Task 10: Drinking a hot beverage

Moderator: Mia Fountain

Task 10: Drinking a hot beverage

Postby Mia Fountain » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:23 pm

You’ve decided to get a hot beverage from the stands to warm yourself up after a fun day at the winter festival. What beverage do you decide to get? They have a variety of drinks available including hot chocolate, and apple cider.

Tell us about your favourite hot beverage in 50 words or more, or share a recipe for your favourite hot beverage.

Post below by January 31 by 11:59 pm HOL time, to earn 10 beans.
Mia Fountain
Head Student

Re: Task 10: Drinking a hot beverage

Postby Prof. Tarma Amelia Black » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:28 pm

Surprise, surprise. I wouldn't get a breve! No, I think that the drink I would go to is a double dark hot chocolate made with half and half, and not all that sweet. Something about hot chocolate and snow seems to be such a match. I'd not get the whipped cream on it; that's something for which I've never cared, maybe because usually it's not real cream? So now I need to rethink it! IF it is real cream used to make the whipped cream, yes, I want a dollop on top!
*Avatar/Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo*siggy-Boulet* Avatar-Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL."~Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
My MC is a... Snidget

Postby Aurelia West » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:28 am

I'm definitely a fan of a hot chocolate on a cold day, and lately I've found myself enjoying peppermint things so I thought why not combine the two? And it turned out delicious! Warming chocolate and cooling peppermint hand in hand is truly a lovely combination. A friend of mine also mentioned toasted marshmallow whipped cream on top, and I think I might have to add that too. Can you tell I have a bit of a sweet tooth? I'm sure I'll go back to less sweet alternatives soon...
Aurelia West
My MC is a... Jobberknoll

Postby Prof. Maxim Trevelyan » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:12 am

Another hot chocolate fanatic here. I am partial to an edition of the drink I found in 2021. On the bottom of the glass, there is the strawberry syrup (or puree). Then you get your hot chocolate of your taste, but I found it pairs the best with coconut white hot chocolate. You get whipped cream on top, sprinkled with coconut shavings (or just plain coconut flour) and some dried strawberries on top.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
My MC is a... Mackled Malaclaw

Postby Louis Walles » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:02 pm

Oh this one is tricky. Although I absolutely love non-alcoholic beers, which are available to purchase...I can't do this. I am with my children and I made one rule in my life - no drinking when I am near or with my children. Therefore, hot chocolate with whipped cream, here I come baby!
Louis Walles
My MC is a... Sea Serpent

Postby Emily Spencer » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:36 pm

Oh, this is so hard! Hot chocolate or mulled cider? Both are equally delicious on a nice, brisk day. Okay, Emily, it's toss-a-galleon-up time. Heads-hot chocolate, tails-cider.

And the winner is...

Hot chocolate! I won't complain about that!

I am usually a less-is-more kind of witch, with very little frills when it comes to my drinks. Hot chocolate is the exception. I love all the bells and whistles, which means my very luxuriously thick drink is topped with marshmallows, whipped cream, and an extra helping of dark chocolate shavings. Were it not a school outing, I may even sneak a small sip of brandy in there, but alas, no brandy this time.
Emily Spencer
My MC is a... Gnome

Postby Harry Walles » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:07 pm

I am going to break the rule and go for one of my favourite drinks - coffee. I love coffee and with my husband saying I am addicted, I can't imagine not going for a proper cappuccino or latte during the Winter Festival! Since I am currently on a diet to lose Christmas weight, no whipped cream for me :(
Harry Walles
My MC is a... Ghoul

Postby Prof. Sindor Aloyarc » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:24 pm

I remember the first time I ever mixed a packet of hot cocoa mix with a cup of coffee. These days it would have to be a great because I don’t typically take sugar in my coffee, but was OBSESSED. Prior to then I’d only ever tried black coffee and thought it was disgusting. Since then I have grown to appreciate black coffee, though I’m still more of a splash of half-and-half kinda guy. That being said, I probably would have spent my entire childhood thinking coffee was gross if I hadn’t happened to have a friend convince me to try this cocoa combo. Of course these days I’m not unfamiliar with the miracle of having a solid mocha beverage now and again, but at the time it was really eye opening. I still didn’t really get into drinking coffee on the regular until after I was an adult and worked at Starbucks for over a year in my early twenties, but these are still some of my favorite memories of drinking hot beverages. That first season of my ghetto hot cocoa and coffee in my early tweens! :lol:
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Deputy Head of House

Postby Prof. Kendra Givens » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:44 pm

I couldn't decide on my favorite, so I can write about the top three. The chai from Starbucks is simply amazing, though I do love chai tea in many cases. It just needs to be strong on the cinnamon and clove, and not too strong on the cardamom. I also LOVE early gray tea. Our local coffee place does an early gray with a hint of vanilla syrup and I could drink it every day. If I'm looking for something non-caffeinated, I love a good hot apple cider with a cinnamon stick in it.
Prof. Kendra Givens
Professor

Return to Winter Festival