arms completely covers the place where the high wrist parts go. The hardest part to put on in the head because you have to get the eyes centered properly (or you can't see). The bandolier goes on after all the rest is on -- and helps to hold it all together and not shift around.

*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Snidget

Postby Prof. Sky Alton » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:02 pm

I can never really ‘do’ Halloween as I’m usually at the computer getting prepped for NaNoWriMo but my absolute dream costume would be a Second Assistant Librarian of the Great Library of the Clayr from Garth Nix’s Old Kingdom Series. It would involve simple leggings and long sleeved shirt with a bright silk waistcoat in red over the top. As they’re no ordinary librarians though, I’d also need a dagger or short sword, wide belt and silver emergency whistle attached to the front of the waistcoat (so I can reach down and blow it if something has hold of my arms…). Mustn’t forget a charter mark on the forehead either.
(Obviously I’d LOVE to be an Abhorsen, complete with necromantic bells but I would have to wear a dark wig and coloured contacts :O. Curse being blonde!)
Prof. Sky Alton
My MC is a... Puffskein

Postby Siobhan Sullivan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm going to be a "Homemade Hero". I'll do my hair up into some sort of crazy thing (I have short hair, so I think probably a mowhawk which is something I don't do). I'll use makeup to paint a mask over my eyes and sort of go overboard with it. I'll also get a bath towel and tie it around my neck for a cape. I think you're starting to get the idea of the homemade portion of this. I don't think costumes have to be anything crazy. I just like to have fun.
To know you are ignorant is the beginning of wisdom.

Bronze Pride
Siobhan Sullivan
My MC is a... Horklump

Return to Trick or Treat in the Nest